• Emerton
    • Dunn
    • Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon Rovers are going to pull a shock out of the bag in this game and stamp their credentials as serious top 4 contenders for this season. The way things are shaping up this is definitely our big chance to take a top four place. COME ON ROVERS!!!

Rovers 5 - Liverpool 2

McCarthy hatrick

Bentley

Samba

Like other posters I'm a little bit concerned that the referee may be a bit biased towards Liverpool but I'm sure that

with a quiet word from his superiors S Gerrard (Knotty Ash) will curb his natural instincts and allow fair play to prevail

Col, had a late one last night and the noggin hurts. Stevie reffin' the game ?

:rock:

I'm really looking forward to this game. I believe that if we win this one, then we have a good chance of qualifying for the Champions League. We are at home, we are playing well and winning matches and this game will say a lot about the quality of our side and if we are able to compete with the bigger teams. Liverpool have a number of injury problems and aren't playing particularly well. We have to take advantage of this. I believe that we can win this 3-1. McCarthy, Bentley and Santa Cruz getting our goals, with Torres scoring for them. Hopefully there will be 25,000 + crowd for this one.

I'm really looking forward to this game. I believe that if we win this one, then we have a good chance of qualifying for the Champions League. We are at home, we are playing well and winning matches and this game will say a lot about the quality of our side and if we are able to compete with the bigger teams. Liverpool have a number of injury problems and aren't playing particularly well. We have to take advantage of this. I believe that we can win this 3-1. McCarthy, Bentley and Santa Cruz getting our goals, with Torres scoring for them. Hopefully there will be 25,000 + crowd for this one.

Torres is injured. :rover:

1994/95

P10 W6 D3 L1 F21 A8

2007/08

P10 W6 D3 L1 F15 A9

In 94/95 we'd just beaten Liverpool 3-2 at home, and were about to play Man United.

Here we are about to play Liverpool and United again - and if we avoid defeat on Saturday we'll have started better than the Championship season! Can't help but wonder what this team would be like with a young Alan Shearer leading the line?!?!

Nelsen back for this, replacing Ooijer?

Didn't see the whole game against Spurs, and I do like Ooijer in central defence, but surely Nelsen IS a better choice?

Yes Nelson is the better choice. Brad was the reason Spuds didnt score more not Ooijer.

1994/95

P10 W6 D3 L1 F21 A8

2007/08

P10 W6 D3 L1 F15 A9

In 94/95 we'd just beaten Liverpool 3-2 at home, and were about to play Man United.

Here we are about to play Liverpool and United again - and if we avoid defeat on Saturday we'll have started better than the Championship season! Can't help but wonder what this team would be like with a young Alan Shearer leading the line?!?!

The championsip winning season saw us end up on 89 points off 42 games, over the last three seasons the total points have been 89, 91, 95 off 38 games so its clear to see how much the bar has been raised. I'd be over the moon if we have our usual good second half to the season and gatecrash the top 4 but a top 6 place would still be a hell of an ahievment when you see what the likes of West Ham, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Spurs, have spent over the close season.

Will it even sell out? You lot can never sell your ground out can you?

kopite - do this and then come back and let us know what your crowds would be :-

Get rid of Everton and then reduce the population of Liverpool to just 105,000.

Of that 105,000 get rid of a further 28,000 and replace them with Asians who hardly ever set foot inside a football ground.

Make it so that five miles east of Liverpool you were then in the territory of another established league club.

Five miles north and you were in another.

Nine miles south and you were in another.

That's what it's like for us. Getting around 20k home fans each game is nothing short of a miracle and hopefully against you lot we'll have 22k.

No offence mate but none of the numpties in the media have any idea what our circumstances are 'cos they can't be arsed to check. All they see are a few thousand empty seats because of the size of our stadium (if truth were known a little bit too big for the town's population) and go on about it until they're blue in the face. :brfc:

I really hope Nelson is fit for this one, Oolier is far too slow and does not read the game as good as Samba and Nelson.Thank goodness we had Fredel on good form last Sunday as otherwise we would have ben turned over.

Oiijer reads the game fantastically, and he's pretty quick as well. I think you've been watching someone else.

Oolier is far too slow and does not read the game as good as Samba and Nelson.

Actually, I'd say he reads the game better than Samba. Samba is an awesome player, but his main strengths are elsewhere, at least the way I see it.

We all interpret new information through our preconceived notions, i.e to a certain extent we see or hear what we expect and/or want to see or hear. Since Ooijer had a very poor first couple of games for us, people expect him to be poor and thus spot any little mistakes he does. Whereas when a player has been great to begin with, people tend to expect him to stay that way and are so oblivious to the small mistakes every player makes during a game. Thus, if Ooijer and another player were to play identical games, down to every last detail, the majority of people would say Ooijer was the worse of the two. Pretty straightforward human behaviour.

That being said, Nelsen should come back in the side if he's 100% fit as he's the captain and was very good before the injury. Plus, he's a better player than Ooijer, but even so I wouldn't be worried even if Ooijer did start as he's still a good defender.

To be fair, he could probably score a hatrick on Saturday and I still wouldn't like him

Well said! Good to see someone willing to admit that they just don't like a player even if it may not be right.

To the other poster, Samba has great central defensive instincts most of the time, his positioning is very good. Oojier has the experience as well, though. He's not the fastest either, I prefer Nelsen and Samba as a partnership. Ooijer and Samba's pretty damn good too, so whichever is picked I'll be happy. Especially as Nelsen's been out - we need to start fast on this one.

Edit: Mascherano's back in training, so may make Saturday's match

will you win the premier league ?

Wont know that till around May time mate or may be earlier if we keep playing the way we are.

I find it funny the way eveyone is still banging on about our mate Clatts so much. Yes he had a nightmare (if your a bluenose) and yes we were lucky but if you want to be like that look at when we played Chelsea at home, robbed of 2 points by a crazy pen given to them by the ref. It evens it self out over the season.

Makes my blood boil, that does.

What law of physics proves that load of garbage?

Get a grip. God you lot really do sound like a load of bitter blue noses.

Of course its not good enough for me and i would rather the ref got it spot on every time but hes not going to, human error is natural. What im trying to say is normally over the season you will get good decisions go your way and you will get bad decisions go your way. True or not?

And do some of you lot really believe there that refs try to give the decisions to the 'big clubs'? If you honestly believe this then you believe that football is corrupt and the 'smaller clubs' are being cheated, no? I didnt come here to argue but some of the stuff posted in here is an absolute joke.

Archived