• Nelsen
    • Warnock
    • Bentley
    • Emerton
    • Dunn
    • Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz

I am 28 years old so I don’t know much about the Liverpool domination in the 80's so when I started getting into football in the 90's I developed a hate for Man Utd and in particular Alex Ferguson. As the years roll on I have started to not mind Fergy all that much and actually enjoy seeing a Man U game. (although Gary Neville will always be a pleb) Given this gradual void being left Rafa Benitez's Liverpool are doing a grand job in becoming the team I am starting to get bitter and twisted about the most. On top of all this, there are Liverpool fans everywhere in the Isle of Man (given that Liverpool is the closest place to us) and so the banter is made even worse when you go down the boozer

Its not fair for them because:-

They always have the hardest fixture list

They always have the most injuries

The decisions always go against them

They play too many games at dinner time (because they get to be on sky every week when we haven’t been on once yet)

Rafa doesn’t have enough money

The Refs always give decisions against Peter Crouch

People tackle Torres and it shouldn’t be allowed

They haven’t spent as much money as the other teams

I went to the draw at Anfield last year and ‘The best fans in the world’ with ‘The best atmosphere’ were silent for most of the match. I thought that this is just because where we were sitting but after the match I spoke to some Liverpool fans who had flown over with us who said they couldn’t understand why it was so quiet. I also remember being outraged on a previous game I went to at Ewood – all I need to say is Cisse was offside and WAS interfering with play and you will know what I am talking about.

On top of all this I am also still very bitter about the way they snatched Bellers away from us (even though I blame him too) and they didn’t use him properly either (like so many players they get in)

I am also sick of hearing 5 being shouted from them too. If you want to wind a scouser back up though just start banging on about how they have never won the Premiership and they will probably come back with a load of old tosh about how its just a league which they are the kings of – NEVER give in though and stick to the Premiership story and they will forget about banging on about 5 and just get upset and start crying – I pray every season that they don’t win it.

Now, I will be at this game (first game of the season) and I will be bringing a scouser with me called Ian (who’s Mrs is also coming and she is a Rovers fan who was at Anfield in 95 with my Mrs) who came with me the last time I went to watch Rovers v Liverpool at Ewood (the Cisse cheat day) As with the Eveton preview where I got Richard Collie Collister to answer some questions I am doing with same with Ian.

I asked him these questions and this is what I got back first:-

As a Liverpool fan, what do you think of Blackburn as a club?

SH*&

At the start of this season you were very optimistic for the season ahead. Has this changed any due to tinker man the second?

NO

Where do you think your weaknesses are? (You don’t have to say Rafa)

None

Are you happy about moving away from Anfield?

Yep

Rafa has spent quite a bit of money this year. Who has been the best buy so far and who do you think has been the worst?

Torres/No bad buys.

Is there any particular encounter between Rovers and Liverpool that you remember the most?

No

Are there any Blackburn players that you fear going into the game?

No

Who should Blackburn be worried about from your side?

Everyone

What is your prediction for the match?

Rovers 0 Mighty Reds 10

I think I need to sort out this 1 Prem medal you lot have towards our 18.

IT’S THE SAME TROPHY JUST A DIFFERENT NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put that in!

He then did it properly realising that my rant about scousers was true:-

scouser.jpg

So………….

As a Liverpool fan, what do you think of Blackburn as a club?

A mid table club which top Prem teams don't enjoy playing. Very

physical side, and playing the top 4 seems to bring out the best of them.

At the start of this season you were very optimistic for the season

ahead. Has this changed any due to tinker man the second?

Very optimistic! Started well with a stable team. good back four,

Gerrard in the middle with Torres and Kuyt up front. Then the Portsmouth game changed all that when he decided to mix up a very confident team.

Where do you think your weaknesses are? (You don't have to say Rafa)

I think a good understanding with the front two. We have the players to win the league, we just need to stick with them, not change a winning team. Perfect example on Saturday with Vorronin and Kuyt, think they have only played once toghether prior to the derby.

Are you happy about moving away from Anfield?

Yes I am. Bigger capacity, more revenue and the owneres are looking to keep the kop and name etc... It seems to be in good hands.

