BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] General Election Looming

It`s looking like a general election may be called soon by BIG GORD.

Is there any chance a moderator could add a poll to this thread to see which party is most popular for BRFCs users?

Labour

Conservative

Lib Dem

Green

Ukip

BNP

other

Undecided

etc.......

At the moment i`m undecided, so my vote is up for grabs. Unfortunately none of the parties are impressing me at the moment.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fernhurstblue

if an election is called over the next week or so, this thread could make for some very interesting reading ..... and who would i vote for? like i would ever tell anyone on here, you never know who is reading. :ph34r:

I was interviewed last week by a polling agency - so I was one of the 1,047 or whatever they use for the sample at the weekend.

It was quite an interesting exercise as they ask far more than "who will you vote for". I was surprised that I found myself answering X more often than Y (where Y is the party I intend to vote for) on matters of who do you think is the better party (and occassionally Z) and A being the better leader on certain subjects than B or C (where B is the leader of the party I'll vote for).

Bit worrying really.

Mind you, Monster Raving Loony was never an option to state a preference for.

Gordon Brown is expected to say he has decided not to call a general election this autumn.

He`s just confirmed it. No election this year.

Bottled it.

He`s just confirmed it. No election this year.

Bottled it.

Commentators are speculating that it’s the Tory majority in the marginal seats that have swung it. Still a very bad week for Brown. He promised us an end to spin, yet his own spinning has backfired on him

Oh Same old Brown- dithers when a decision has to be made, bottler

Vote Conservative and get these labour muppets out once and for all.

We all know of the broken Labour promises and we all know that in reality The Tories may take some time to improve things. For me the Tories offer the better options.

The sooner we rid this country of Labour then the better we will all be.

Good. New Prospective Parliamentary Candidate* installed. Tactics decided and time to put them in place and target necessary areas. All systems go. This is going to be most interesting ;)

P.S. *It's not me. Yet..................... ^_^

Good. New Prospective Parliamentary Candidate* installed. Tactics decided and time to put them in place and target necessary areas. All systems go. This is going to be most interesting ;)

P.S. *It's not me. Yet..................... ^_^

You are Lorraine Fullbrook and I claim my £5

Vote Conservative and get these labour muppets out once and for all.

muppets they certainly are, but the conservative muppets put 3million people on the dole last time they got in power. The only difference is the colour of their ties.

You are Lorraine Fullbrook and I claim my £5

;)

The question is, has the quality of life deteriorated since the start of the Labour Party's last term. For many it has. Sadly these are the ones who are so disillusioned they won't vote anyway.

The question is, has the quality of life deteriorated since the start of the Labour Party's last term. For many it has.

For far more it has improved, minimum wage, tax credits, a better NHS, 28 days paid leave by 2009 for EVERY employee etc etc

At the end of the day it boils down to "who am I better off with?"

Until the Conservatives announce some real policies and pledges then they are just a mouthpiece. Sadly, most politicians are the same.

Note - If you have contact with Ms Fullbrook would you mind explaining to her that leafletting my house repeatedly is pointless - Im not in her constituency next time. And thank her for wasting money on RAWS

The sooner we rid this country of Labour then the better we will all be.

To get rid surely you have to find a Labour party don't you Waz ? No wonder Brown invited Saint Margaret to Number 10, he wanted to show her the new 'red tie wearing' conservatives, and to thank her for getting the ball rolling in '79.

muppets they certainly are, but the conservative muppets put 3million people on the dole last time they got in power.

The main way in which Labour reduced this is by creating worthless non jobs in the public sector ( ie , not doctors and nurses etc , who seem to have as little job security as the rest of us) .

Labour create jobs only by raising taxes to pay for them . They are not wealth creating jobs in the private sector but useless jobs which we could well do without .

Take a look at the jobs section in the Guardian on Thursdays if you believe the Labour myth .

Personally I'd like to see decent wages that took away the need for tax credits etc. I don't agree with employers being able to just pay minimum wages and the government topping it up. Then there's the CSA - very worthy idea but just not working as it should. It's all a huge mess at the moment and will take years to unravel. 28 days paid leave - goes without saying everyone should get that but why isn't it already in place? I got 28 days paid leave 30 years ago, I can't believe it isn't standard practice yet, never mind waiting until 2009.

Actually, Stu, I'm referring mainly to the 'quality' of life. Folks afraid to go outside their own front doors, disabled, disadvantaged and elderly being targeted by yobs, police telling you the crime figures are down when most people have come to the conclusion it isn't worth reporting it because the police aren't interested. Shootings, stabbings, drunken youngsters, drugs. People afraid to go out at night. Lack of respect towards each other. Political Correctness over the top, compensation culture, fuss about so-called racism rather than encouragement of integration. Forgetting that this is England, a Christian country. TAX, Tax, TAX tax. Don't get me started about Carers, the EU and devolution.

Don't expect the Conservatives to announce their policies too soon, so Labour can pinch them again. Still, they seem to manage quite well by trotting out the same old pledges they came up with 10 years ago, about which not much has happened yet. It's getting quite fun when Gord announces something, to count up how many times in the last ten years he has already announced it without actually doing anything about it. Clever stuff, eh?

. Then there's the CSA - very worthy idea but just not working as it should. It's all a huge mess at the moment and will take years to unravel.

EVIL SCUMMY BLOODTAKING SONSOFBITCHES WHO HAVE RUINED ME AND SCREWED ME OUT OF ANY SPARE MONEY IVE GOT....SCUMBAGS UNLISTENING UNCARING GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

IM ALL FOR PAYING FOR MY KIDS AND HAD AGREED A FAIR AMOUNT WITH MY EX FOR THEM UNTIL THE RELATE MEDIATER STUCK HIS NOSE IN AND SAID SHE SHOULD GO FOR MORE AND MY PENSION GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Thats the biggest problem with the CSA right there, Carole's daughter doesnt get maintenance often enough - whereas Abbey (a reasonable bloke in the flesh) gets taken the ###### out of.

Will be interesting to note how this latest incarceration of the failure that is the CSA operates. Currently it takes more from those who are willing and refuses to chase those who arent.

Don't expect the Conservatives to announce their policies too soon

Yet people are expected to consider them as a viable option - they buggered us up last time - you wanty decent wages - Remind me what the tories said about a minimum wage of £3.60 when it was introduced? I believe the phrase was "it would ruin the country"......

Yet people are expected to consider them as a viable option - they buggered us up last time - you wanty decent wages - Remind me what the tories said about a minimum wage of £3.60 when it was introduced? I believe the phrase was "it would ruin the country"......

It bloody well has ..... Poland is falling apart!

The question is, has the quality of life deteriorated since the start of the Labour Party's last term. For many it has. Sadly these are the ones who are so disillusioned they won't vote anyway.

Somethin similar to back that up here.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videopla...0-1287275,.html

btw that Adam Boulton gave Home Sec Jackie Smith a right going over today. I said it the first time that I saw her after she had been appointed that she was clueless and very weak both intellectually and politically, and to date it appears my first impressions were right. Promotion to incompetance as a reward for loyalty is not the way forward.

Archived