• Tugay
    • Savage
    • Dunn
    • Santa Cruz
    • McCarthy

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
are u taking the p--- or something?, The game was all but over at half time, so u can't fault the lads stepping down a gear or two, to save them selves for further games. That is why Dunn was subbed, to rest him for the big games that are coming up not becasue he was not playing well.

The 1st half performance was one of the best i have seen at ewood for some time, and you still bloody moan.

I'm sure Mark Hughes didnt see it as saving him for further games but more like an opportunity for someone else to showcase their talents.

The game was won at half time but the attitude from the team in the second half especially kicking towards the Blackburn end is a concern that shouldnt be overlooked because of an outstanding first half.

Somebody mentioned the games about ninety minutes not forty five, i'm not moaning just looking for a balanced feet firmly on the floor view of the game.

Any balanced view of the game would include the observation that Dunn played extremely well whilst on the pitch and played the perfect through ball that set-up the Roque goal which was the game-defining goal.

That was an assist of the very highest quality.

JAL, by your logic, Hughes must really be disappointed with Santa Cruz as well, since he was also subbed. I can see why, too, horrible games both Dunny and Roque had.....

Santa Cruz had been carrying an injury prior to the game with the amount of running he did during the game no suprise to see him subbed, as far as i know Dunny hadnt been carrying an injury but as thenodrog states 60-70 minutes seems about his limit at the moment.

If Dunn can only play for 60 mins every week but puts in the kind of pass he did for Santa Cruz this weekend, then surely the 60 mins is worth having?!

Yes it would but, he has to do more to earn the credit of being 'outstanding'.

ManU away will be a great benchmark for Dunny.

Yes it would but, he has to do more to earn the credit of being 'outstanding'.

For some reason you seem to be seizing on my quote Mr. Broken record but if you check back to what I actually said rather than pursuing your longstanding vendetta you will find I said I thought Dunn was outstanding "in the first half"

I passed no comment as to his second half performance, nor would I have said any other member of the team did themselves any real favours in the second half.

Not ideal really but I can sort of understand it being three up at half time.

ManU away will be a great benchmark for Dunny.

Yes, because one game makes a season doesn't it?

You're giving the word "tedium" a bad name. Dunn, like the entire club, is having a good season. Get over it and give it a rest. Try and enjoy if that's possible (I've probably asked too much there).

For some reason you seem to be seizing on my quote Mr. Broken record but if you check back to what I actually said rather than pursuing your longstanding vendetta you will find I said I thought Dunn was outstanding "in the first half"

I passed no comment as to his second half performance, nor would I have said any other member of the team did themselves any real favours in the second half.

Not ideal really but I can sort of understand it being three up at half time.

I've no longstanding vendettta with anyone on this board or any Rovers player Dunny included, its just that i sat in the third row of the Riverside in front of Dunny in the first half and when you said he was outstanding i just couldnt agree with that, fair enough its your opinion as others have stated they thought Dunny was outstanding aswell i just hope you can accept my opinion too.

Having witnessed that second half performance i fear for us at Tottenham but i'm extremely confident against Liverpool at home, what a funny old game.

Next time our paths cross i'll introduce myself to you Rev.

I've no longstanding vendettta with anyone on this board or any Rovers player Dunny included, its just that i sat in the third row of the Riverside in front of Dunny in the first half and when you said he was outstanding i just couldnt agree with that, fair enough its your opinion as others have stated they thought Dunny was outstanding aswell i just hope you can accept my opinion too.

Having witnessed that second half performance i fear for us at Tottenham but i'm extremely confident against Liverpool at home, what a funny old game.

Next time our paths cross i'll introduce myself to you Rev.

I was watching from the front of the Riverside (a different angle to normal) as well having taken one of my daughters along.

I wasn't insinuating for one moment you have a vendetta against me but you do seem to have a problem with poor old Dunny judging by your posting history!

From what I have seen recently of Dunny

1. he's too slow to complete the old one/two move that used to see him pass two players but he keeps damn well trying it!

2. His physique and stamina will never allow him to be fit enough to see out 90 mins of end to end action.

BUT

He found Santa Cruz for the 2nd goal with a peach of a pass using vision that would be way beyond mere mortals like Sav and Flitty and would not even figure in the wildest dreams of the Axe.

Horses for courses really. He's not ZZ but he provides a few more very useful tactical options for MH.

Archived