• Betnley
    • Dunn
    • Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like many who have already posted, I'm not prepared to pay £39, even though I could be there in 15 minutes from my house!

I really hope we go 4-5-1, depending on the fitness of Mokoena. I just don't see the merit in making it an open, attacking game, as it will just give there star players more room to play. A repeat of the 0-0 in Hughes' first season, when we completely stifled them, will do me fine.

Im not going due to the high ticket prices, if it was £25-£30 then id probably be there!

Interested to note going into another big game that we have only conceded 2 in 5 games against the others in the top 7.

City (0), Liverpool (0), Arsenal (1), Chelsea (0), Pompey (1)

I'm going, not happy at the £39 but that's probably because we are spoilt with cheap tickets at Rovers.

A draw would be a great result, maybe another nil nil if Rooney is off his finishing like last year.

If we're going to lose then I'll be happy if we score a goal, just for something to cheer about!

Hate not going to this with us doing so well but I'm not prepared to contribute 39 quid towards servicing the Glazers debt as a point of principle.

On the field I can certainly see us springing a surprise if we're at our best but we'll have to play better than we did against Spurs and Liverpool.

mcarthy can drop back into midfield..

upfront on their own, id say roque santa cruz is better, but mcarthy has been in brilliant form, so you cant really drop either of them...

if you attack ferdinand and vidic, especially ferdinand, they may well panic..

im not expecting anything from here, would be great if we got something tho..

Can't see us getting anything from this. United seems to have hit their stride, and they're a quite formidable team. Our chance would be to capitalize on their mistakes, while at the same time not making (m)any ourselves. But I'm still doubtful.

A tad harsh, perhaps? He's been working very hard since he got back on the team

OK "tackles less than your average striker" would be fairer. Given my tendency to see red when reading criticism of Benni I should concede that.

I still reckon he'll never be a midfielder as long as there's a hole in his ass, though.

my point exactly...

hes been working hard, so that was my thinking..

My saying Benni's not a midfielder is not a criticism, nor a denial he's been working hard. He's just not that sort of player.

It's like saying Oojer's been playing well (his cool display impressed me no end on Saturday), he should go up front for a game.

We've got possibly the toughest game if the season this weekend. Hardly the time to be playing people out of position if we can avoid it.

b12 simon, im not saying drop him completely in midfield, im saying behind cruz, but mcarthy to help out in midfield...

so the line up cud be or along the lines of..

bentley....mokoena...dunn...pedersen

......................mcarthy.............

.........................cruz...........................

Archived