• Warnock
    • Derbyshire
    • Tugay
    • Mokoena
    • Dunn
    • Bentley
    • Santa Cruz

Missed it- can you provide a link?

I saw it in the paper but can't see it in the onlione version. The item was in the fans views section of the main paper.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Basically a typically efficient 4-5-1 awayday performance. Grind em down in the 1st half, quieten the crowd and then hit em hard in the second half. I've advocated this formation as an awayday tactic for some time (it worked with just Dickov up front so I'm damn sure that it can with Cruz or Roberts) but no doubt our undeserved reputation as dogs of war has prevented Hughes from adopting it too frequently.

It aint pretty of course but with the right personnel it's pretty effective as we found out to our cost v Pompey. Lets hope that we get another chance to use it in europe this season.

Seeing as we haven't been beaten in the League since March 31st at Old Trafford playing two up front hasn't been working too badly either!!

;)

Personally I think we'd have been even more effective playing with two strikers from the start to give Santa Cruz more support but of course you can never knock three points away from home, no matter how ugly it is on the eye.

Surprised no one has spotted the piece in yesterday's Observer by our very own RevidgeBlue - good comments, got a lot into a small article.

Maybe thats cos he's not 'Revidge Blue' in real life Paul. :rolleyes:

Anyway I didn't leave home yesterday and didn't buy the paper so can you not type em for us?

S'funny how this was the match managed between two ex Man Utd players who never took a backward step on the field of play. Well imo thats a completely idiotic myth made up by the scum loving press. I can honestly say that I never rem Mark Hughes ever shirking a challenge but I can certainly remember Roy Keane backing out of many when facing a full tilt 50:50 with Gary Flitcroft!

I think that article should be sent to Arsene Whinger and possibly all the Fleet St. editors as well!

Wenger's post-match moaning marked the turning point in Rovers' press coverage. I've read some very positive press and little to no mention of "bully boys" since that interview.

I think he actually did us a huge favour. He went so far over the top that people then felt the need to dismiss it and defend us slightly. We've also been helped by the fact that there have been fewer fouls and bookings in the past few games.

"Outside the top four teams I would say Blackburn are among the very best around and I expect them to be challenging for a top six finish this season. Sunderland are going to find themselves facing a lot of teams like this, this season." :blink: A somewhat contradictory statement from Rowell.

I think he just meant a lot of teams who are better. Obviously only four or five teams seriously challenge for 5th and 6th spot, but there are 12-15 teams that might consider themselves better than Sunderland.

My posh camera got smashed at Boro first game of the season celebrating Derbs winner :unsure:

So no pictures since then I'm afraid, but my phone takes photos but craply. The only one from Saturday shows the sunshine off nicely.

gallery_1768_2_205775.jpg

Good grief Ozzie, if you took that with your phone I certainly wouldn't describe it the terms you used. :D

Archived