• Savage
    • Dunn
    • Pedersen
    • Bentley
    • Sant Cruz
    • Mokoena
    • McCarthy
    • Derbyshire

OK...maybe he was hurt but we were better once he went off...

No, we weren't any better. probably worse. We conceded and started looking ropey at the back when he went off although we did make another change around the same time.

Derbyshire is not a right winger. :angry:

Also our away support gets hammered. 750 fans from Englands second city was poor considering the game wasn't on TV.

However lets not be complaining all the time. We did win you know. :tu:

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, I haven't watched any of the game yet so have nothing to go off but can I just say:-

PLEASE CAN ALL THE MOANING MINNIES STICK AN APPLE IN IT AND ENJOY THE WIN

I have seen Man U, Chelski, Arsenal and Liverpool have awful games but still come away with the points - as long as that happens - who cares. Yes its always nice to destroy the other team and win comfortably but a wins a win at the end of the day.

On wards and Up wards - Top four for us this year :P

:rover:

couple of things today, couldny understand the bentley booking. he hadnt even got the ball in his hands before bring booked. bhm got away with a lot more than we do, but thats jut us seemingly being tagetted. the other is that bruce thinks they deserved something out of the game!!!! excuse me but i didnt see that from the bburn end. they were awful and anything else than a rovers win would have been a travesty

First of all, I haven't watched any of the game yet so have nothing to go off but can I just say:-

PLEASE CAN ALL THE MOANING MINNIES STICK AN APPLE IN IT AND ENJOY THE WIN

I have seen Man U, Chelski, Arsenal and Liverpool have awful games but still come away with the points - as long as that happens - who cares. Yes its always nice to destroy the other team and win comfortably but a wins a win at the end of the day.

On wards and Up wards - Top four for us this year :P

:rover:

Correct statement brother...I'm off for a few beers. :rover:

Guest fernhurstblue
Did enough to win today but defence was shaky, especially after HT and the midfield is a mess. Seemed to start 4-3-2-1 and finished 4-4-2. Ref was frustrating.

MOTM was Bentley for me with a special mention for Warnock and RSC.

Friedel. No chance with the goal, saved us at the end.

Emerton. Very poor. Exposed by fiest McSheffery then Kapo. Kept going waklabout.

Warnock. Solid, kept trying to get forward and never stopped running.

Samba. Probably the shakiest he has looked this season, but where would we be without him at the moment.

Ooijer. Dodgy but didn't make any catastrophic errors.

Pedersen. Much better today. Hopefully his form is returning.

Tugay. Poor. Gave the ball away too much. Maybe played too many games recently.

Savage. Ineffective.

Dunn. Ineffective.

Bentley. Should have had more than the one. Corners need to be better but another quality effort.

Roque. Excellent target-man. Unlucky not to score himself.

Benni. Much better attitude today. Looked likely.

Derbyshire. Good sub. Not so good from the start.

Mokoena. Did his stuff.

As for Brum, can't see them going down, look to have some useful attacking options. Very poor travelling support.

it really does show that football is all about opinions ..... i thought that pedersen was terrible today, derbyshire must have done summat to p!ss hughes off, thats 3 games on the right side of the pitch and he has contributed sod all, thats not derbyshire fault, its the manager.

still, a good 3 points and hopefully consolidate top 6 with a win over reading.

Bentley was superb today (and not just because I had a bet on him at 8/1 to be first goalscorer) despite having to play in three different postions. Also when Benni came on he looked a different class and could have eaisly had an hat-trick, seems he had a point to prove after being left on the bench, perhaps?

We did at times look incredible sloppy giving the ball away far to often. Overall not the best performance but a good enough one to take all three points.

Savage clashed shins with a Birmingham player, the impact point was in the same position as last seasons break. Energy wise He could have stayed on but was in a lot of paine when trying to run it off.

Bentley yellow card, from the puzzled look on his face he didnt know why he was (oops) booked and tried to get a reason from the ref at the end.

Referee, some strange bookings. Warnock booked, yet Birmingham player commits same a few minutes later and there was no reaction, similar when Santa was brought down in the box, no action on Brum player.

Benni, on his second half performance it would appear that the extra training is working........some beautiful footwork, especiaslly the cut in from the left to set up Santa.

Tugay, was playing after having had pain killing injections before the game.

Derbyshire when playing out on the wing, he needs to cross the ball to players in better positions, instead of shooting from long range acute angles.

it off.

Bentley yellow card, from the puzzled look on his face he didnt know why he was sent off

Sent off ????????? I thought it was a yellow, for not taking a free kick quickly enough.. Which would have been fine had he actually had the ball within 10 yards of him

Dominated that game, 2 off the line, and plenty of other chances. 5 Live seemed to think we were lucky for some reason.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Oct 7 2007, 19:53 ) 552270[/snapback]
Sent off ????????? I thought it was a yellow, for not taking a free kick quickly enough.. Which would have been fine had he actually had the ball within 10 yards of him

Dominated that game, 2 off the line, and plenty of other chances. 5 Live seemed to think we were lucky for some reason.

Presumably we were lucky because a poster has said their disallowed goal should have stood. We certainly made more quality chances than on Thursday but we didn't take enough of them.

Bentley let the ball roll between his legs after it had been rolled to him to take the free-kick, a really harsh yellow card if you ask me. They constantly commited fouls throughout the game, and it took until the 85th minutre for one of their players to get booked. Yet we recieved three yellow cards today after commiting only a few fouls.

Steve Bruce on the Ewood crowd:" They put the officials under enormous pressure here. Thats's all they do - shout, bawl, scream and swear at them and all the rest of it."

ITV text page 406.

He really doesn't like us does he. :lol:

the skill shown by benni was quite magnificent when he turned the big club defender inside out.

Superb that! He sent me the wrong way with that final touch too and I was 7 rows back in the JW upper! Dunno if it was highlighted on TV but if he had played for MU or Arsenal it would be replayed for months. Made the original 'Cruyff turn' look decidedly ordinary.

This is a rum do. Just perusing the papers and it appears that Steve Bruce is concerned over his contract as Sullivan has informed him that the prospective new owners will not honour his recently 'agreed' new one. But why is Bruce bothered? His contracts have never mattered a jot to him in the past have they? :lol:

Archived