• Ooijer
    • Warnock
    • Bentley
    • Tugay
    • Savage
    • Dunn
    • Santa Cruz
    • McCarthy

Rovers are playing some fine entertaining football at the moment...we cant ask for anymore!

:rover:

Just one thing, put the bleeding opposition to the sword. Great to watch first half, bit pished off with the second I'd like to have seen us really stick to it and give 'em a good hiding. How on earth was Doyles first goal allowed to stand, he turned to face Gamst, shoved him down using both hands then ran into the space and nodded it home. I though a push was a foul, has something changed. 2nd goal linesman was right ref overuled him. Any how fine first half bit longwinded in the second. Best looking footy from us I've seen at Ewood for a long time. Long may it continue.

Oh Toogs goal was sweet but what I really liked today was the final pass for each of the first two goals awesome passes.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the highlights. Christ we were good today. The passing and movement in midfield and up front was very slick, we really looked the part. Benni's first goal and Santa Cruz's effort were the results of some quite beautiful teamwork. Tugay's scorcher was something very special though, the man is still a master of the game's more artistic side.

What we were up to for the Reading goals is another matter entirely. Against opposition as poor as Reading we can get away with it. Arsenal, United or Liverpool would finish us with marking like that.

Good win, good performance. Tugay is a joy to watch. Even at 37.

Reading must be credited for a spirited and hard working second half. Not a bad performance from our lot.

The most important thing is that Benni appears to be back.

How on earth was Doyles first goal allowed to stand, he turned to face Gamst, shoved him down using both hands then ran into the space and nodded it home.

I noticed that too.

Three points but I must admit to being a bit disappointed with our second half. I was looking forward to a hat-full at full time. Still, mustn't grumble. We're up to fifth now.

Watched the game and have to agree we were top notch. I loved how the comintator was saying how we played brillently and deserved to be where we were. I loved it today, gave up to "soft goals" and pederson should really hit the gym after he was so easyly pushed off Doyle on the second goal. Very happy with the result and were really gonna have to buckle down for the next couple of games. UP ROVERS!!!

Watched the game and have to agree we were top notch. I loved how the comintator was saying how we played brillently and deserved to be where we were. I loved it today, gave up to "soft goals" and pederson should really hit the gym after he was so easyly pushed off Doyle on the second goal. Very happy with the result and were really gonna have to buckle down for the next couple of games. UP ROVERS!!!

Don't know if you had Tony Gale (ex-Rover) commentating over there but he was also saying Rovers were so underrated it's not true, are one of the best attacking sides in the country, had a wealth of talent and were a joy to watch. Nice to hear instead of some begrudging admittance of quality sandwiched inbetween archaic comments about Walkers millions, relegation and being thugs.

i smiled with the comments from tony gale. i just think he is a bloke who actually watches the game and see's that we are a very good footballing side and doesn't wait until a few needless yellow cards, to form an opinion based on them. overall this morning, i thought we where brilliant and thoroughly deserved the win. i was a little dissapointed with the second half performance, but that was my fault for thinking and hoping we would go on with it and stick a few more away.

Can you make comments about other Rovers players not being worthy to start in the next few weeks, might work wonders again! :)

Just to make it clear:-

Brads Rusbbish

Warnocks Rusbbish

Sambas Rubbish

The Clown is Rubbish

Berts Rubbish

Dunns Rubbish

Tugays Rubbish

Bentleys Rubbish

Savage is Rubbish

Santas Rubbish

Benni is Rubbish

That should keep us going for a few more weeks :P

How the hell did Arsenal make game of the day on sky and not us :angry:

It was actually much more comfortable than I thought it would be. Shame we couldn't keep a clean sheet or score a few more. I think we deserved a bigger win. :tu:

I'm really pleased for Benni. He looks much happier this week. Last time he didn't even smile when he scored. Anyone know what was up with him? :blink:

I also really enjoy watching the partnership up front we've got. It's really starting to click with Santa and Benni. The first goal was a perfect example. :brfc:

Great first half but ..........

1. for some reason we forgot how to compete for headers in our own box.

2. We still cannot pass and move, play keep ball and run the clock down. I'd have been having kittens yesterday if we had been defending a one goal lead. Every time we won the ball individual players dwelt on the ball too long and ended up losing it cos team mates were not moving into space.

I thought it was a poor second half from us but in many ways it was somewhat to be expected after being three up after half an hour. Tbh I'd take that and watch us coast through the second half each week!

A few points:

1) Benni is looking quite a bit more enthusiastic, although Santa Cruz still puts him to shame with his workrate.

