BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] General Election Looming

That's a negative comment , Paul - remember the good things she did before good ol' Tony took charge :rolleyes:

Maggie was Rovers Vice President,I'm not sure if she still has any connections with us,anymore.

I'm with Maggie.As for Tony Blair,Gordon Brown,and labour,then I would be glad to see the back of the lot of them.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<maggie>

We're all going out to celebrate when Maggie pops her clogs. I understand there is a street up Ossy where they have saved up and they going to have a big street party the day she goes.

Sorry... she (and her ilk) were/are just pure evil IMO.

That's not very nice :(.. She might be those things but you can't say your going to have a party when she dies. That's Mean! :unsure:

<maggie>

We're all going out to celebrate when Maggie pops her clogs. I understand there is a street up Ossy where they have saved up and they going to have a big street party the day she goes.

Sorry... she (and her ilk) were/are just pure evil IMO.

imo that's not your own formulated view, but if it is it is based on immaturity and/or ignorance or more likely both.

But... why are they saving up for a street party in terrace street land Ossie?? If she were still in power they could use the difference between the poll tax and the council tax and gone to the Seychelles for a month.

Don't be a pill*ck every day of your life. Of course there has been progress in many areas, maybe not the things you would wish to see but to suggest you get everything in life you want is immature... I have attached a list to see how many of these you disagree with?

Labour Achievements:

11. Over 67,500 more nurses

12. 19,000 more doctors

13. Brought back matrons to hospital wards

17. NHS Direct offering free convenient patient advice at any time

46. Every single NHS waiting list indicator is now more positive than 1997

Graham either your stats are flawed or as is more likely you have made em up to suit! Bit like the Tunbridge Wells and Maidstone NHS Trust eh?

Could you explain

From aol news.........90 deaths 'due to NHS bug blunders'

A total of 345 patients died while being infected with C diffHospital mismanagement of Clostridium difficile was blamed for 90 deaths attributed to the bug, according to a damning report.

"Significant failings" at all levels contributed to more than 1,000 patients being infected with the bug across three hospitals run by one NHS trust, a Healthcare Commission study found.

A total of 345 patients died while being infected with C diff, of which around 21 definitely died from it and 69 probably had it as their main cause of death.

The infection was said to be a definite contributing factor in 124 deaths, probably a factor in 55 and possibly a factor in 62.

The number of deaths was far higher than declared by the Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust to the media and the Commission.

The affected hospitals were the Kent and Sussex Hospital, Pembury Hospital and Maidstone Hospital.

Inadequate staffing levels, dirty wards and too much focus on debts and Government targets all contributed to two serious outbreaks of C diff in the autumn of 2005 and early 2006, the study revealed.

Nurses were found to have told some patients with diarrhoea to "go in their beds".

The watchdog has sent its report to the Health and Safety Executive and Kent Police, who will decide if there are grounds for criminal charges.

The trust's chief executive Rose Gibb left her job on Friday by mutual agreement with the trust's board.

btw It's probable that point '46' contains some accuracy as they appear to have their own (final) solution to those waiting lists eh?

imo that's not your own formulated view, but if it is it is based on immaturity and/or ignorance or more likely both.

But... why are they saving up for a street party in terrace street land Ossie?? If she were still in power they could use the difference between the poll tax and the council tax and gone to the Seychelles for a month.

I know it's a bit a downer to say such things and normally I wouldn't say that about anyone. However my friends and myself all feel a lot of bitterness towards her.

Thenodrog...."why are they saving up for a street party in terrace street land Ossie??"

:huh: I`m still pondering on whether that`s a jibe or not??

I know it's a bit a downer to say such things and normally I wouldn't say that about anyone. However my friends and myself all feel a lot of bitterness towards her.

Evil is a bit strong. She was absolutely uncompramisingly sure of herself and possessed a bit of malevolence towards those she disagreed with (the unions and so on) but it was all motivated by a political policy rather than 'evilness'. And to be fair she helped the economy boom right through the eighties. The move rightwards was a required move at the time, as can be seen by the vast majority of Europe now tracing our steps.

But all the good comes with the bad, and there is a lot of negatives attached to Thatcher. More so I would say than Blair or Major, or just about any PM this century. Her arrogance nearly tore the country in two, and an abject lack of sympathy for those on the fringes was very sad imo. SHe was something like a resuccitation machine I guess- a hard jolt needed to get the country moving and clear away the cobwebs, but not ideally something you want discharging into you for over a decade...

No-one would suggest the 80's under Maggie were a bed of roses. Looking back now I'm mighty glad we went through that period and she took the actions she did. If you'd have told me back then that I, and working class like myself, would have our own homes and the lifestyles and levels of disposable income we do now then we'd have welcomed her economic reforms with open arms.

Despite the best efforts of Mr Brown over the last ten years, Maggie created a country where those of us who were and are prepared to get off our backsides and work hard are handsomely rewarded. God bless her.

tell that to the miners

Abbs- The only problem I have with people moaning about the miners loosing their jobs, is that it usually the same people that spout off about the environment, cleaner fuels and how Britain should set an example. The Irony is that if the mines hadn’t been closed we would have lefties protesting outside them on the grounds that coal mining is damaging the atmosphere. Although i agree the dispute and subsequent loss of jobs was handled rather poorly.

