SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pompey Away

philipl

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phoned up for 2 tickets today.

I think I saw on TV that the away fans have moved to the other side of the stand and now there is a roof on it. No more sitting in the pouring rain! :rover:

It's been freezing down here the last few nights but you northerners will probably find it warm compared to what you're used to! :D

Will be interesting to see the teams both sides put out for this! Afterall we have a big game on saturday night!

Id like to see Olson given another run out, swap Ooijer for Nelsen, bring back Pedersen and maybe give Reid 30 minutes.

I hope we win this one! I think we can! 1-0

Fortunately, Pompey have Newcastle at home (who will leapfrog the bell ringers if they win) so 'Arry will be as pre-occupied with thoughts of Saturday as Hughes and co. will be.

I fancy both sides will be using their squad depth- on that basis, Pompey's strength in depth probably reflects their deeper pockets and is greater.

MGP starting on the left wing is a certainty- but what do I know?

Past form shows that when playibng premiership opposition in the cup comps Hughes plays a full strength side.

I expect him to do the same on Wednesday with the only exception being Cruz getting a rest due to his logstanding injury problems. Even then I think he will be on the bench.

Cheers Hughesy, not quite sure why I put Sunday.

I'm heading up for the game so you would have expected me to know when it was lol.... i'll ut it down to being busy at work ;)

The costume has arrived and is pretty darn impressive. A tribute to big brad (Captain America), just hope its not cold as its not exactly the warmest of garments.

We weren't at our best in that game though Simon.

I watched it in a pub in Kos, seem to recall we started very well and just faded.

Think we'll be a different proposition this time around. I'm looking forward to my trip to portsmouth, should be a good night.

We weren't at our best in that game though Simon.

I watched it in a pub in Kos, seem to recall we started very well and just faded.

Think we'll be a different proposition this time around. I'm looking forward to my trip to portsmouth, should be a good night.

It's true we were suffering from our traditional European hangover and this time around both clubs have played tough games a few days earlier.

I'd play:

Bradley

Zurab / Nelsen / Ooijer / Olsen

Bents / Axe / Dunn / MGP

Benni / Derbs

I think that Tugay should def be rested, he is going to have the 2 games of his life against Liverpool and Man U in the next few weeks.

Emo/Warnock/Samba could be rested too as we don't want any of them to get injured

I couldn't think of a replacement for Dunny as he might need a bit of a rest before saturday

Similarly, it would be good to rest Benni, maybe this is why we shouldn't have let Gally go? Gally/Derbs did a good job last season away at Everton in the cup.

Archived