• Savage
    • Dunn
    • Pedersen
    • Bentley
    • Sant Cruz
    • Mokoena
    • McCarthy
    • Derbyshire

I would like to see us change back to 4-4-2 for this one. Im going for a 3-1 win. Not sure if Nelsen is back yet, would be a massive boost if he is.

My team would be (without nelsen):

Friedel ©

Emerton Samba Ooijer Warnock

Bentley Savage Dunn MGP

Santa Cruz Benni

Subs - Brown, Zurab, Mokoena, Tugay, Derbs.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would like to see us change back to 4-4-2 for this one. Im going for a 3-1 win. Not sure if Nelsen is back yet, would be a massive boost if he is.

My team would be (without nelsen):

Friedel ©

Emerton Samba Ooijer Warnock

Bentley Savage Dunn MGP

Santa Cruz Benni

Subs - Brown, Zurab, Mokoena, Tugay, Derbs.

Same, except benni on the bench and Derbs in.

I really hope we take 3 points off the big club, want to see 4-4-2 and I would personally start Benni - I hope he has sorted himself out in training this week. Midfield of MGP - Dunn - Sav - Bentley and the usual back 5.

2-0 to Rovers.

As they all are, really important game tomorrow. A win and could fire us right up the table. We are playing one of the teams in the lower half of the table, these type of games proved to be difficult for us last season.

Hughes and Bowen will be especially up for this match, as relations with Steve Bruce are not the best.

I think our individual talent will shine through but we will have to be up for it, and I think we will be.

Like most folk on here, I despise Birmingham. As a club, they have shown us a lack of respect in the past over transfer dealings and generally being pr*cks.

Come on boys, a win before international break and we will sitting nicely in the league.

As I mentioned earlier, we have individual talent in Bentley which can win us matches, lets hope we see it tomorrow.

To be fair we have been very up and down over the last two weeks. And although we went out we did win last night giving us three in a row.

That's true, but in the end the thing that sticks to a player's mind is being knocked out of the competition, with the 2-1 win being perceived as a defeat eventually. And for that reason it might be hard to get over the result, as I imagine most of them were expecting a longer run in Europe.

I think we need to freshen the team up a bit for this one. It was noticeable on Thursday that a number of our players looked heavy-legged near the end and seemed to be nursing injuries. It's been reported that both Tugay and Dunn have knocks, and I also though Warnock was struggling in the last 20 minutes.

So, I'd start with the 3 players that came off the bench on Thursday, go back to 4-4-2, and hope that we've got enough left in the tank to get the win. It's an important game this one. We've got a tough looking November so it's vital that we pick up as many points as we can from the next few games against the lesser lights of the league.

Just hoping the players don't think they just have to turn up to win after they beat 'Birmingham' last week................... :ph34r:

My worry too mum and oh so Rovers like. Not usually a predictor but has nil nil written all over it.

If somebody thought Blackburn was closer to Crewe than Birmingham then I certainly wouldn't want to be holding onto that player...

If a player has it in his mind that he wants to leave then it's difficult to stop him. What's the point of moaning over a player who'd be unhappy at your club if you kept him? The alternative would be crap performances and no-one's a winner.

Whether there's any point or not they never give it a rest. I'm tempted to get an away shirt with #8 Savage on. There's a genuine rick of getting my head kicked in down here though.

Hmm. 5 in midfield still. MGP returns. Dunn moves to right wing. McCarthy and Derbs on bench. Controversial !!!

ROVERS: Friedel, Emerton, Ooijer, Samba, Warnock, Bentley, Tugay, Savage, Dunn, Pedersen, Santa Cruz.

Subs: Brown (GK), McCarthy, Khizanishvili, Mokoena, Derbyshire.

if sparky is indeed playing a 4-5-1 formation at home, then this is very dissappointing, for the fans. a home game and we need to be showing more of an attacking formation and putting more pressure on their back 4 with 2 strikers instead of one. any high balls forward will be meat and drink to their centre halves.

come on rovers!!

Again, a 4-2-3-1 formation isn't any more defensive than a 4-4-2. The two defensive/holding midfielders give the front 4 full freedom to roam, and more importantly also allows the full backs to go forward. Barcelona play 4-2-3-1, Brazil play similarly too I believe, and I don't think anyone would call them defensive and boring?

Archived