BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Halved Kits

Has anyone else notices how many halved hits there are this year? Feyenoord, Chester, Hartlepool (I think), Spurs centenary kit to name but a few.

Has the footballing world woken up and realised our way really is the best way?

It certainly ensures our away strip getting plenty of airings. Come to think of it I wonder if we actually wear our away strip more than any other club. Might make a good sports quiz question.

I only really noticed it recently. I always considered the blue and white halves something pretty unique (Grasshoppers accepted).

Maybe the spurs entry should read:

"In 2002, Spurs watched the professionals of Blackburn Rovers win the League Cup final against them. So impressed were they that the club tried desperately to unsettle and buy their players ever since and in 2007, following yet more failed attempted signings, adopted Rovers' blue and white halved shirts for their centenary - just so they could pretend for one night they were a team with real history and team spirit. It didn't work so they tried to unsettle the manager of Blackburn too."

It's because not many teams used to have it that it's popular now. In nowadays' football, when kit suppliers have to come up with a new design every year, they constantly try to bring something fresh or simply different from the rest. But to be honest now, Feyenoord had had the halved kit before this season as well.

I seem to remember there were a few different halved shirts being worn up and down the country in the mid nineties - Man U, Leeds, Portsmouth and even Burnley all had halved away shirts around then, and I'm sure there were others.

Historical kits site makes an interesting read.

Everton,Spurs and Norwich all played in blue and white halves early in their history for a short period.Rover's were the first professional football club to wear these colours and apart from a change in the shade of blue have retained the same style for some 132 yrs.....unique really!

Historical kits site makes an interesting read.

Everton,Spurs and Norwich all played in blue and white halves early in their history for a short period.Rover's were the first professional football club to wear these colours and apart from a change in the shade of blue have retained the same style for some 132 yrs.....unique really!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Oh yes, and just one little addition to that SG: Rovers blue&white halves have swopped sides occasionally, especially in the early years.

I think he means pink is coming into fashion for blokes just like halved footy tops seems to be the latest fad.

Well it is at least in Italy!! :blink: (pink I mean!)

Aha! So that's it. I must admit I was expecting something much worse. Thanks for that Italian Rover. :rolleyes:

What does that mean?

Sorry, couldn't log on earlier today. It generally means that halved kits are the new fashion ... you can put anything in the beginning, according to the point you want to make.

However ... googling it a bit .. I've found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_new_black

It seems the original expression was "the new black". Anyway, I knew in the pink version so to speak. Sorry for the confusion. Wasn't trying to be a smart ass.

Archived