BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Usa Beats The Swiss!

I've always considered Switzerland as an underrated team. They are a team who gets dismissed by people quite quickly because they don't have the star players they had 10 years or so ago but they are still a very good team and play some nice football. I saw a game featuring their youngsters not long ago and technically, their players were superb. All the Swiss need is to get a few youngsters to become the next Henchoz, Türkyilmaz or Chapuisat and they could have a few good team in the future.

Alexander Frei has had a good reputation. Don't know about his recent form though.

Frei had a great turn at Rennes, but at Dortmund he's been a little tepid. He's been hampered by injury all season though and he will come back soon for the German club.

That Von Lanthen chap is a pretty good young'n if he can stay healthy. Cabanas is a good one and Frei's Dortmund team-mate Degen is not too shabby.

Not a bad side at all. Good on the Yanks for beating them...Even had handbags from Streller and Onyewu...talk about a clash of the titans!

Decent result but dire match. We still can't seem to find an attacking setup that works.....

Oh how I lament the fact that Dempsey (of Fulham 'fame'?), a converted winger into a forward is the current "go-to" striker. And England thinks they have issues on the front line....

Decent result but dire match. We still can't seem to find an attacking setup that works.....

Oh how I lament the fact that Dempsey (of Fulham 'fame'?), a converted winger into a forward is the current "go-to" striker. And England thinks they have issues on the front line....

That's because Landy Cakes is too busy kissing his wrists and refusing to travel to the Copa America because he's a prima donna who can only score PKs nowadays. Isn't it a shame to see a talented player waste his talents like that?

Landon didn't go to the Copa America because he wasn't called up by Bradley, it wasn't his decision. Bradley took a very experimental squad to Copa (explaining how we lost all three games), as he used most of his first team in the Gold Cup.

I personally like Donovan, I think he's a good player but just needs to find some consistency.

actually, Landy-cack wasn't called up because he publically stated that he'd only play one of the two, the Gold Cup or the Copa America. Obviously since the Godl Cup is the Concacaf tourney, that's the one Bradley chose.

However, seeing as the MLS didn't break for either of those tourneys, and He's also the Galadies captain (pre-golden balls) I can almost understand that concept, not leaving your team in the middle of the club season for basically 2 months of games..

Archived