• Dunn
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Mokoena
    • Derbyshire

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect us to win today. Spurs may just have appointed Ramos as their boss, which may give the club a lift, but they are still a shambles and we have been playing well. I can't tell you how happy it would make me to beat Spurs on their on patch and show them that you don't need to spend £40 million to put a good team together. 2-1 to us, with McCarthy and Santa Cruz scoring again. Robbie Keane for them.

I've alw<ys got a bad feeling ahead of games that we *should* win, and especially against a team with a newly appointed manager. They usually tend to do well in their first game(s), though the fact that Ramos hasn't actually taken charge yet might delay that effect until next game. Or so I hope anyway. My instincts say 2-0 to Spurs, logic says a Rovers win.

Gonna go a bit of topic now;

Rovers game isn't on today, but then again for once that doesn't matter, as it's the last day of the season here in Sweden so Djurgården - BP and IFK Göteborg - TFF is on instead. Rather OT, but if my team IFK win today (First time since 1996) it'll be something of a rarity in todays football. Why? Because the success isn't based on spending big on foreigners, or even established players. At least half the squad grew up within an hours car ride of the club's training ground. When so many clubs look abroad for replacements, IFK just promote youngsters. And it might win us a title, whereas our competition for it (Same points ahead of the last game, IFK have +4 GD over them) Djurgården have only two Swedish players in their best 11. IFK have only two foreigners (Icelandic both of them) in the entire squad.

but if my team IFK win today (First time since 1996) it'll be something of a rarity in todays football. Why? Because the success isn't based on spending big on foreigners, or even established players. At least half the squad grew up within an hours car ride of the club's training ground. IFK have only two foreigners (Icelandic both of them) in the entire squad.

Well, in that case, come on IFK.....all the best!!!

all people asking if the game is being shown on some dodgey tv channel, do you do the same on home games or do you go to ewood????? :closedeyes:

Season ticket holder for longer than I can remember.

To be honest I would love to be at WHL today but can't.

I'm not starting a foreign TV debate as the world is a bad enough place without falling out over where and when people can watch a game they love. I pay my whack to Rovers and the TV companies.

all people asking if the game is being shown on some dodgey tv channel, do you do the same on home games or do you go to ewood????? :closedeyes:

I have a season ticket and attend all cup games at home. I go to Ewood. I can't afford to go away. Your point is?? :closedeyes:

Well I've posted for months on the Spurs thread "Don't believe the hype". Today is the day it could come back to haunt me.

It seems both from performances and the team sheet that Spurs have the ability to score goals but are poor elsewhere on the pitch. There's no doubt that with a 'famous five' of berbatov, Keane, Defoe, Bent and Lennon in the squad that we will have to perform well at the back and I just hope the Admiral is fit and well to replace OOijer. Andre has done a job recently but I fear for him if he gets the nod today.

However the rest of their side is as over-rated as they come.

In goal Fat-Robbo is a complete manifestation of the club - regarded as something special by the media and the ignorant but really just plain average and prone to almighty cock-ups.

Look at the rest of their team I've not mentioned - Kaboul, Lee, Chimbonda, Dawson, Bale, Jenas, Zakora, Huddlestone, Malbranque. Fair enough Gareth Bale has youth and great potential but are there any players there you'd really want at Rovers? The defence is shaky and I don't feel their midfield is strong enough (Pompey) or technical enough (The Arse) to dominate us.

Now I'm not saying we'll win. All to often in circumstances like this we falter. Just look at West ham away last year. However anyone who views this as a tough away game to a potential top 4 club is beliveing the hype. Big name, big crowd, big media interest but an average bunch of players. I'll be very disappointed if we lose today.

Would have liked to have been there, esp as im London this weekend. Unfortuantly, with Spurs making it an all ticket affair and me not being able to make a decsion later then middle of the week i wasnt able to go. Plus £32 is pushin a little bit 2 be honest. Think will be a tough game, esp with Spurs currently in the 'mess' that they are. We have a fantastic record of getting ourselves into a 'mess' playing exact teams like this.

Id be happy with 1-1, thrilled with the 3 points! Cmon boys :rover:

Season ticket holder for longer than I can remember.

I have a season ticket and attend all cup games at home. I go to Ewood. I can't afford to go away. Your point is?? :closedeyes:

i was just wondering if people watched all the games in the pub instead of just away games they cant go to, but obviously thats not the case! because i saw people on TV saying they cant afford to go to games and thats just not the case at rovers, its so cheap! but they can afford 6/7 pints at the pub :blink:

Djurgården have only two Swedish players in their best 11. IFK have only two foreigners (Icelandic both of them) in the entire squad.

Yep, but the Zoo boys happen to have three Finns in their top 11 :rolleyes: Djuuurgåården all the way. Just watch and weep as Aki the man nicks your title <_<

About the Rovers game. I'm a bit gutted becouse it's not on my tv packet...These games against Spurs are always quite decent. Say what you will about the hype about them but during recent years they've always tried to 'play football' and thus been decent entertainmet. That can't be said about too many teams in the league.. It's a bit tricky to guess the result as they still got the goods to score a number goals. A draw wouldn't really be a bad one as it´s away and all... Just a goal for Bentley (I put a bet for him to score...)

Archived