BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hughes Targeted By Spuds!

ABBEY

It was in the papers last week anyway. I did hear a rumour from someone who might know that Hughes was getting fed up with the small crowds at Ewood and might look to leave because of it, however, and that worried me more than anything I read in the Sun.

It was in the papers last week anyway. I did hear a rumour from someone who might know that Hughes was getting fed up with the small crowds at Ewood and might look to leave because of it, however, and that worried me more than anything I read in the Sun.

If that is true, having Brum and Reading at home in the next two games is bad timing.

I know Hughes mentioned the crowds in a SSN interview, so maybe someone putting 2&2 together. Sparky was aware of the crowds when he came and I am sure he is fully aware of the demographics of the town and surround areas along with the competition for the football monies.

I don't think he will be off to Spurs, they are another lot that will want a sexier name I think. But he will be off in the not too distant future, chances are he has already peaked with this team and what he has at his disposal. That more than crowds is what will take him away, ambition to do great things.

Don't know if it's necessarily related. Think of it in another way too. Maybe they're really trying to sign him and he doesn't want to go, so more of an incentive for him to want to beat them ;)

Has anyone cosidered the case that he might actually want to go? The amount of abuse he has had on here in the last couple of weeks, and presumably from all the other sources of supporters opinion as well, may well have turned his mind to considering a job like Spurs which has just come up at the same time. It certainly must have been put to his agent and hence to Sparky for consideration. He is only human after all, and he must be at least thinking about it.

Abuse?....thats well over the top Fife

You think so? Just have a look back at some of the posts on the Larissa thread and on other threads as well and not just in connection with the Larissa match either. Also read some of the dogs abuse (no other word for it) that has appeared on the blogs of the LT. When you have done that come back and tell me that he is not getting abused.

They are a joke club with a joke chairman, joke board, joke fans and joke players.

Any decent manager wouldn't go there in a million years (unless he needs the Shekels).

If (when) Hughes leaves it will not be to Spurs or I will show my arse on the Town Hall steps.

If (when) Hughes leaves it will not be to Spurs or I will show my arse on the Town Hall steps.

Careful what you promise...Some people might hold you to that... Not that entirely impossible that we lose him for Spurs, there have been greater surprises in football.

He'll go eventually, we all know that. I hope it happens before someone else has a chance to snap up Aidy Boothroyd.

Tugay4England, a fan of route one, are we? Boothroyd is doing very well at Watford but I wasn't too impressed with them in the Premiership. His January signings last year, of Lee Williamson and Will Hoskins, hardly turned their season around - and what is that Hungarian striker he signed - Priskin?!.

A solid manager but not much else, imo.

I wasn't referring to any of the press tales but to something I heard from someone who might just know. Personally I don't see Mark Hughes being tempted by Spurs because he wouldn't have anywhere near the freedom to run things his way as he has at Rovers and I think he'd be driven crackers by interference from Directors of football etc, etc. But stranger things have happened and for stranger reasons. Oh, and by the way - it's she.

My apologies, I'm still getting to know people around here and I didn't notice that..sorry

To be fair, the lady should make sure that it's clear that she's a lady...

Gumboots isn't really that feminine, is it?

Gumbootina, maybe?

Gumbootella?

;)

Archived