BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matty Again!

philipl

Emerton has all the requirements to be a great winger except that he cannot cross a ball.

I think as a general rule that has been the case, but in a few recent matches he has put in some very good crosses, and another plus I have noticed in his recent games is that he learned how to head a ball; not well admittedly but at least now he can do it.

Going off the Americansarcasm post....

I do have to ask though, from the England crowd at large (granted I'm basing this off of the media outlets and 606, the only "pulse" of the English sports fan I can get my hands on easily)... the Bentley row was full of people talking about him slighting the nation and how important playing for your country is... but here the same team barely beat a minnow in a qually, and I hear no real frustration, anger, concern, etc...

I'll agree with the posts above, but with a different take: either the youth sides are important, and therefore Bentley should get slagged, Matty shold be lauded, and a great deal of people should be screaming for Pearce to have his side do better, just like McClaren.

or, the youth sides are unimportant, Bentley's decison while a shame, but understandable, Matty's goal was nice, but nothing more than good training, and squeaking by a minnow is okay, because its not very important....

Owen had a chance similar to the one Matty scored, even though Owen was flagged for offside he still couldn't beat Poom. Just shows how good Matty is at finishing.

This might be the daftest comparison I've heard in a long time.

Archived