• Dunn
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Mokoena
    • Derbyshire

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, the sacking really changes things. Although because the new manager won't be there, there's a chance that Spurs will be even more shambolic than they were tonight. Damn. Now I'm really not sure what'll happen

Friedel-
Warnock--samba--Nelsen*--Emerton
Dunn--Savage--Tugay--Bentley
----Santa--McCarthy---

I would of been more confident of a win had Jol still been in charge, but i'm gonna go:

SPURS 1-2 ROVERS :rover:

Santa Cruz and Bentley grabbin the goals for us

*not to sure about his fitness

We have been so up for this game the last two seasons and have only managed a draw. We were so unlucky with that samba header last year and year before was the best we played all season with Bellamy on fire, robbed by ref not giving that stalteri handball.

I really think we will go that one step further and win. Hughes will have us fired up as i think he'll want to prove he is already at a better club than spurs.

A convincing display but a narrow margin, I'll go:

Spurs 1- 2 Rovers

McCarthy, Samba

With Jol sacked it is difficult to see how the players will react to Clive Allan as temp manager. A home defeat to Getafe makes you wonder whether Jol had lost the players. They have really underperformed this season. Like at Ewood when Sherwood and co seemed to undermine the manager. The board tends to pick up on player disatisfaction quickly and panic, this may well be the real reason why Levy and the Spurs Board decided to act despite a couple of good season under Jol. If the players have not been playing for the manager, Rovers could face a rebound on Sunday. You never know. Having said that, our first half against Reading should see off Spurs.

Or alternatively Nelsen 100% fit and able to play. Grooby.com

After the performances of Samba and Ooijer lately I would keep Nelsen on the bench and use him at Fratton Park, give Andre a break. But the Dutchman has been quality of late, but he's no spring chicken.

Wonder if Juande "At-a-time" Ramos will be at the Lane on Sunday, or if Flanagan and Allen are putting the cones out. I think we can go down there and bash them up, looking for a 2-0 win for us at worst to be honest.

Samba to score, season tickets to be hurled on the pitch and a Day Of Atonement for the Hebrews.

Watching it on teletext. In a dodgy pub.

Thanks to a board member here i have got tickets for this game and have to say I am delighted!

Spurs will be champing at the bit but to be honest you would think that as their main problem has been disorganisation that they are not suddenly going to become more organised after their manager leaves.

Rovers should, and will I am sure, field the same team as against Reading, with the only difference being Nelsen coming in if 100%.

We can bring on MGP second half, give Derbs a run too, maybe Mokoena to shore things up.

Lets be clinical!

Ok - I know I've left it late ... but diary changes etc.

Can now go on Sunday but just phoned ticket office and they are refusing to allow me to collect tickets from Spurs - need to go to ticket office at Ewood. No can do - 200 miles plus etc. etc.

Anyone else doing collections or have any bright ideas?

Or should I email someone at the club?

Cheers all.

Rovers optimism level way off the top end the scale just like before the Greek pub team game and Rovers not one for showing that killer instinct and kicking a team when their down.

Time for a bump unfortunately, I really will have to remember to cancel my Uefa cup final hotel booking….

1-0 spurs, dodgy reffin and finishing with 10 men

Archived