2) Dunn was outstanding down the left in the first half, Warnock was outstanding all the time he was on the pitch.

3) Tugay proved those who thought he was finished wrong yesterday. When he is allowed licence to get further forward up the pitch, and is not wasted at sweeper, he still looks like he has plenty of petrol left in the tank.

4) Bentley was extremely quiet.

5) Derbyshire looked much sharper than of late when he came on and did very well to win the penalty.

6) MGP didn't look as keen to impress when brought on as I would have expected.

Overall very satisfactory and in years gone by, eighteen points from nine games would have seen you near to the top of the table. Unfortunately now the general dominance of the "big 4" means that you need more than two points a game to be challenging at the top. Still a great achievement though, the question is, can we keep it up?

Just to make it clear:-

Brads Rusbbish

Warnocks Rusbbish

Sambas Rubbish

The Clown is Rubbish

Berts Rubbish

Dunns Rubbish

Tugays Rubbish

Bentleys Rubbish

Savage is Rubbish

Santas Rubbish

Benni is Rubbish

Funnily enough as I was walking down the stairs at full time there was a fella in front of me saying something along these lines. Just no pleasing some people!

A comfortable enough win. Reading seemed to have regressed a long way from the final day of last season. Special mentions to Benni who looked back to his form / application of last year. Also to Ooijer who takes a bit of (deserved) stick but looked solid enough yesterday.

Once again though that was another game that should make us appreciate how good Brad is. For their first goal their keeper didnt even move after Santa Cruz's header. He wouldn't have made it but he should at least have be scrambling over to the other post. He just stood still. The second goal you can't blame him for but with a bit of luck was stoppable.

The third goal was a superb strike but in all honesty was a complete keeper balls-up. Tugay goals like that are superb though, not only to watch but also for his celebration. If only he could run that quick in normal play! I don't think MGP had quite the impact Hughes wanted. He was brushed off for the first goal and played Doyle onside for the second.

Anyway we've opened up a little gap between us and 8th. Let's hope we carry this on to Fratton Park.

2) Dunn was outstanding down the left in the first half, Warnock was outstanding all the time he was on the pitch.

The reason why he wasn't on the pitch for the entire game was due to 'Commentators Curse' from the Radio Rovers commentary team.

The guy said "Stephen Warnock would run through a brick wall and still carry on"...literally a minute later he got taken off injured. :D

just
and be amazed!

I watched and I was indeed amazed. That is almost unbelievable, and so casual with it! What a player!

That and his performance in the match yesterday makes you realise just what Rovers have got in this man. Thank you Souness for bringing us this pocket sized genius. He WILL be missed.

I've just seen the goals on TV, didnt notice it fully at the time but it was a brilliant ball by Dunn to put in Santa-Cruz for his goal. Dunny has been quality this year, with so much expectation when he returned he's delivering now. The midfield with Dunn on left/Bentley on right looks good.

I thought the MOTM could've been Emerton or Dunn.

I thought it was a poor second half from us but in many ways it was somewhat to be expected after being three up after half an hour. Tbh I'd take that and watch us coast through the second half each week!

2) Dunn was outstanding down the left in the first half

Your either easily pleased or having a laugh with this statement, 'outstanding' your building up false hopes for everybody.

Your either easily pleased or having a laugh with this statement, 'outstanding' your building up false hopes for everybody.

JAL you're becomming obsessed with Dunny. He played well yesterday culminating in a peach of a pass for Santa Cruz's goal. No-one is expecting him to be Kinkladze or Juninho except possibly you.

You are a sad, sad individual. Can the moderators please stop this numpty posting anything with the word Dunn in it, please, or any topic that mentions Dunn in the table, or any time he can quote someone else discussing Dunn.

Thanks

Played some brilliant football first half, the best 45minutes at Ewood this season I'd say.

Bentley & Dunn playing seemed to work well. They seemed to switch over and drift numerous times during the game to great effect. Man of the Match as got be Tugay for me. Superb goal and all-round brilliant game, never stopped running.

People were mentioning Shorey, I thought he looked a good player and managed to contian Bents for most of the game.

Sanat Cruz & McCarthy also seemed to link up well hopefully they'll be able to continue you that. Overall a very pleasing performance and victory.

I'm gutted I decided not to travel to Reading yesterday,absolutely gutted.

The one thing I really have to say is that Dunn's through ball for Roque's goal was absolutely sublime.

Otherwise, from the highlights, our passing looks excellent and the goals were all very good. Roque and Benni really are turning it on at the moment. Also, while Tugay's strike was very good, any decent goalkeeper should have had that easily covered. Hahnamen (sp) messed it up big time.

Archived