BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup Qtr Fnl. Home To Arsenal

Be interesting what kind of team arsenal play.

But then again i suspect it wont matter as we really are the drizzling ###### at the moment.

Rovers 0 Arsenal 216,402

To score that many will require at least 2000 goals per minute.

They're not quite supermen...

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting pre-match comments from Hughes.

He says we have gone soft and not as competitive (as a team).

Also, apparently Derbs is going to start instead of Benni. Regardless of form, I would put Benni on the bench for this one. Looking forward to Cruz and Matty up-front (if that is what it is to be).

missing this one due to a meeting in London Tuesday evening.

would normally arrange work around the footie but can't be bothered this time.

sorry boys; it's been a long time since I have felt like this but i've missed 3 home games on the trot and can't get motivated.

Snap, I too have missed the last 3 home games, dont know when their playing half the time, (Saturday / Sunday Tuesday / Wednesday 3pm,4pm,5pm 8pm, )

There's a season ticket in my wallet, yet there is no motivation to use it.

Snap, I too have missed the last 3 home games, dont know when their playing half the time, (Saturday / Sunday Tuesday / Wednesday 3pm,4pm,5pm 8pm, )

There's a season ticket in my wallet, yet there is no motivation to use it.

Honestly fellas this kind of attitude makes me want to weep, yes your entitled to your views, not saying your not for a second. Yes its been a poor couple of months, but our club from our little town is STILL a top half Premier League club despite one of the lowest turnovers and playing budgets in the top flight.

These really are the glory days for our club, it WILL NOT last for ever and when we are floundering in the lower reaches of the Championship in a few years time, and good people like yourselves cannot 'get motivated' for a Tuesday night game against QPR in front of 12/13k at Ewood I'll remind you that it wasnt always like this. Oh no we had a team full of internationals, a highly sought fter manager and coaching staff, an average crowd of 23/24 thousand, regulars in Europe and the latter rounds of the cups

p.s 'dont know when they are playing' a quick look on a thousand websites would tell you, yes I get the point, however most of our fixture movements have been because of Europe, yet if we did not push for Europe each season it would be 'the clubs stagnating, going nowhere etc etc' Blackburn Rovers really are in a o win situation arent they, this complacency will come back to haunt us.

Tingling with excitement on this one- a bit like going to a really scary horror movie; don't know why I am looking forwards but I am. Just hope the meetings end in time to see some of it.

My head says the kids will utterly humiliate us. My heart says 16,000 maybe 18,000 will make a heck of a din and the Rovers will turn on a performance of heroic proportions.

So its a defeat on penalties after 120 goalless minutes then.

I must be certifiably insane but I've got my ticket for this one.

60 mile round trip, freeze my nadgers off in the Blackburn End, won't get home until 23:30.

Managed to blag a car parking space at work. Packed the thermal long-johns, the thermal vest, woolly hat, the Docs & woolly socks, the fleece, the coat, put the antifreeze in the car radiator & in the washer.

Made some soup for a flask which will make me seem like a 60 years old, but it's got eleventeen chillis in it. Which should shock the brother who sits next to me.

(Cackles insanely)

We'll lose, I'll have a long journey back home.......

Boody football, bloody Rovers

Tingling with excitement on this one- a bit like going to a really scary horror movie; don't know why I am looking forwards but I am. Just hope the meetings end in time to see some of it.

So you should be, it's a Quater final FFS.

I can't be doing with all this 'I can't get motivated' crap

Is it possible that Hughes will play The Axe as a right back?

The Axe, Samba, Nelsen, Warnock

Dunn and Savage in midfield Gamst left Bents right

Santa Derbyshire

Benni as super sub.

Benni to score on the 80th minute and run to Hughes pointing at the number on his back. We will win 1-0 after having Samba sent off for two yellows.

Not looking forward to this at all. It's going to be colder than cold, after Saturday's result it's hard to believe we can get anything from this match but we will be there, expecting to be miserable. The biggest thing we have going for us is Hughes will have given the players one almighty rollicking which is enough to send me to the ground believing we will win, even though my head says we'll lose.

If that makes any sense?

I don't know if this is more Arsene mind games but the Times are reporting:

Arsenal (from) Fabianski; J Hoyte, Senderos, Song, Traoré, Diaby, Gilberto, Song, Walcott, Bendtner, Eduardo, Mannone, G Hoyte, Song, Diarra, Denilson, Lansbury, Pérez, Barazite, Gallas.

If that is the squad that has travelled, all I can say is we need our backsides kicking if we are not in the semi-final draw.

Maybe sparky will go for a 4-5-1 formation tonight with RSC up front on his own :

-----------Friedel

Zurab---Samba---Nelsen---Warnock

-----------Tugay

Bentley---Sav---Reid---MGP

--------Santa Cruz

Subs:

Benni

Dunn

Derbs

Axe

Brown

I think this would work because Tugay will sit back which will allow Reid and Sav to support Santa Cruz. If it goes wrong there are plenty of options on the bench as well.

I think we'll win 4-0, with a Jansen hat-trick and one from Sparky :xmas:

Or Benni will come off the bench and banjo one in the top right hand corner of the Blackburn End goal?

This all seems vaguely familar.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this. Good work from Hughes in the build up - Refs favour the big teams - Arsenal rough people up as well etc. Regardless of all that, this will all end in mindless premeditated violence on our part. Northern Scum.

We'll win. The ref will jump in and stop it in the 9th round.

Or Benni will come off the bench and banjo one in the top right hand corner of the Blackburn End goal?

This all seems vaguely familar.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this. Good work from Hughes in the build up - Refs favour the big teams - Arsenal rough people up as well etc. Regardless of all that, this will all end in mindless premeditated violence on our part. Northern Scum.

We'll win. The ref will jump in and stop it in the 9th round.

Just a shame Sheffield Wednesday aren't still in the competition, as a Tottenham final is still on.

I think we're over priced at 9/5 at home against Arsenal reserves - even though we have been rubbish lately. I still don't bet on us though - so I've just put a tenner on Arsenal to kick-off at 19/20.

Archived