BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Little Sam Leaves Bolton

Also see that large numbers of Trotters are buying tickets to the Bayern game. Mid-weeks are going to be painful for us Rovers fans.

To be honest I don't mind it. I looked at our next game - spurs. They have to play today, Thursday and then us on Sunday where we get a bit of time to recharge the batteries.

I know what you mean though it is sad to see bottom of the league Bolton marching on in Europe while we sit at home waiting for the weekend

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any of the leading names would be great....................for the opposition. Megson, Souness, O'Leary would all be likely to do a job in stuffing up the Wankies. How about Steve Cotterill? That would kill off two birds with one stone-Bolton would be relegated as Steve would be out of his depth, whilst the dingles would lose a manager who has done a reasonable job for them.

Bet it'll be an anti-climax though

I've got 20 quid riding on Coleman at 5/1, but I'd gladly pass up any potential winnings to see Souness take over and take Bolton down.

Like they say in the Visa ads - priceless!

I think he would take them down as well. Imo whatever he had when he had a successful period at Ewood, he lost some time ago and I could see it being a disaster of Brian Kidd proportions - without an Uncle Jack to bail them out.

Bring it on! :)

:lol:

To be honest I don't mind it. I looked at our next game - spurs. They have to play today, Thursday and then us on Sunday where we get a bit of time to recharge the batteries.

I know what you mean though it is sad to see bottom of the league Bolton marching on in Europe while we sit at home waiting for the weekend

I probably wouldn't put it as marching on, or at least I hope they don't!

Souness also wins silverware, albeit mostly cups. He didn't win anything at Newcastle, but then that seems to be impossible!

O'Leary wouldn't be a bad idea. He can't be blamed for Leeds, that was their financial "troubles" and before that he was going very well indeed. As for the rest, his track record is good, he does have a souness-like ability to go off the rails, though.

Guest fernhurstblue

i can't believe that people have contributed 4 pages of waffle about who is gonna be the new boss at bolton ..... some people have to much time on their hands, me thinks B)

I'd be happier if they got someone more incompetent than Coleman to be honest, my heart bleeds for them, it really does !

Has the sweepstake started on who leaves first?

My money is on at least 3 out of the following in January: (* = Favourite)

1. Speed * (Dependant on manager wanting to manage on his own)

2. Anelka * (See's a gap in the door and is completely through it)

3. Diving llama * (See above but with more cheating & attitude)

4. Fat Michael Jackson * (Retirement / hairdressing bill has to be cut)

5. Nicky Hunt (For England :-)

6. Piederson (Just rubbish) *

7. Gardiner (Ideas above station)

Any thoughts?

I am a bit surprised myself at Bolton's top choices as manager. I mean Megson??? What's he ever done really. Coleman? decent but neither would get me too excited. I'd have thought Boothroyd might be in there as a top choice or Jewell for sure. Strange ideas Gartside has.

Archived