Rafa has spent quite a bit of money this year. Who has been the best

buy so far and who do you think has been the worst?

Torres has to be the best buy, adapted better than could have imagined. I can't comment on worst buy yet as I feel the other players have not been given enough chances. If I had to choose Voronin seems to be a bit off the pace for the Premiership. Jury is still out.

Is there any particular encounter between Rovers and Liverpool that you remember the most?

The obvious one when you won the league at Anfield. Great result.

Are there any Blackburn players that you fear going into the game?

Not really, Bentley seems to be coming into form and will need to stay tight to Derbyshire if he gets a run out for the last 15 minutes or so.

Who should Blackburn be worried about from your side?

Torres if he starts, Samba will be turned inside out.

What is your prediction for the match?

0-1 Liverpool. Gerrard.

Thanks Ian :rolleyes:

My prediction is 1.1. I don’t think we will give them much space and Samba will eat Torres if he tries to run past him. Gerrard Pen for them through some dodgy decision and Pedersen for us.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great preview Cocker- that's the Scousers for you. Even the second interview revealed that edge of misplaced superiority complex.

Let's see if their injured trio recover by Saturday. Raffa might at least have good cause to reshuffle- his tinkering has cost the scallies at least four points so far this season.

Scally paper looks forwards. "We (Liverpool) are actually behind them in the League". Ooh, fancy that then.

Should be a classic clash provided the ref doesn't get too involved.

Liverpool is a game I always look forward to and this year it must be our biggest clash with them since 95. With Rovers sitting a point ahead of the scousers if we win I will start to believe a top four finish is possible, which is the first time I've even allowed myself to consider it. Ewood really should be sold out for this, the atmosphere should be scorching and the team must be up for the game. We always perform well against the better sides, so 3-1 to Rovers.................if only to help ease the bitterness Cocker is clearly weighed down by!

You can choose your friends but not your family. Step-son is Liverpool fan for no obvious reason :angry: he lives in Kent. Still, could be worse, his wife and her family are life long Arse fans..... we love 'em really but still <_<

Really looking forward to this match. The lads should be really buzzing and take no prisoners. Great to know they will not only have to worry about the strikers but Samba as well to say nothing about the others who are capable of chipping in the odd cheeky goal.

Could get a good result here if our defenders can start to do much better with winning crosses. The last two matches have exposed a certain weakness there imo. It's odd given that we have a Dutch international centre half paired with a 6'5" giant of a man.

Also we need a ref that does not swayed or pressurised by big club / media politics.

Not a bad read i spose. Blackburn away is deffo one of our harder games a bit like Bolton away used to be just a tricky tough and right battle of a game! Expect a big battle on Saturday and is a must win for us so hopefully will be fairly attacking. Although its one of the harder games it is one of the most looked forward to games by kopites beacuse of the amout of tickets and with it being a late kick off to should make the atmosphere even better.

Oh and my mate is a Blackburn fan but not on the net wants to know can he buy a ticket on the day because he tried phoning up your ticket office but couldnt get one. Cheers

Oh and my mate is a Blackburn fan but not on the net wants to know can he buy a ticket on the day because he tried phoning up your ticket office but couldnt get one. Cheers

Why when he phoned was he told that he couldnt have one?

Obviously Liverpool have some great attacking talents but we do to, if not better. I think if Nelsen is back him and Samba have to be ready for the threat of Torres as hes quite pacey and very intelligent when on the ball. Gerrard will obviously need a man on him so id say bring in the axe and put him on Gerrard. Id take a 0-0 as my wee brother is a scouser so i couldnt bare the winding up if we lost. Lets hope we dont have Clatternburg. ;)

Its time Rovers and the players get noticed so everyone needs to stand up and be counted, lets not give them an early/silly goal.

The atmosphere should be good as it will be a full house so everyone needs to get up for this game and have a chant, cmon we can do this.

Liverpool might be low on confidence after some recent poor results and if we keep the ball well we just may knacker them out(like arsenal) but we have a game in mid week lets hope that this dosent put us off our stride and i bet you Lawro puts this down as 2-0 to Liverpool.

