BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Little Sam Leaves Bolton

Megson is going to Bolton...in the time it takes to get up the M6.
That's a shame considering there was talk that former Australian coach Graham Arnold put his hat into the ring. :rolleyes: Football fans in this part of the World are pissing themselves laughing with this prospect. :D

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are you having a laugh SR? graham arnold applied for the job at bolton.... :lol::lol:

that is very funny, but seriously he should consider taking a job with one of the lower ranked teams outside of even the championship before he starts applying for premiership jobs. for (Please don't use that word again) sake, he can't even get a job in the A-league....he's got no chance.

And when Sparky takes the Spuds thirty pieces of silver then you boys and girls will start the same agonising process.

What goes around comes around! :D

Mark my words, if and when Sparky does leave we will put in place a manager of better pedigree than Mega Mouth Megson. What a totally uninspiring hire. I can't believe Bolton chased him so hard, Gartside must actually enjoy the sound of snoring at the Breezeblock

I can't see why any Premiership chairman still in possession of all his marbles would want to hire Megson. I had a quick glance at Wikipedia and his managerial record appears to read:

Norwich (caretaker role) Relegated

Norwich (permanent) sacked

Blackpool sacked

Stockport sacked

Stoke sacked

WBA Promoted/relegated/sacked

Forest "Resigned" (Jumped before pushed)

Leicester - there for just nine games which produced only eleven points. Apparently the Leicester fans were chanting "Megson for Bolton" during their latest defeat last night!. :lol:

However I think it would be extremely wise NOT to crow too loudly about Bolton's predicament until the Spurs managerial position is resolved to our satisfaction.

Right on all counts Rev, don't want to tempt fate. Wasn't Souness' first game in charge against us, (although he "sat" that one out from respect) hope history does not repeat but with Spurs instead of Newcastle.

Mark my words, if and when Sparky does leave we will put in place a manager of better pedigree than Mega Mouth Megson. What a totally uninspiring hire. I can't believe Bolton chased him so hard, Gartside must actually enjoy the sound of snoring at the Breezeblock

Right on all counts Rev, don't want to tempt fate. Wasn't Souness' first game in charge against us, (although he "sat" that one out from respect) hope history does not repeat but with Spurs instead of Newcastle.

I share your views on Megson. Mind you I wasn't impressed with the appointment of Allardyce at Bolton initially. I got that one wrong!

I will watch forthcoming events at Ewood with unusual interest. B)

I can't see why any Premiership chairman still in possession of all his marbles would want to hire Megson. I had a quick glance at Wikipedia and his managerial record appears to read:

Norwich (caretaker role) Relegated

Norwich (permanent) sacked

Blackpool sacked

Stockport sacked

Stoke sacked

WBA Promoted/relegated/sacked

Forest "Resigned" (Jumped before pushed)

Leicester - there for just nine games which produced only eleven points. Apparently the Leicester fans were chanting "Megson for Bolton" during their latest defeat last night!. :lol:

However I think it would be extremely wise NOT to crow too loudly about Bolton's predicament until the Spurs managerial position is resolved to our satisfaction.

megson and piggies a match made in heaven

relegated by easter

Who is this Zulu? Muppet!

IF, WHEN, Hughes goes - we wont be looking in the basement bargains for a new manager. We have ambition! Last time we had a vacancy over 50 top managers applied!!

Charming - and I was being so pleasant too. Listen Jethro, there aren't fifty top managers in the UK game. Are you suffering from possum poisoning?

Every club has its mongtoid element. I think I just sussed out Blackburn's candidate.

More than happy to debate with the majority on here, who appear to be in possession of all of their faculties. Hughesy, you and I will just have to choose to differ.

Tosser.

Charming - and I was being so pleasant too. Listen Jethro, there aren't fifty top managers in the UK game. Are you suffering from possum poisoning?

Every club has its mongtoid element. I think I just sussed out Blackburn's candidate.

More than happy to debate with the majority on here, who appear to be in possession of all of their faculties. Hughesy, you and I will just have to choose to differ.

Tosser.

You were and we do.

Are you looking forward to renewing hostilities with your six fingered cousins in Clarrot and Blue? assuming they don't take your place. Must be a worrying time, very uneasy feeling I am sure.

You were and we do.

Are you looking forward to renewing hostilities with your six fingered cousins in Clarrot and Blue? assuming they don't take your place. Must be a worrying time, very uneasy feeling I am sure.

Awful time really USABlue. We got Allardyce's replacement badly wrong and now we're playing catch up. There's still a lot of quality in the squad, but the team spirit is shot to pieces and it concerns me. I don't think Megson is the man to deliver, but for a club in our (and dare I say, your) position there's not a lot of options. It boiled down to Megson, Dowie, Jewell, Coleman and Old Whirling Eyes Souness (thankyou God for answering my prayers on that one!)

My choice would have been:

1. Coleman
  2. Dowie
  3. Jewell (not sure of mental strength)
  4. Megson
  5. Anybody but Souness

There were other young managers such as Grayson and Boothroyd, but it would be a brave gamble with over £40 million at stake.

If Hughes goes I think your list of potential candidates will not be too different to this one. We shall see.

So, I'm not happy. Having said that I was seriously unhappy about us appointing Allardyce seemingly on the cheap. That one worked out a lot different than I expected.

As for playing Burnley next season? Well, six point are always welcome! ;)

If I could find the link to the article which stated we had over 50 applicants then I would, but it was way back in 2004.

To name a few the ones below all applied and would all do a better job that Megson!

Hughes

Levein

Dowie

Newell

Peter Reid

If I could find the link to the article which stated we had over 50 applicants then I would, but it was way back in 2004.

To name a few the ones below all applied and would all do a better job that Megson!

Hughes

Levein

Dowie

Newell

Peter Reid

Only another 45 to go. I'll not be waiting up.

hoddle,lippi,strachan,Claudio Ranieri,McLeish,Martin Jol ,Keegan,Gerard Houllier ,Koeman ,

all mentioned by your sty dwelling piggies

...and I have no doubt they'll all be mentioned on here, if Hughes departs. Your point was?

Tosser.

:lol:

You not think the damage is done already Zulu? If/when Megson gets the gig surely it's only a matter of time before he gets potted, maybe February? Just cannot see him doing it with the class of players at Reebok.

Maybe if you had signed David Dunn though... :rolleyes:

So it's Megson, then.

Tough break Zulu. Your best chance is the apparent willingness of Wigan, Boro, etc. to play like pub teams week in, week out.

I don't believe this horse pucky about losing Hughes to Shyte Hart Lane but if I'm wrong that's one less muppet to be linked with.

Quote from that article: Bolton chairman Phil Gartside said: "Gary has demonstrated he has the right temperament for a battle, which this season is undoubtedly going to be."

It's going to be a battle, yet they have players of the calibre of Anelka, Diouf, Jaaskelainen and so on? I think Gartside has created his own boundaries there by implying that they'll settle for steering clear of relegation. Even in the position Bolton are in, a few decent results can easily turn their season around and I'm surprised Gartside's view is that pessimistic.

Anyway, Megson is a bizarre decision and far too rash IMO, they could have bided their time a bit...

Dunno El T, it still comes down to a fairly uninspiring list of candidates.

True but did he approach the likes of O'Leary, Collins, etc. or not?

Dunno - but I'm not sure I would have wanted Piggy Nose anywhere near either. Collins, yes.

Archived