BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup Qtr Fnl. Home To Arsenal

Will be interesting to see what team they play! I wouldnt be suprised if Fabregas plays 'to help him recover/ gain fitness' after his injury and maybe even Van Persie.

Just bought my tickets now, suprised nobody had snapped up our seats in the lower BBE. Any news on ticket sales for this game?

I would have thought RVP would play on Sunday - so they might not want to play him on Tuesday too so soon after injury. As for Fabregas - that could be possible - hopefully Arsene will not want to risk him against our "violent" team. :rolleyes:

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have to agree with Waggy,the time of year and the fact its on sky are going to kill the crowd.....15,000 at a push.

2-1 ROVERS! :rover:

I find that a bit bizarre. I'd much rather win on tuesday and lose to Chelsea later at the weekend. I know we're battling for our 6th semi final appearance in 7 years but are we all spoilt enough to think that is the norm now??

I find that a bit bizarre. I'd much rather win on tuesday and lose to Chelsea later at the weekend. I know we're battling for our 6th semi final appearance in 7 years but are we all spoilt enough to think that is the norm now??

Not at all. I'm much more spoilt- let's have a cup this time! ;)

:( second home game in a row I will miss due to my dicky knee, I cant recall the last time it happened tht I missed two home games on the bounce, must be way back in the early 80's.

I think Rovers may miss out on this game so it is punishment by tv for me.

I think I'd rather beat Chelsea. So many good teams are still in this that are chances of winning aren't great, whereas 3 unexpected points in the league could be very useful come the end of the season. I don't think we'll get a win in either of the games, but I wouldn't mind a nice christmas after a win in both. This is our better chance of winning as we should really be better than Arsenal's young(ish) side.

So many good teams are still in this that are chances of winning aren't great,

Hang on - if we beat Arsenal and avoid the winners of the Chelsea - Liverpool game the semi-final choice will be Everton (drawn away) Man City (beat at home) or Spurs (beat away). They're all good teams and we aren't currently playing well but it's not that hard.

Everyone in defence. Give Benni a mini kick up the arse for this one by leaving him on the bench. He'll come on for the last half hour break away down the left with 5 minutes remaining cut inside the lumbersome Senderos and rifle one into the far corner past the flailing Almunia! Don't know if it was a dream just get the feeling i've seen that somewhere before

:rolleyes:

I would have thought RVP would play on Sunday - so they might not want to play him on Tuesday too so soon after injury. As for Fabregas - that could be possible - hopefully Arsene will not want to risk him against our "violent" team. :rolleyes:

Well I would have thought if anyone was going to play on Tuesday it would be RVP now after him being a sub on Sunday! :rolleyes:

Goodness. In the past we have performed decently when we have effectively closed them down and stifled their play. That is the side fo our game which is in tatters at the moment, so I think, to be brutally honest, we are going to struggle- even against their kids.

That said it does give us a chance to shuffle the team around and see if any of the squad can make a decent claim for the berth of one of our underperformers (of which there are many!) In that light I would go for this team:

---------Cruz-----Derbyshire

Treacy---Dunn---Reid-----Bentley

Warnock--Nelsen--Zurab--Emerton

-----------------Freidal

Subs: Roberts, Brown, Henchoz, Savage, Pedersen

Not a great team to be honest but unless we recall Mokoena we have few other options. Pedersen, McCarthy and Savage all looked desperately off the pace on Saturday.

Us to lose 2-1

Goodness. In the past we have performed decently when we have effectively closed them down and stifled their play. That is the side fo our game which is in tatters at the moment, so I think, to be brutally honest, we are going to struggle- even against their kids.

That said it does give us a chance to shuffle the team around and see if any of the squad can make a decent claim for the berth of one of our underperformers (of which there are many!) In that light I would go for this team:

---------Cruz-----Derbyshire

Treacy---Dunn---Reid-----Bentley

Warnock--Nelsen--Zurab--Emerton

-----------------Freidal

Subs: Roberts, Brown, Henchoz, Savage, Pedersen

Not a great team to be honest but unless we recall Mokoena we have few other options. Pedersen, McCarthy and Savage all looked desperately off the pace on Saturday.

Us to lose 2-1

I think Treacy might be suspended.

I think Arsenal will definitely have to play the reserves/youths, as they had a big game on Sunday. But have no illusions, they'll still have a better team than us. Our advantage though will be our experience and hopefully the severe kick in the ass every player received after the Wigan game.

It'll be nice to get to the semis.

Archived