BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pompey Away

philipl

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rigters might get some time on the pitch.

Think we'll play a pretty strong team with just a couple of changes. Warnock was doubtful for the Spurs game with an injury so guess they might choose to rest him, We all know about Santa Cruz's injury history so again it might be worth resting him as well. Going to be an interesting team selection.

actually, I'll go against the grain and say we should play some of the reserves, and give our major players a rest. This will be a very, very tough game, one that I don't see us winning either way, and I worry how much we'll have left for Pool on Saturday.

actually, I'll go against the grain and say we should play some of the reserves, and give our major players a rest. This will be a very, very tough game, one that I don't see us winning either way, and I worry how much we'll have left for Pool on Saturday.

Funny you should say that,i was thinking the same myself.

Don`t know why though as we are in good form. :rover:

I hope we don't because I get to go to many matches and I'd like to see the big players. :)

Bentley carrying a knock from Spurs and wasn't training yesterday. Almost certain to miss this one.

I am totally relaxed about this game. I know Sparky will not be approaching it in the cannot give a whatsit attitude Souey would have done in these circumstances but the next two games after this are massive for the future of the club-

At £700,000 a place I think it is now, two places in the Prem are worth about the same as a Wembley Carling appearance. Picking up "unexpected" points against Liverpool and Man U in the next two games could well be worth a multiple of £700K at season end.

Getting into the top 4 now with some headline grabbing league results will make Rovers a whole lot prettier to any interested "investors", particularly with the January Sales rip-offs getting ever closer.

OK this is the serious end of the Carling Cup but the draw is terrible, not just Pompey away but look at the other fixtures tonight. Barring miracles, we are still 4 games against top Premiership sides away from lifting the Trophy even after/if we win at Pompey- hardly a walkover.

I expect we will give the Pompey full strength side a stern examination but will do so using some players with points to prove if they are to move up the picking order.

Pompey 3 Rovers 1

Whilst I think there'll be a few changes I expect the core of the side to remain the same...

Freidel

Emerton, Oojier, Samba, Olssen

Derbyshire, Mokoena, Bentley, MGP

McCarthy, Rigters

Subs: Brown, Zurab, Warnock, Dunn, Santa Cruz

Hopefully 1-0 to Rovers and no extra time.

About time we had a penalty shoot out please. 0-0 after 120 mins of cagey, cat and mouse football with little or no atmosphere due to the impressively bad pricing scenario from the Burghers of Pompey. The crowd noise becomes a battle between the Sailors Bell Boy and our own Bellow Boy, Jordan. Jordan to win the shout out by a dB and a half.

Winning penalty to be stroked home by our Cat after a dreadful pea-roller from the Fratton Mouse.

West Ham away in 1/4 finals is the reward. Ties to be played on or after Yom Kippur.

Whilst I think there'll be a few changes I expect the core of the side to remain the same...

Freidel

Emerton, Oojier, Samba, Olssen

Derbyshire, Mokoena, Bentley, MGP

McCarthy, Rigters

Subs: Brown, Zurab, Warnock, Dunn, Santa Cruz

Hopefully 1-0 to Rovers and no extra time.

i'd take that.

i hope most of our first 11 remain purely because pompey do look dangerous. samba needs to keep an eye on benjani.

i think the key area will be central midfield. pompey play a 451 sort of formation with utaka pushing on the right. means that pedersen make find some space on the break, but the axe (if he starts) will need to have a good game.

Bentley is a doubt with a shin injury so maybe he wont play also!

Id like to see more or less full strength but would also play Olsson, Nelsen in place of Warnock & Ooijer. Maybe also play Dunn on the right, with Axe & Tugs in the middle, Pedersen on the right, RnB up front.

Today is going to be a good day because:

I'm leaving work at 3.20, get my bus to Southampton Central, getting the 4.03 train to Portsmouth & Southsea, enjoy a nice Lasagne Pizza at Pizza Hut and then off to Fratton to see us win 10-0.

Today is going to be a bad day because:

I'm leaving work at 3.20, miss my bus. Arrive at Southampton Central but find my train delayed, get off in Portsmouth & Southsea and find Pizza Hut fully booked and then off to Fratton to see us lose 10-0.

I'm leaving work at 3.20, miss my bus. Arrive at Southampton Central but find my train delayed, get off in Portsmouth & Southsea and find Pizza Hut fully booked and then off to Fratton to see us lose 10-0.

Will you not miss the game if this happens!? :unsure:

Archived