BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pompey Away

philipl

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, we had quite a decent following considering it was a wednesday night carling cup game at £25 a ticket. Fair play to all those who went, especially those who travelled from Lancashire. The person who was continuously waving the bell in our end had me in stitches throughout the game and I got a feeling that it ###### off a section of the Pompey fans.
Good effort on the bell (whoever that was).

I honestly believe the Pompey bell ringer has a real effect on games - he is that annoying. I think that clown ringing his bell non-stop combined with a Sunday kick off (people being rough from the night before etc) meant the crowd was subdued for our home game with them - which didn't help the result.

Good effort on the bell (whoever that was).

I honestly believe the Pompey bell ringer has a real effect on games - he is that annoying. I think that clown ringing his bell non-stop combined with a Sunday kick off (people being rough from the night before etc) meant the crowd was subdued for our home game with them - which didn't help the result.

What happened with the bell? Whatever it was I do hope it p1ssed off the kn0b that drives me and thousands of others to distraction with his selfish, obnoxious bell ringing. Calling himself "Portsmouth" ffs! He needs to -

a) Get a life

b Stop looking like Papa Lazarou and

c) give it a rest.

That'll be the drunken conga!!!

Too right. The last 15 minutes (after MGP scored) were ther best. We all just sang and watched the conga. "It's just like watching Brazil!"

It was funny when we started the "Scooby give us a wave" and Scooby (don't know his name) had his Scooby hood down and panicked before waving! :rover:

Think you'll find scooby was johnnolad who posted earlier on this page.

I was captain america. It was one of the best away games i've been to. Ended up being quite a heavy night

I got ID'd going into walkabout... made my bloody day!!! (I'm 29 lol)

They are like that in Pompey at the moment. They don't like gangs of lads together, so they ID you anyway :angry2:

I agree at about the atmosphere. Especially as we had a small support. It just seemed to be a good day.

I was trying to work out the brfcs usernames to the costumes! I think I recognised you (Ricky) and Tim Southampton Rover :rover:

Jordan was the scary Jester thing

Mark was indeed the legendary Banana (with a witches mask as well)

Vicki was the vampiress

London-rover was the pink panther

Gambit was Jack Skellington

Not sure who else is actually one here.

what a pity Sky didnt show the fans behind the goal wearing their fantastic costumes. It was a most unusual camera angle for the highlights(all 80 seconds). The guy was probably lying on the touchline with his mobile phone camera on. But what did come across was how well McCarthy played with his brilliant flicks and passing. His touch and control for the first goal was amazing and it was a sublime touch on to Samba who blasted towards goal only for James to make a great save. Then he and Santa mugged poor Mendes in the box, the ball was passed to Pedersen who blasted in on the turn.Good interview by Hughesy suggesting that we are changing peoples perceptions by our performances and demanding that we get respect. As the studio guy said rovers are quietly going about their business.

Archived