BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] African Nations Cup

Cocker

Its not too bad for us.

In January I think we will be buying a holding midfielder and Reid will be back so hopefully losing Mokoena will not really be too much of an issue. Up front Cruz is much more crucial to us than Benni to be honest so I am happy Rocky isn't the one going. Derbyshire or Roberts and Cruz is a formidable combination whichever way you look at it, and I don't think losing McCarthy will drastically damage our ability to win matches.

And, of course, it is absolutely brilliant for us that Samba's Congo did not qualify. We depend on him at the moment.

Does anyone know of anywhere where there is a full list of players from all teams that are going to the African Nations Cup.

Have done a search but cant see anything

Cheers

There was a list in Saturday's Independent but I can't see it on their website. Too much to type out but these are the numbers involved for each Premiership team: -

Arsenal 3

Villa 0

Big Club 3

Rovers 2

Bolton 2

Chelsea 4

Derby 1

Everton 4

Fulham 1

Liverpool 1

Man City 0

Man Utd 0

Middlesbrough 2

Newcastle 5

Portsmouth 6

Reading 3

Sunderland 1

Spurs 3

West Ham 2

Wigan 2

Also 7 in the Championship.

i'm not certain but i think that paraguay are unlikely to qualify for the african cup of nations

Might wanna keep reading.

Up front Cruz is much more crucial to us than Benni to be honest so I am happy Rocky isn't the one going

• 2 years later...

I can't help thinking of the victims....

Various pop stars and politicians are among those eagerly looking forward to attending the African Cup of Nations draw being staged by tournament host Angola on Friday this week.

The event will feature singing and dancing. One big party. Won't it be lovely? Well not quite in my humble opinion.

Apart from Angola the other 15 teams who have qualified for the 16 team tournament in January next year are Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Egypt, Gabon, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Togo, Tunisia and Zambia.

[Removed - Not football related]

Thankfully Somalia didn't qualify for the tournament. If Somalia's results in their qualification group had been good enough, they too would have been there for the tournament in January alongside Nigeria.

I have previously written to a couple of BBC producers and commentators to convey my disgust at the African Nations Cup coverage [Removed - Not football related].

The BBC's response is that the African Nations Cup is about football.

This isn't football related. Please post your views in the appropriate sub-forum.

Archived