BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Supermarket Parking

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats mods / admin you have taken the quality of debate on this ICBINF to a whole new and unexplored level. :mellow:

You slammed us for banning "popular" threads, I recall. - Guess who's top poster in the supermarket parking topic?

You slammed us for banning "popular" threads, I recall. - Guess who's top poster in the supermarket parking topic?

Now thats odd but maybe also how very revealing Den that you took that comment as a criticism. Why? Can you offer an explanation for that?

Well done Paul.

You have won the enormous bar of imaginary chocolate. Just imagine eating it. Mmmmmm.

You have also not been awarded (with a few other posters) the "it's only a bit of a laugh on a Rovers supporters site so take that tent pole from up your rear orifice" honorary cross and bar.

Well done.

I'm still deciding who gets the "tent pole up the rear orifice" award for taking this seriously.

Any suggestions anyone?

Well done Paul.

You have won the enormous bar of imaginary chocolate. Just imagine eating it. Mmmmmm.

You have also not been awarded (with a few other posters) the "it's only a bit of a laugh on a Rovers supporters site so take that tent pole from up your rear orifice" honorary cross and bar.

Well done.

I'm still deciding who gets the "tent pole up the rear orifice" award for taking this seriously.

Any suggestions anyone?

Yes.

Guest Dik Bleek

Here in Holland road tax is based on car weight and the fuel type, so if you drive a four wheel drive diesel it will cost you a hell of a lot compared to a low emission mini hatch, all weights and fuel types are variable so there is no fixed vehicle model type.

job ..yes...picking my kids up from there mums 16 miles away and drpping them off..yes..everywhere i go i need my car end of

i worked it out once before and without my car id have my kids on a wed night for about 10 mins before i had to take them back to their mums and at weekends it would cost a small fortune in trains ,buses or taxis.

GOD BLESS CARS!!!! THEY ARE MY ANGELS

I was 30 before I could afford a car but when I did it changed my life completely. Suddenly whole new areas off the bus routes became availible. I could play badminton for a team in Accrington as well as one in Blackburn as an example. I can still go to all Rovers home matches even though I live in Baxenden (3 separate buses away) without inconvenience.

Take it from me Flopsy if you want a life a car is an essential.

Take it from me Flopsy if you want a life a car is an essential.

Wrong. There are only three things essential for human life. Air, water and nutrients in that order. They are 'needs' every other thing is a 'want'. Clothes, shelter, fire, light etc come a hell of a long way up the list from the likes of cars, money, holidays, beer etc. In fact it's a strange comment on human beings that the spending of our wealth / cost of things tends to be in reverse order of importance. :blink:

The thing is a small car will do the same job as a large fuel guzzler for commuting and take less parking space.

totally agree with you Dik. No need for large 4x4s (unless you`re a farmer)

The government should say anything over a 1.0ltr engine will get it`s tax quadrupled (or something like that)

....plus anything 1.0ltr & under should pay a nominal fee.

A woman i know recently bought a new peugeot 107 & pays just £35 road tax.

totally agree with you Dik. No need for large 4x4s (unless you`re a farmer)

The government should say anything over a 1.0ltr engine will get it`s tax quadrupled (or something like that)

....plus anything 1.0ltr & under should pay a nominal fee.

A woman i know recently bought a new peugeot 107 & pays just £35 road tax.

I dont think £140 pa will deter many Porshe Cayenne customers.

Guest Dik Bleek

The sport car driver may cause a problem speeding on the motorways etc but they are careful of getting them scratched but the 4X4 and people carrier brigade take one and a half parking bays up and tend to have a get out of my way attitude, a very heavy tax and I mean heavy on size and weight is the best solution.

Wrong. There are only three things essential for human life. Air, water and nutrients in that order. They are 'needs' every other thing is a 'want'. Clothes, shelter, fire, light etc come a hell of a long way up the list from the likes of cars, money, holidays, beer etc. In fact it's a strange comment on human beings that the spending of our wealth / cost of things tends to be in reverse order of importance. :blink:

I think I said 'If you WANT a life' What you are talking about is 'existance'.

Rather than start a new thread thought this would be best place to say this.

Why when you drive onto a garage forecourt the car in front will wait until a pump is free that they can pull upto that is on the same side as their filler cap, don't people realise that the modern pumps will reach to the other side of the car, really infuriates me especially if it's a small forecourt and you can't get past them.

Foreign drivers dodging road tax

To highlight one area in the article:

"Many foreign drivers, increasingly from Eastern Europe, do not bother to register their cars as they must by law after six months. And if they commit motoring crimes they cannot be traced and will rarely be pursued by police or the authorities. Persistent evaders avoid paying tax, parking tickets, speeding fines and congestion charges."

Why when you drive onto a garage forecourt the car in front will wait until a pump is free that they can pull upto that is on the same side as their filler cap, don't people realise that the modern pumps will reach to the other side of the car, really infuriates me especially if it's a small forecourt and you can't get past them.

I'd just like to add to that. Many petrol stations have a little shop attached. So they put in the petrol and then go and do some shopping while leaving the car next to the petrol pumps so that no one else can get to them. Ten minutes later they stroll out with their bag of doughnuts, extra large bag of Dorritos, and a copy of The Sun.

Aaaaagh!

Archived