BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sav And The Sacked Capt

ABBEY

The good ol' 100ml limitation has been in place for at least a year from what I can recall.

It's a complete pi$$ take to go through security with these limitations, then airside you can buy all the liquids you want! The pilot who's been banned (can't remember his name without looking at the link) said "rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools" and I'm afraid there's a lot of blind obedience at airport security.

The good ol' 100ml limitation has been in place for at least a year from what I can recall.

It's a complete pi$$ take to go through security with these limitations, then airside you can buy all the liquids you want!

I thought Liquids were banned in case people were taking explosives on?

The title of this thread sounds like a children's novel

Shame on the airline though, where is the common sense. Unless, of course.........................................................Sav is a terrorist in disguise <_<

Hope the pilot wins at tribunal - in any case he should be able to get a decent job elsewhere. Best of luck to the guy.

You can take on stuff as long as it is under 100ml or thereabouts.

You can only take 100mls through security but you can buy a bottle of water at a larger volume on the other side of security.

You can also take the said purchase onto the plane. Quite a rip off in my opinion as what's to stop you adding something on the plane.

Yes. Although to create a significant explosion with 500ml or even a litre of a liquid anything would require a chemical lab. They should just stop installing them on planes.

This is all a rip off from the British government. I couldn't bring liquids from the duty free in Japan through heathrow, even though I was going from international arrivals to the Irish section. And seeing as I don't get duty free inside the EU, it meant I couldn't bring anything home. Also, I had to wait the best part of an hour to get through the metal detectors, because only two out of eight were open and the metal detectors went off on me, even though I'd passed through 2 on the Japanese side in exactly the same clothes/shoes.

The opportunity to look into everyones lives in detail? More sales in "duty free" shops that aren't duty free at all (for internal EU flights). Hell, I'm just annoyed with them at the moment - travelling through Britian is especially unpleasant at the moment. I won't even go to the states any more, and flying through the UK is in pretty much the same category for sheer painfulness. It was a bit of a rant :)

It does seem to me that the UK government have gone absolutely mental with this anti-terror stuff and are making yourselves and everyone nearby miserable. I just don't see the point - no terrorist has EVER been picked up at airport security and that's unlikely to change. Everyone else suffers though.

Archived