BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ticket Farce

Fair enough, Dan, but there is also the question of JAL's post

IF that is true - it needs stopping.

dont the police have a clue what is going on though?

surely they would know about groups of people congregating and looking at tickets!!!

but if this is true, the police need telling that they arent doing the job they are being paid to do, as well as stewards

NO ONE should be let in without the ticket going through the electronic ticket code regardless!!

• 2 weeks later...

I raised the issues on this thread at the Fans' Forum last night. I will send a pm to Dan about his particular situation.

Tom Finn was keen to refute the stories that there had been widespread forgeries at the game. He particularly stated that there were less people who entered the Darwen End than tickets had been sold, which certainly doesn't suggest a lot of forged tickets.

On duplicate tickets, there are always a small number of duplicates issued at every game, usually when fans say that they don't receive the tickets they ordered in the post. The club has to make a judgement on whether these claims are genuine or a potential scam to get extra tickets to sell on - the longer your history of buying tickets the more likely they will believe you - everyone knows some post gets lost. They now have the ability to cancel the original tickets so that if they were found or stolen from the post and sold on they should not be able to be used. It's not clear whether this would cover what happened to Dan.

I raised the issues on this thread at the Fans' Forum last night. I will send a pm to Dan about his particular situation.

Tom Finn was keen to refute the stories that there had been widespread forgeries at the game. He particularly stated that there were less people who entered the Darwen End than tickets had been sold, which certainly doesn't suggest a lot of forged tickets.

On duplicate tickets, there are always a small number of duplicates issued at every game, usually when fans say that they don't receive the tickets they ordered in the post. The club has to make a judgement on whether these claims are genuine or a potential scam to get extra tickets to sell on - the longer your history of buying tickets the more likely they will believe you - everyone knows some post gets lost. They now have the ability to cancel the original tickets so that if they were found or stolen from the post and sold on they should not be able to be used. It's not clear whether this would cover what happened to Dan.

Refuted the stories ...... mmmmmm :huh:

Is something being misconstrued or misunderstood here or am I missing something

Are we talikng Scousers in the home ends / away end or both - as something doesn't add up.

Liverpool fans openly admitted they had been stood up as there where not enough seats - and it looked pretty packed to me in the Darwen End - so less bodies than tickets sold seems questionable.

Liverpool fans in the home ends - how would they know the details of where tickets where sent to / stolen - any reports of this? Who do we use for delivery - Royal mail?

Friend of mine went as a Liverpool supporter to the Darwen end and could not believe that the automatic turnstiles were not manned and that 2 people could get through with each ticket with one swing of the turnstile with no steward challenging them.

Not surprising they had to stand - there were not enough seats!

Friend of mine went as a Liverpool supporter to the Darwen end and could not believe that the automatic turnstiles were not manned and that 2 people could get through with each ticket with one swing of the turnstile with no steward challenging them.

Not surprising they had to stand - there were not enough seats!

My friends went in with the Liverpool fans too, security didn't let them get to the turnstiles until they showed them the tickets?

This situation should theoretically be easy for the system to void ticket numbers or barcodes. Let's imagine for a second that someone genuinely gets their tickets through the post but reports them as 'lost' and they get sent a second batch. Each ticket (not seat) should have a unique ID, unknown to punters, which should then be easily voided/blacklisted whenever someone reports them as lost. Similar to cancelling a credit card. When someone comes to try and scan it in at the turnstile, it will deny entry.

I thought the system would already do this... if it doesn't then it's been poorly designed!

From what was said on Monday night I don't think the system was voiding the original tickets but it is now and they are also marking the second tickets as duplicates. Whether the system could not do it before or the club had never seen the need I don't know.

I think it maybe too late but the extra two tickets I ordered for the Liverpool game have finally arrived!

Sack the board.

If anyone knows any scousers who may wish to sit in the home end please get them to PM me. Will sell them cheap. :brfcsmilie:

The problem I dont think people understand with me, is that i had two IDENTICAL tickets by the end of the game - one I took off someone else to complain about. So thats not down to the system cancelling the old one and issuing a new one, its the same f'in thing issued twice!!

The problem I dont think people understand with me, is that i had two IDENTICAL tickets by the end of the game - one I took off someone else to complain about. So thats not down to the system cancelling the old one and issuing a new one, its the same f'in thing issued twice!!

Maybe someone who you know contacted the Ticket Office before the game purporting to be yourself asking for duplicate tickets as the previous ones had been lost and then flogged them to some Liverpool fans. Same thing happened with a mate of mine where someone called the Ticket Office saying that they were him and got a duplicate ticket just like that.

I am sure the Ticket Office would be able to investigate that for you.

Maybe someone who you know contacted the Ticket Office before the game purporting to be yourself asking for duplicate tickets as the previous ones had been lost and then flogged them to some Liverpool fans. Same thing happened with a mate of mine where someone called the Ticket Office saying that they were him and got a duplicate ticket just like that.

I am sure the Ticket Office would be able to investigate that for you.

I didnt buy them, old mans mate bought them for me so its taking longer to get the info from him i need

You mean a duplicate had been issued?

Im pretty sure that is what has been reported back on?

Archived