BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup Qtr Fnl. Home To Arsenal

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's worse draws we could have got. At least we'll be at Ewood. That's the main thing I was hoping for. Plus, at least one of Chelski or Liverpool will be out going into the Semis. Interesting that probably the top 4 clubs remaining got drawn against each other. We can't really cry foul since we at least got the home match.

Well that's us up for another 4-0 win on route to our 2nd league cup title then :)

Seriously though, If Arsene throws his youngsters at us we should win this.

There's no if here. I'm pretty certain Arsenal will play their youngsters in every round of this cup.

Great draw - just what I wanted.

If Wenger plays the same side that played at Sheff utd we'll win.

Chelsea also play Liverpool which would really open a trip to Wembley up if we got through.

Those kids are gonna be worth millions, they are hungry and have skill,passion and SPEED. It wont be as easy as you suggest.

Anyone but Arsenal.

Poxy draw.

Why exactly? You been to Ewood recently jimbo ? If you can get you wheelchair down there you will find a pretty hard to beat Rovers side on the park. A team that the big guns wanted to avoid.

Well that's us up for another 4-0 win on route to our 2nd league cup title then :)

Seriously though, If Arsene throws his youngsters at us we should win this.

see first quote.

Suvern softies

:rover:

EXACTLY what I thought, girlie noknobs

Quite happy with the draw. As has been said it won't be easy but it is definately winable. Arsenal youth are beatable with our first team.

The draw could've been a lot worse especially when for most teams (Spurs, City, maybe even Liverpool?) it's their best chance at a trophey and we'd be facing their strongest side, which would be arguably a harder prospect.

Biggest concern for me is fatigue amongst our players, especially considering the injuries we have.

Is history repeating itself - I hope so.

Not phased by this draw at all, we are at home and thats what counts for me I feel we always have a chance Ewood. I'm quite excited by the opportunity we have to show Arsenal that they cannot be so arrogant as to play their reserves and still feel they can beat anyone, not on our patch boys!

ditto ont he TV side of things in the states....

However, a thought just occurred to me... Progresing agasint the Arse is vital. With Rovers and Arse lined up, Chelsea and Liverpool lines up, Man U and Pompey already out.... That means Its possible for all 4 of the current top 4 to be out at the next hurdle. In the last few years with all big club finals, that UEFA cup spot has fallen to the next league position, but if none of the usual Champs league qualifiers are there, its likely that the winner of this cup will get in, taking a league qualification spot away.

Those kids are gonna be worth millions, they are hungry and have skill,passion and SPEED. It wont be as easy as you suggest.

The reason I think we'll win is because i watched the Sheff Utd game and didn't think they were that good. For all the commentators orgasms about them they gave the ball away in midfield quite a bit and got caught on they break quite a bit. They're talented but naive. Arsenal finished 3rd in the Prem last season. Do you really believe their youngsters would finish around the same places. Would they hell. Arsenals second XI is not a top six Premier League side. We're at home and there's no way we should be feeling the panic that some people think. We should be favourites and we should win.

In fact that's a question to all. Where do you think the Arsenal younsters side that played at Sheff Utd would finish in the Premier League (team below). I think they'd start off well, get sussed out and be no better than midtable..

Fabianski, Justin Hoyte, Song Billong, Diarra, Gibbs, Diaby (Perez 88), Denilson, Silva, Walcott (Lansbury 83), Bendtner, Eduardo (Barazite 85).

Watching Arsenal completely outclass Reading tonight. It has been like a training ground excercise from start to finish.

Reading just cannot get anywhere near them. Cannot remember seeing such a one sided match in the Premierhsip for a while.

Only 3 nil to Arsenal currently, but game has never been a contest.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy with this draw, yes France are good but if you get a chance to play someone's academy (No matter who they are) at this stage of a cup you'd take it and I hope we give them a royal stuffing and the 200 that make the journey (Why is their away following so rubbish for a "Massive" club?) can go home and complain of how violent we are over their warm & expensive shandy, go back to their 1 million pound box above a kebab shop and compare house prices and breathe smog!

Bring them on. :rover:

...and the 200 that make the journey (Why is their away following so rubbish for a "Massive" club?)

To be fair, the last 3 or 4 times they played at Ewood they have brought plenty. I was going to say brought up, but it's more likely that they are northern and midlands based Arsenal supporters, taking advantage of the cheat seats at Ewood. In fact for the FA cup replay last season they brought around 3~4,000 IIRC on a horrible midweek night match. I was impressed anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Will be interesting to see what team they play! I wouldnt be suprised if Fabregas plays 'to help him recover/ gain fitness' after his injury and maybe even Van Persie.

Just bought my tickets now, suprised nobody had snapped up our seats in the lower BBE. Any news on ticket sales for this game?

Archived