Abbs- The only problem I have with people moaning about the miners loosing their jobs, is that it usually the same people that spout off about the environment, cleaner fuels and how Britain should set an example. The Irony is that if the mines hadn’t been closed we would have lefties protesting outside them on the grounds that coal mining is damaging the atmosphere. Although i agree the dispute and subsequent loss of jobs was handled rather poorly.

The lefties may have protested but luckily enough the righties got there first, sacked the miners and closed their places of work. Nice...

Anyway, why does giving a toss about the environment make one a 'leftie'?

Even by your standards that really is a load of rubbish.

The problem is that the miners elected an extreme left wing politician rather than a union leader. Gormley was a fine leader of their union whilst Scargill used the backing of the union to put his political ideals first.

The miners union attracted activists by the bucketful. They had seen the British Govt off in the 70's and Thatcher knew that the position and authority of the Btritish govt would be compromised unless the natural and correct order of democracy was re-instated. The miners reaped the rewards of backing the wrong man and the rest as they say is history.

The problem is that the miners elected an extreme left wing politician rather than a union leader. Gormley was a fine leader of their union whilst Scargill used the backing of the union to put his political ideals first.

The miners union attracted activists by the bucketful. They had seen the British Govt off in the 70's and Thatcher knew that the position and authority of the Btritish govt would be compromised unless the natural and correct order of democracy was re-instated. The miners reaped the rewards of backing the wrong man and the rest as they say is history.

Not quite true. The industrial action was over the closure of a 'hit list' of 20 pits Sacrgill claimed Thatcher would close. She denied it. She went on to close 30 pits. Britain was producing the cheapest coal per cost per tonne in Europe at the time, but the coal was unsellable because of subsidised imports form Germany and Poland that Thatcher had been buying and stockpiling to take on the Miners during the spring and summer months.

In memoirs and leaked documents Thatcher had set out as early as 1978 to destroy the mine workers regardless.

As young adults we were ready to go over in solididarity but the country had been turned into a police state with roadblocks everwhere with police harrassment oftne leading to phoney made up criminal charges brought against any sympathisers caught travlling into the areas.

No-one would suggest the 80's under Maggie were a bed of roses. Looking back now I'm mighty glad we went through that period and she took the actions she did. If you'd have told me back then that I, and working class like myself, would have our own homes and the lifestyles and levels of disposable income we do now then we'd have welcomed her economic reforms with open arms.

The 80s weren't the Dark Ages - people did own their own houses you know - As kids we were working class - grew up on Lancaster Street (Wensley Fold) in the 60's and we owned our own house - admittedly there was no bathroom and an outside toilet, but it was ours - well my mums :)

Even by your standards that really is a load of rubbish.

Realy so activist groups such as Friends of the Earth and Greenpeace would of been happy if Britain still had a billowing coal trade?

Anyway, why does giving a toss about the environment make one a 'leftie'?

I give a toss about the environment, infact a lot of people who are no left give a toss. The difference is we don’t feel the need to scale buildings, protest, chain ourselves to objects and generally cause chaos to get our point across.

If the Uk still had a Coal industry, the left would do nothing but moan & protest, look at the recent action against Nuclear power. Coal mining and production is far more damaging to the environment than Nuclear

Realy so activist groups such as Friends of the Earth and Greenpeace would of been happy if Britain still had a billowing coal trade?

I give a toss about the environment, infact a lot of people who are no left give a toss. The difference is we don’t feel the need to scale buildings, protest, chain ourselves to objects and generally cause chaos to get our point across.

If the Uk still had a Coal industry, the left would do nothing but moan & protest, look at the recent action against Nuclear power. Coal mining and production is far more damaging to the environment than Nuclear

I think you're severly stretching yourself to label the usual hippy shenanigans as 'chaos', especially since that assertion on conjecture. I would have though the protests regarding nuclear power reflected a fear of/opposition to the inherent danger associated with it; the ability to cause destruction and actual chaos on a large scale.

Anyway, why wasn't the left 'moaning and protesting' when the UK did have a coal industry?

No you're saving the earth by posting really inciteful pearls of wisdom on an internet forum for Blackburn Rovers fans. The Nobel committe should be ashamed of themselves for giving their gong to Al Gore and pals as there are clearly more worthy winners! Greenpeace and Friends Of The Earth are finished now.

Vive le revolution, eh Baz.

Not quite true. The industrial action was over the closure of a 'hit list' of 20 pits Sacrgill claimed Thatcher would close. She denied it. She went on to close 30 pits. Britain was producing the cheapest coal per cost per tonne in Europe at the time, but the coal was unsellable because of subsidised imports form Germany and Poland that Thatcher had been buying and stockpiling to take on the Miners during the spring and summer months.

In memoirs and leaked documents Thatcher had set out as early as 1978 to destroy the mine workers regardless.

As young adults we were ready to go over in solididarity but the country had been turned into a police state with roadblocks everwhere with police harrassment oftne leading to phoney made up criminal charges brought against any sympathisers caught travlling into the areas.

Basically graham you've reinforced what I said that the miners backed the wrong horse when they gave their support to Scargill. They had made themselves a threat to the govt and made it impossible for any elected govt to govern. They should have known that that could only end in tears..... Theirs!

But on the bright side..... the coal is still there for future generations when the oil and gas go tits up.

btw Thatcher did not subsidise coal from overseas.... she utilised it.

Archived