BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup Qtr Fnl. Home To Arsenal

Dunno what the crowd is going to be - other than relatively small :(

No queue at all this afternoon for tickets- horrible cold night, poor run of results, game on the telly - all points to a lower than desirable gate who will, of course, be treated to a footballing spectacle and the pleasure of seeing Rovers stick one up the Arsenal.

I'll be there (unless there's crown green bowling on at my local darby & joan club, or a naughty spotty teenager decides to call my 80 year old dad a c*** in which case I'll be off to Greenbank).

Come on you Blues - time to step up to the mark

Friedel

Kane Zurab Nelsen Warnock

Toogs Reidy

Bents MGP

Derbs

Roque

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't underestimate that squad because of their age Paul. Technically, they will be better than 90% of our team.

Oh yes I agree den. I was just amused by the age of the team we will be facing tonight. I'm sure Wenger believes they are good enough to do the job. We have two things in our favour; Hughes will have given the entire team a severe bollocking this week plus we should have the experience to deal with a young side in whatever manner is necessary. I'm not advocating thuggery but I feel the experienced professionals in our side should be capable of dealing with the enthusiasm of youth.

This is a good chance for another semi. Lets go for it. Flask and blanket at the ready ;)

Oh yes I agree den. I was just amused by the age of the team we will be facing tonight. I'm sure Wenger believes they are good enough to do the job. We have two things in our favour; Hughes will have given the entire team a severe bollocking this week plus we should have the experience to deal with a young side in whatever manner is necessary. I'm not advocating thuggery but I feel the experienced professionals in our side should be capable of dealing with the enthusiasm of youth.

This is a good chance for another semi. Lets go for it. Flask and blanket at the ready ;)

Yep, that's the word Paul - experience. Assuming Arse do put out a very young side, let's see what the worth of our older players actually is. It SHOULD be enough to overcome that youthful squad. Other teams have found it's not that easy though.

Team news-

Reid to RB, Dunn with Sav in the middle, Derbs replaces Benni. Otherwise its Wigan again.

Subs includes Benni and Jason Roberts. Zura, Axe and Brown the others.

So no kids for us.

Their team is a bit young. On paper we could very well turn them over tonight - so happy.

COME ON ROVERS.

Not only will this be good for the cup run moral should be boosted (probably not benni though for being on the bench)

Hughes comments just now putting pressure on the ref to leave us alone

Memories and a timely reminder that one moment of stupidity can ruin a lifelong career !

On paper that Arsenal team look like fledglings to the slaughter but I honestly think Rovers are in for a shock especially if they think they can just oust Arsene's kids ! I am looking forward to seeing how they adapt their football to Rovers aggressive style of play.

Still thinking an Arsenal win tho :mellow:

You can tell that we have no confidence at all.

We usually pass the ball around a lot, today we've just gone long every ball.

I think Santa is the only one who's tried to play it down to feet but Peders just hoofs it to their goalie.

Very frustrating to watch so far!

Archived