BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Little Sam Leaves Bolton

I'd be happier if they got someone more incompetent than Coleman to be honest, my heart bleeds for them, it really does !

Has the sweepstake started on who leaves first?

My money is on at least 3 out of the following in January: (* = Favourite)

6. Piederson (Just rubbish) *

Any thoughts?

Plays up front for Hull doesn't he? Who won the sweepstakes?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bolton will have their manager tonight. No need to guess who if you have been following this for the past few days.

Would not be my choice, but I am not in charge at The Reebok.

To sack and replace in a week isn't too slow in my opinion. Not as farcical as some poorly-informed newspapers have made out.

if i was a bolton fan id be crying as soon as they appoint him...

he got west brom relagated to championship didnt he??

and notts forest relagated to league one???

the standard of managers linked to bolton since sammy lee left has been really poor..i bet if they didnt appoint sammy lee, better standard off managers would of been linked to bolton

Eh? Where's the logic in that if it's a dead cert? Isn't £131 better than £100?

Edit: Well going off the fact that Coleman has spoken to Bolton and Megson is about to speak to them, I take it it's not a dead cert...

I don't see the point in backing 3 to 10 on shots.

Better put your money on Bolton going down instead... :lol:

If you want to back Coleman that is entirely up to you, of course.

OK but I still don't understand something... you've basically said Megson will be the Bolton manager and you're hinting that someone shouldn't put £100 on it to get £131 back? :unsure:

I'm saying if you've got the £100 to burn then you don't need the £31...it's a minor philosophical point.

If you put that £100 on Bolton going down it would be a better value bet.

Or put it in a double with Coventry going down.

Or put it in a double with Coventry going down.

Know it is not about the thread but I was reading on the Coventry website earlier when I was booking tickets for the West Ham game it said about a transfer embargo had been imposed on Coventry by the Football League. Why is this?

Know it is not about the thread but I was reading on the Coventry website earlier when I was booking tickets for the West Ham game it said about a transfer embargo had been imposed on Coventry by the Football League. Why is this?

Coventry signed Leon Best from Southampton last summer and have failed to pay for him, so they cannot buy a player or even take anyone in on loan.

They were trying to sign a Premier League keeper yesterday but were banned from doing so until they pay the debt.

As they are truly skint I think you can guess the next step...

Cos they hadn't paid a recent instalment on a transfer in they made a few months ago. Forget who it was but the total was something like 500k and the instalment say 50k, think their case is they'll have the 50k in a few days. Problem is though that the club is apparently 30 odd million in debt - probably some consequence of that that Nicko's hinting at.

EDIT - damn these journos, they just type too fast ;)

Are you hinting that they are about to go into administration and consequently get 15 points deducted?

I believe a couple of very bad things may be about to happen to them.

The current deduction level is 10, but it may have changed without me spotting it.

Either way, you have to fear for them at the moment.

But doesn't one of these hinge on Megson going to Bolton?

Megson is going to Bolton...in the time it takes to get up the M6.

Press conference tomorrow, I would imagine and to the sound of 'weighed in' from some Rovers fans - allegedly. :lol:

And when Sparky takes the Spuds thirty pieces of silver then you boys and girls will start the same agonising process.

What goes around comes around! :D

Fair play to you.. in your darkest hour and all that.

As for us, we'll cross that bridge if we come to it. A massive step down at this stage of Hughes' career surely wouldn't be a good move.

I can't see why any Premiership chairman still in possession of all his marbles would want to hire Megson. I had a quick glance at Wikipedia and his managerial record appears to read:

Norwich (caretaker role) Relegated

Norwich (permanent) sacked

Blackpool sacked

Stockport sacked

Stoke sacked

WBA Promoted/relegated/sacked

Forest "Resigned" (Jumped before pushed)

Leicester - there for just nine games which produced only eleven points. Apparently the Leicester fans were chanting "Megson for Bolton" during their latest defeat last night!. :lol:

However I think it would be extremely wise NOT to crow too loudly about Bolton's predicament until the Spurs managerial position is resolved to our satisfaction.

Archived