BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Postal Dispute

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:angry::angry:

I dont know or care how old you are but advocating crossing the picket line is scabbiest thing you can do..DO YOU HAVE NO PRINCIPLES??? :angry::angry:

Of course I have principles. I was talking from the emloyers point of view, because when workers are on strike the employers are always seen to be in the wrong, whether they are or not. At the end of the day they have a business to run whether it be a large firm like Royal Mail or a small firm.

For the record I am 23, does this mean I am not qualified to have an opinion on the matter?

If he's anything like he was when I met him in Cardif for the FA cup semi final he's currently causing chaos as a back for the French team

Chabal90.gif

:lol: Love it!

Although if anyone watch Ross Kemp on Gangs, it also appears that I have a job in Poland as well

Unfortunately there will always be those that see people on strike as wastrels. Granted, a fair few of the people who ever strike do it to try and get more money, but for a situation to get to the stage where people are willing to strike, there are always underlying issues that are the main cause.

The term 'modernisation' was thought up by politicians to replace the term 'cutbacks' because 'modernisation' sounds so much better. For those who haven't worked it out - they are one and the same. Funny how the government can find money for a pointless occupation of Iraq and money to fund countless middle managers all over the public sector, but not to pay the grass roots of public services a fair wage in line with the inflation rates they also set.

What a shame that people would rather criticize those who fight for their rights, than support them because they are too frightened or lazy to fight for their own and accept any treatment dished out on them.

I have no sympathy for anyone dissatisfied with aspects of their job who hasn't at least tried to improve conditions. For those who have criticized the strikes, don't expect support when (if) it's your turn.

I DONT CARE IF YOUR POLISH ,IRAQUI FRENCH OR AN ALIEN FROM MARS...YOU DONT CROSS PICKET LINES!!!!!

I don't agree at all. Solidarity is all well and good but people's priorities can change when they have bills to pay and a family to feed. I would never begrudge anyone crossing a picket line. I don't see why people should be prevented from making a living because some higher-ups in the Union with subsidised homes and free cars are intent are waging political and ideological war on my employer.

Another point. We live in a fairly rural location, small village 5 miles out of Chorley. I know working practices in Royal Mail have changed and it has been noticeable deliveries have deteriorated in recent years. My impression, right or wrong, is the actual postie is chosing to deliver when the mail reaches a worthwhile level. My only evidence being 2 or 3 days a week we get a bundle of mail, the rest of the time nothing. If you want my support deliver a first class letter the next day, not when it suits.

Considering how these workers and Union big wigs are supposedly so keen to maintain their existing working conditions no matter what the prevailing circumstances, strange innit how you never hear them jumping up and down complaining when something is proposed that affects members of the Public such as switching from two deliveries a day to one or closing rural branches.

I DONT CARE IF YOUR POLISH ,IRAQUI FRENCH OR AN ALIEN FROM MARS...YOU DONT CROSS PICKET LINES!!!!!

In some cases maybe not, but in others why not if you don't beleive in what they are striking against...it's an individual choice im afraid.

In a fairly recent strike elsewhere, people were booking the 'day of strike action' as ANNUAL LEAVE... isn't the idea that you sacrifice a day's pay in order to stick up for what you believe in??!

Also whilst driving past the Royal Mail Depot in Blackburn the other days there were no more than 10 people picketing... where were the rest of them?

It's never OK to be a scab - you vote to go on strike or not as the case may be - it's democracy in action, more so than the charade of a general election where the government is elected in by a minority of the people - to legitimately strike there must be a majority total of the membership voting in favour of it not a simple majority.

If you want to be a scab - leave the protection of the union and look after number one all by yourself.

That's the problem these days - it's all about ME! ME! ME! ME!

In my working days I would never have dreamed of crossing a picket line (I was usually leading it anyway!) but one or two members went in. They always donated their relevant pay to the cause but said they would not strike.

I`ve been at home this week. Not telling you why. Mind your own business.

My 1st class deliveries this week have all been delivered between 12.30pm and 1.pm

What a service.

yeah but for most domestic customers does it matter if its 9am or 2pm? not for me!

as for commercial operations .... well most stuff now is via email, anything legal or "urgent" is by courier so whats the problem?

Unfortunatley the postal service is in sorry state - rather like doorstep milk delivery and fish n chip shop. Something that happened fro several decades - a quaint thing that our grandchildren will chuckle at! The rubbish (replaced word!! blimey!) thing is that "bosses" try to make out that "workers" are lazy. Ever has the case been.

Unfortunatley the postal service is in sorry state - rather like doorstep milk delivery

Now that just is a bargain! Some poor bgugger producing and bringing 2 pints of milk at the crack of dawn in all weathers for the price of a small bottle of water or a third of a pint of weak beer. Give him the price of a pint and he'll even chuck a dozen eggs in!

Sometimes we all need to stop and think a little bit about everyday things that we take for granted. Far too many folk nowadays know the price of everything and the value of nothing!

But beware...... the times they are a' changin...... big!

Archived