BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Larissa - Tv?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right guys can we be a bit careful on the foreign TV streaming conversation.

I know admin have certain views on it and I know people have had posting rights removed for discussing the subject so can we just move away from it please.

I'm sure the club would rather us encourage as may fans as possible to get down to Ewood rather than telling them to watch it online through some greek TV company.

Cheers

Ricky

I'm like you. I live 250 miles away and hoped I'd be able to watch it but maybe it'll come up late or at worst does anyone know if it's on any radio station? Maybe radio lancs? :(

Listen live on Rovers World on the official website. If you're not already a member it's £3.99 a month. Even I can afford that and I'm a student.

I'm making the trip up from uni in Lincoln! DEDICATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if embarrased is the right word, but our last performance is hardly going to persuade them to show us any more. We've been on Setanta twice now...against Vetra which was a very boring game, and Larissa where we played absolutely terribly.

Totally right. Why on Earth would they (or anyone else) be interested on spending money on buying out TV rights after the shower we put on last time.

Right guys can we be a bit careful on the foreign TV streaming conversation.

I know admin have certain views on it and I know people have had posting rights removed for discussing the subject so can we just move away from it please.

I'm sure the club would rather us encourage as may fans as possible to get down to Ewood rather than telling them to watch it online through some greek TV company.

Cheers

Ricky

Its tv-channels not streaming via internet and arent we non-english that hasnt got a chance to get to the game allowed to discuss how to watch in a LEGAL way??

Im totally for the idea of bringin more people to Ewood, but if you rather stay home and watch the game at a strange greek channel then to pay £5/10 to watch it live at Ewood then somethings wrong. Those people would not get down to Ewood if you gave them the tickets for free.

Its tv-channels not streaming via internet and arent we non-english that hasnt got a chance to get to the game allowed to discuss how to watch in a LEGAL way??

Im totally for the idea of bringin more people to Ewood, but if you rather stay home and watch the game at a strange greek channel then to pay £5/10 to watch it live at Ewood then somethings wrong. Those people would not get down to Ewood if you gave them the tickets for free.

Rovers have 1000s of fans that, can't get to or can't are arsed to go to Ewood.

MANURE have 100000s.

Face it, Them that goes go, and that accounts for a max of 22000 to 25000. Thats are target audiance.

Be great to get 20000 on Thursday night.

The debate had gone on to streaming, a couple of posts were deleted which obviously now makes mine look a little out of place.

I wonder if the powers that be at Rovers have purposely avoided selling any rights to English telly, to try and get people through the turnstiles.

Even if the above suspicion is not correct, the club are certainly trying to maximise support with this rallying call on the official site.

Fans are advised that the game is not live on television in the UK therefore Ewood Park is the only place to see the game, so come on down and show your support and cheer Rovers through.

plenty of pubs in Blackburn showing the game...worst luck.

Let's see them named and shamed then - for the reasons stated through this and other recent threads.

With ticket prices at £5 / £10 there really isn't any excuse for local fans who choose the pub over Ewood - most people will easily spend that in a pub in 2 hours even if they only sip their drinks!!

And there isn't an excuse for local landlords either - having a successful top level football club in the area is ultimately to their benefit. Pubs in Blackburn which show this crucial game on dodgy foreign TV are really taking the p!ss.

Even if the above suspicion is not correct, the club are certainly trying to maximise support with this rallying call on the official site.

Fans are advised that the game is not live on television in the UK therefore Ewood Park is the only place to see the game, so come on down and show your support and cheer Rovers through.

Let's see them named and shamed then - for the reasons stated through this and other recent threads.

With ticket prices at £5 / £10 there really isn't any excuse for local fans who choose the pub over Ewood - most people will easily spend that in a pub in 2 hours even if they only sip their drinks!!

And there isn't an excuse for local landlords either - having a successful top level football club in the area is ultimately to their benefit. Pubs in Blackburn which show this crucial game on dodgy foreign TV are really taking the p!ss.

Couldn't agree more, I know of one pub that got their equipment confiscated for doing it and so should the rest of them, after all it's illegal. The council should issue stickers to be put next to the smoking notices "It is against the law to show/watch satellite broadcasts of football matches in these premises! (or words to that effect)

Surely there's no law against watching the game though, Ben..

Actually, in Blackburn (outside the ground) there is- it's called copyright law. The pubs don't have permission to show the game in Britain.

have any of the people who go on about showing games in the pub never watched a pirate dvd or downloaded music or watched streamed games?

if i find a pub showing the game later on i will defo nip in and have a shandy at brew time.....whip me and stone me for doing this

Interesting...name and shame those pubs and clubs within a 5 mile radius,say, of Ewood Park? Perhaps those supporters who feel that these pubs who are deemed to be in the wrong for screening live home matches might decide to boycott them? This may make the landlords think twice?

Actually, in Blackburn (outside the ground) there is- it's called copyright law. The pubs don't have permission to show the game in Britain.

I get that, but my point was that sitting in a pub watching the game on TV isn't a crime, even though showing it, as a landlord, is.

Archived