Up the ROVERS!!!!!!!!!

Just phoned him and he said they wouldnt let him have one because he hasnt been to any of the other games or some thing?

When did he call them? I ask because when they first went on sale this was the case but I am sure you will be able to buy them over the phone now.

Not a bad read i spose. Blackburn away is deffo one of our harder games a bit like Bolton away used to be just a tricky tough and right battle of a game! Expect a big battle on Saturday and is a must win for us so hopefully will be fairly attacking. Although its one of the harder games it is one of the most looked forward to games by kopites beacuse of the amout of tickets and with it being a late kick off to should make the atmosphere even better.

You said the same thing about yesterday as well. You lot really have to get rid of Benitez. My brothers and many of my friends support liverpool and are all starting to come to the same conclusion (they were exceptionally blind/loyal).

I think Liverpool can be turned over at the moment. They're still not playing particularly well and the lack of a settled side is showing. Carragher in particular has got away with some incidents in the last two games, and will get caught eventually. Up front they're a mystery and haven't settled a good partnership and why the hell does he keep playing Sissoko? On the other hand, we've a settled side that are playing well together. Pedersen for a return in the next match?

I reckon that it'll be a pleasing win for the home crowd, 2-1 to the mighty Rovers and Max Benitez to finally get kicked out the door.

Cocker, pretty sure if he's never been to a game before he wont get one for this match.

He'll have to have some buying history as we'd have the home areas full of shellsuits otherwise.

Probably the reason why we aren't selling tickets for this match online either.

Just phoned him and he said they wouldnt let him have one because he hasnt been to any of the other games or some thing?

Not much of a fan if he hasn't been to any games and can't produce a mitigating reason (address overseas, etc)

Its possible Liverpool will be without Alonso, Torres & Mascherano according to BBC and they have already lost Pennant.

I honestly think we can get a result in this one, and I think a cold Saturday night at ewood might not be what some of their players like. Watch out for Kujt, he is one dirty, diving scouser!! Its about time we put the boot into one of the big boys and gave them a real rough battle! Can see Gerrard losing his head in this one.

2-1 Rovers, Liverpool down to 10 men.

Dunn back in the middle and pedersen back on the wing.

Wonder if it might be a game to rest Tugay and have a Mokoena Dunn centre midfield pairing (god i never thought id hear myself saying that)

I absolutely agree with that axe/dunn partnership for this game. Pedersen had better take his chance though.

I absolutely agree with that axe/dunn partnership for this game. Pedersen had better take his chance though.

Thirded. We do have a midweek game to worry about but all things going well I would go for this team:

-----------------Cruz

----------------Benni

Pedersen--------------------Bentley

-------------Dunn--Mokoena

Warnock---Nelsen--Samba--Emerton

-------------------Freidal

Subs: Brown, Ooijer, Reid?, Tugay, Derbyshire

.... Can see Gerrard losing his head in this one.

2-1 Rovers, Liverpool down to 10 men.

And which referee pray are we blessed with who would ever dare to send a Liverpool player off ?.. ( especially against Rovers! )

Clattenberg ?( @@@@@), Halsey? ( @@@@@) Bennett ?(@@@@@) Wiley?(****)

Liverpool and Utd are the two games when the club require home fans to have a previous buying history. The reasons are fairly obvious. If your friend isn't on the club's database it must be many, many years since he bought a ticket or has always paid cash at the ticket office window just before a match. Those with suspicious minds might think he was really a Liverpool fan without a ticket!! :rolleyes:

Also we need a ref that does not swayed or pressurised by big club / media politics.

That's about the top and bottom of it tnr, can you imagine if we got "Clattenburgled" like Everton did the other week!

Sadly I don't think such paragons of virtue exist. A defeat for Liverpool would virtually knock them out of the title race even at this early stage and Sky/The Premier League certainly wouldn't want that.

All that said, Liverpool still aren't remotely in the same League as Chelski/Arsenal/ManUre and if we play to our best we should win.

Really really hope we do. As opposed to Roar who thinks Benitez is the greatest manager in the history of the world, I think the Spaniard is the most over-rated.

Archived