BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Flickr

Here's a link to my My Flickr page, I also have been running a Photoblog for quite a few years, comments are always appreciated on there.

:)

I also have a website "in progress" at the moment that will be for the purpose of a portfolio where people can purchase prints from me.

How wide is the lens you are using on some of the beach shots? it looks almost fisheye.....

Really nice pictures - this country is pretty sepcial eh?

Here's a link to my My Flickr page, I also have been running a Photoblog for quite a few years, comments are always appreciated on there.

I also have a website "in progress" at the moment that will be for the purpose of a portfolio where people can purchase prints from me.

Some stunning pictures in there.

This one's my favourite - Earnsdale Reservoir - superb.

How wide is the lens you are using on some of the beach shots? it looks almost fisheye.....

Depends...

Some of my earlier stuff was taken with a Canon 30D using the Sigma 10-20mm lens, the more recent ones are now taken with a Canon 5D with either the Tokina 17mm f/3.5 prime lens or the Canon 24-105mm f/4 L IS.

I do miss the Sigma 10-20mm as it was "just" slightly wider than the 17mm even on the 1.6x cropped sensor of the 30D, if I ever do start to make some money from this hobby I will probably go for the new Canon 16-35mm L Mark II which complements the 24-105 well.

Really nice pictures - this country is pretty sepcial eh?

Many thanks, yeh it is when you get out there and start to explore it really thoroughly with photography in mind.

Great shots there.

Mine are here

Thanks Lee, looks like you enjoy taking yer pictures there!

Some stunning pictures in there.

This one's my favourite - Earnsdale Reservoir - superb.

Thanks again, that shot took weeks of keep revisiting that area for the right conditions, the morning before (5am) it was a dreadful Saturday morning, but the next day that's what I saw... Perserverance really pays off I guess.

I entered the Take a view Landscape Photographer of the year competition a month or so back and have managed to have two of my photo's shortlisted out of 1000's (apparently) so hopefully this hobby might begin to get a bit more serious and drag me out of the Rat Race, I would love to go professional and do this for a living and maybe if I make the finalists it might push me just a bit nearer to that goal.

Good luck sysagent with the comp! Some of the photo's on display from a few of the members are something to behold, I have never taken an interest in photography before but these pictures really show how beautiful an area we live in and many people would do well to remember that rather than constantly putting it down all the time. Great work sysagent, dillo et al keep up the good work :tu:

Rovers Pics Couple of good shots of Ewood on this website aswel as other grounds

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update...

Still awaiting the results from the Take A View Landscape photographer of the year competition, I beleive I find out at the end of October.

I also have made the shortlist for the finals of the Moods of Mann competion which is a £1000 in prizes (photography related), this was a competiton run on the Isle of Man for images of the island to be incorporated into a book.

So crossing my fingers I hope to make the final in one or other of the competitions, it's all good experience one way or another anyways.

I've just got myself on flickr. Having a few teething problems, but I'll get there in the end.

And thanks Sysagent for rendering all my efforts completely useless. Your photo are brilliant.

I hate you.

I hate you.

So does my Wife!

/joke

Just keep getting out there at dawn & dusk taking shots and eventually it will all come together, never try taking shots in the bright midday Sun as the light is too harsh for good shots.

Also if taking pictures of flowers, waterfalls, foliage etc try to do it on bright overcast days as this evens out the light and helps to saturate the colours and slow your shutter speeds down for nice flowing water.

Lastly invest in good lenses, don't scrimp on the glass and a good solid, sturdy tripod is a must, don't get a cheap one as they will just wobble in the wind etc and offer zero support or stability.

p.s. Read lots of photography books by people like Joe Cornish, Peter Watson, David Noton and Charlie Waite

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately didn’t make the finals (neither did Dave my mate), here is the winning £10,000 shot here:-

Winner_AY_0023457_A-4786.jpg

More shots from the competition are here:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/gallery/2...cture=339034138

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/template/...Name=VisualArts

Bit disappointed overall but the entries were very high, I think the overall winning entry isn’t too brilliant (as will a shed load of other snappers no doubt) and defo not a shot I would class worthy of the title Landscape Photograph of the Year, but I am still awaiting the results for the Images of Mann competition, so fingers crossed...

Unfortunately didn’t make the finals (neither did Dave my mate), here is the winning £10,000 shot here:-

Winner_AY_0023457_A-4786.jpg

More shots from the competition are here:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/gallery/2...cture=339034138

Bit disappointed overall but the entries were very high, I think the overall winning entry isn’t too brilliant (as will a shed load of other snappers no doubt) and defo not a shot I would class worthy of the title Landscape Photograph of the Year, but I am still awaiting the results for the Images of Mann competition, so fingers crossed...

Some beautiful and dramatic photographs on there. I would have been chuffed to bits with any of them but I do think that the winner was absolutely fantastic. I would love a framed copy of that on my wall if it could be enlarged sufficiently without too much loss of definition.

Some beautiful and dramatic photographs on there. I would have been chuffed to bits with any of them but I do think that the winner was absolutely fantastic. I would love a framed copy of that on my wall if it could be enlarged sufficiently without too much loss of definition.

Ditto, I can think of just the place for it too. I wonder who to contact to find out.

• 5 months later...

Archived