• Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cocker

Do you fly or sail?

What's the best route and what's the cost?

:brfc:

Well, this time we are coming on the boat and bringing a car because we have to goto - Southport - Manchester - Blackburn so it will be easier. The car plus two is £152. There are two foot passengers coming too and they pay about £40 each. We are coming into Heysham (because they are stopping coming to Liverpool for the winter) and coming back from Liverpool. Normally though we come on the plane (to Liverpool) which is around £100 each - but then we have the train fare/hotel on top of that.

So as you can see, for such a short distance it can be quite expensive.

Well, this time we are coming on the boat and bringing a car because we have to goto - Southport - Manchester - Blackburn so it will be easier. The car plus two is £152. There are two foot passengers coming too and they pay about £40 each. We are coming into Heysham (because they are stopping coming to Liverpool for the winter) and coming back from Liverpool. Normally though we come on the plane (to Liverpool) which is around £100 each - but then we have the train fare/hotel on top of that.

You are bringing the car? We are playing Liverpool, is that wise?

Ta very much.

Are there no flights to/from Blackpool?

You are bringing the car? We are playing Liverpool, is that wise?

Ha Ha, well actually, its our car thats staying and the other couple we are going with are driving so maybe I am wise :rolleyes:

MCMC1875 Posted Today, 08:54

QUOTE(Cocker @ Nov 1 2007, 08:43 )

Ta very much.

Are there no flights to/from Blackpool?

I dont think they run very often to be honest and its on a plane that fits about 2 people

I still have not seen a loss by Rovers live so hopefully not this time either, last Rovers-Liverpool game was back in 2002 though when Andy Cole resqued a point. Off from Sweden tomorrow so a bit nervous now, have a strange feeling that my car will break down or passport not valid or flight check-in wont let me on for some idiotic reason. Still 2-1 to Rovers on saturday.

Any mixed pubs on saturday by the way? (My friend is Pool)

I still have not seen a loss by Rovers live so hopefully not this time either, last Rovers-Liverpool game was back in 2002 though when Andy Cole resqued a point. Off from Sweden tomorrow so a bit nervous now, have a strange feeling that my car will break down or passport not valid or flight check-in wont let me on for some idiotic reason. Still 2-1 to Rovers on saturday.

You wont get him in the Aquaduct probably and you wont get in the fernhurt. I reckon you should goto the Postal Order in town or The Mournings - just up from the Aquaduct (apologies if I have spelt any of these names wrong)

You wont get him in the Aquaduct probably and you wont get in the fernhurt. I reckon you should goto the Postal Order in town or The Mournings - just up from the Aquaduct (apologies if I have spelt any of these names wrong)

Ok, heard about the postal before and i think i have seen The mournings. Thanks alot.

As long as your mate doesn't wear his colours you should both get in the Fox & Hounds near Ewood, or the Brown Cow and the White Bull on Livesey Branch Road.

The Norwegian lads are coming over for the game but not exactly sure where they intend to hang out. :brfc:

Just had a Liverpool Season ticket holder in the office. He's worried about Saturday following what he dsecribed as a mauling by Arsenal last week. Liverpool are not playing brilliant, though I mentioned to him they had not been beaten either, but he still thought they were there for the taking as Rafa's rotation was causing a lot of confusion out on the pitch IHO. Voronin and Kuyt were in the wide positions in a five man midfield and he asked why, both have no pace.

Two months ago Rovers were great and we were competing for a Champions League position. A month ago we were way overated and average at best, gaining a UEFA Cup spot would be a good season. Now we have won 7 straight, unbeaten away in the League we are back to excellent!?!?!?! We are picking up more points/wins at the moment than our play suggests. A sign of a good team or one just in a rich streak of form? Be interesting on Saturday...

Friedal**** Kinish - Samba - Nelsen - Warnock **** Bentley - Emerton - Dunn - Pederson*** Rocki - Benni

Pederson, Bentley, Emerton are perhaps our three fittest players. Kinish and Nelsen will shore up the defence. Tuggs on the bench.

Oh dear kopite. You're living off the tales your old man told you yet living the life of a virgin yourself.

Whilst we have had the real thing- in your backyard!

Tell me, if (and its not going to happen any time soon) you ever win the Premiership, will it be a case of a shrug and "oh that's number 19" or will the whole city seize up for days of celebration and joy that you have finally landed the big one? Deep down, you know the answer to that one, don't you?

One nil to the Rovers my friend.

Are you really that mental? Call it what ever you like, it is the top flight of English football and we have one it 18 times. It can be called any thing but it still means the same, champions of English football. So if we win it again it will be number 19 not 1 you divvy. We have 5 European cups not 4 European cups and 1 Champions league. I have full respect for when you won it at Anfield and ill think you will find the whole of the kop did back then who all stayed and clapped you. I dont hate Blackburn one bit you deserved to win it that year and did, fair play to you. So many of you on here seem very bitter towards Liverpool and want a row with every post. I want to talk about football not explain to people that football didnt start again because they changed the name of the league from Divison one to the Prem.

and there was me thinking only Arsenal, Man U, Chealsea and Blackburn rovers have won the Premier league.

I must have missed something, cos I've seen the Premier league trophy and Liverpools name can't be seen on it.

Are you really that mental? Call it what ever you like, it is the top flight of English football and we have one it 18 times. It can be called any thing but it still means the same, champions of English football. So if we win it again it will be number 19 not 1 you divvy. We have 5 European cups not 4 European cups and 1 Champions league. I have full respect for when you won it at Anfield and ill think you will find the whole of the kop did back then who all stayed and clapped you. I dont hate Blackburn one bit you deserved to win it that year and did, fair play to you. So many of you on here seem very bitter towards Liverpool and want a row with every post. I want to talk about football not explain to people that football didnt start again because they changed the name of the league from Divison one to the Prem.

Hah, that's why we say that. It drives Liverpool fans mad :)

I'll always remember when Redknapp scored that free kick, the Liverpool fans went mad - for about 1 minute. Then everyone quietened down, thinking "Did we just give the title to Man U?" The scenes at the end of the game were magic, everyone was celebrating.

Archived