BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] General Election Looming

No you're saving the earth by posting really inciteful pearls of wisdom on an internet forum for Blackburn Rovers fans. The Nobel committe should be ashamed of themselves for giving their gong to Al Gore and pals as there are clearly more worthy winners! Greenpeace and Friends Of The Earth are finished now.

Vive le revolution, eh Baz.

Nearly as inciteful as you pulling posts apart like some internet policeman.

BTW im i not mistaken but you are also posting on a Blackburn Rovers website

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's right Barry, I'm just lying in wait to pull our posts apart as I have absolutely nothing better to do... yawn. You really do flatter yourself. It works like this, you don't say anything particularly stupid and I don't feel the urge to respond. It's a simple equation that an intellectual leviathan shouldn't struggle with.

Well spotted, I am posting on an internet forum about Blackburn Rovers, a goldfish for you! However, unlike you I'm not labouring under the ridiculous delusion that I am helping to save the world by posting specious and ill-thought claptrap passed off as profound intellectual arguments about the miners' strike and Thatcher on a forum ostensibly about Blackburn Rovers but on a particular thread where most of the readers and active respondents know a very great deal more than you do about that very strike. Nor do I presume that by doing anything other than make a few smart arse comments at your expense am I making a more worthwhile contribution to ward off environmental damage than people of heartfelt conviction, sometimes misplaced, who take direct action to protest against what they perceive to be impending ecological doom.

Give it a rest.

1) Your playing internet policeman demanding charges against ROTR on a thread on ask admin.

2) You've got it, its a Rovers website, not a political discussion website. Well done, have a cookie.

Realy so activist groups such as Friends of the Earth and Greenpeace would of been happy if Britain still had a billowing coal trade?

I give a toss about the environment, infact a lot of people who are no left give a toss. The difference is we don’t feel the need to scale buildings, protest, chain ourselves to objects and generally cause chaos to get our point across.

If the Uk still had a Coal industry, the left would do nothing but moan & protest, look at the recent action against Nuclear power. Coal mining and production is far more damaging to the environment than Nuclear

Really? You seriously believe FOE, Greenpeace and similar organisations would campaign to close the pits if they were open? Given much of our coal is shipped from countries with poor records on, for example human rights and the environment, could you explain why these organisations are not currently campaigning aginst the use of coal in the UK. Or would it only be British coal they would object to?

Regarding the recent action against nuclear power, the organisations involved have campaigned in these areas for 35 years to my knowledge. They are at least consistent. If coal was a problem for them, I feel the issue might have been raised once or twice. Or perhaps the loony lefties are leaving that one on the back-burner to occupy themsleves after the nuclear power has been switched off?

Nice to hear you "give a toss about the environment". I'll look forward to the posts, it will make an interesting comparison with other views you express.

How many on here have a science degree or A level or O level or have watched Al Gore's videos and actually understand the slightest thing about what is happening?

I don't have a science degree and hav'nt a clue about how Al Gore thinks, but I am being positive about the environment by promoting and selling solar energy systems :rover:

And this post is probably in the wrong place :lol:

How many on here have a science degree or A level or O level or have watched Al Gore's videos and actually understand the slightest thing about what is happening?

Unless they are complete neanderthals I would imagine EVERYBODY under the age of 40 and over 15 have. :rolleyes:

........... Not that it means owt to anybody over 40 nowadays.

Eh? Over 40s? We've been around long enough to realise that the earth warms and cools as it always has done. I think you will find that most of us are pretty good at recycling. Some of us are rather concerned that stealth taxes are being enforced under the guise of environmental issues but with no information about how the said taxes are being used to address the issues.

We're also concerned about the amount of pollution in countries like China, Russia and India. We'd like to see these addressed rather than making us feel guilty.

We don't spray litter around the streets which are generally pretty disgusting these days. We walk when we can - the exercise is good for us - and if we are over retirement age we generally don't have much of a carbon footprint due to the meagre pensions we are expected to live on.

We realise that equality is pretty much impossible but believe in opportunity for all.

(Theno, don't expect many of those between 15 and 40 actually understand what science is, tho' they may well have certificates :D )

Maybe we should start a Green Thread. In fact, off to do just that.

Really? You seriously believe FOE, Greenpeace and similar organisations would campaign to close the pits if they were open?

Well I'm absolutely certain they would ! I don't think that's a particularly extreme view to take ...... if carbon emmissions are the greatest cause of global warming then it would be a quite natural cause to campaign for :huh:

I suspect that their alternative would be for solar and wind power etc and for greater research into making these forms of energy .

You have to remember that organisations like Greenpeace don't campaign with too much regard to political realities ....neither in this country or worldwide . For instance Greenpeace would like to see a population of 30 million in the UK - it would be nice in theory but...... <_<

Oh no doubt. Icky or what...

Anyway, the Lib Dems shouldn't have elected him in the first place. While a pleasant enough old chap, he's clearly about as close to PM material as Benni Mac is of putting some back into it. Kennedy, in spite of his personal problems, was an excellent leader who gave the Libs at least some sheen of crediblity and political sincerity. Campbell on the other hand is useful, long-serving back-bencher with, as it turns out, a dictinct lack of the fortitude when it comes to ignoring issues surrounding his advanced years.

Oh God . Does this mean the P!sspot Pervert Party are looking for another leader ? A few weeks of the papers being full of gay sex and rent boy scandals no doubt ..... :rolleyes:

What is your problem with homosexuals? Been turned down by a few?

Unless they are complete neanderthals I would imagine EVERYBODY under the age of 40 and over 15 have.

Gosh! I'm over 40 and I've got a BSc degree. Does this mean you are going to take me seriously?

What have you got in your educational wallet?

BTW, you're a bit behind the current thinking about Neanderthals. Chin up matey.

Part of this is certainly my own fault, but one idea I'd like to see put in place is some finanical management skills at school or college. I'm sorry, but General Studies is a waste of time, no students had any respect for it and I think it should be replaced with somehting more practical. Simple financial management could prevent those borderline people getting into unnecessary debt.

Exactly. That has been a major grumble with me for decades. How indeed can the likes of GS as well as Latin, Art, Trig, PE etc be more important preparation for modern adult life than financial planning and basic use and interpretation of accounts?

Archived