BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Messageboard Meet Up

cn174

Date: 1st December 2007 - Newcastle game

Time: After the game

Place: Blues Bar

Seeing as we've not had a proper meet up for a while we thought we'd try and arrange one.

Was gonna try and make it closer to Christmas, but the only home games after this are on a Sunday and the Blues seems to shut early.

Generally we head down to the bottom of Blues, near the pool table. Glenn will probably hang the flag up so you can find where we are.

As is the norm, the blues is for s/t and voucher holders only just after the game. However this normally only applies for about 1/2 hour after the game, and after that it is normally fine. A few people nip up to the Ewood Arms for a quick pint then come back down to the blues. If you think you'll have any problems getting in just pm and I'll see what I can do :)

(mods please pin this :) )

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why couldnt it have been the Liverpool game. Would have loved to gave gone but to much for me now so close to Christmas.

Whats to stop members popping in there most games if they want? That way the 'off cumdens' on their infrequent visits to Ewood might always find a kindred spirit?

Like it but is this for the usual BRFCS clique or is anyone invited?

Clique? I had no idea that a clique had been formed on here.* But if there has then WHY ffs? and furthermore who the hell feels a need to be in it?

*BUT Could explain much though CR.

I'm guessing he means those who actually know each other personally and have done this sort of thing before.

One of the best ways of getting to know people you only know from a message board is to walk in as invited and introduce yourself. Go on; don't be shy! ;)

Hope to be able to make this and have a couple of beers would be nice to catch up. With regards to the clique comment, I've never met this clique but i've met many, many decent folk off this board, and a few not so decent ;-). I am sure the invite is open and I'm sure many others will confirm that anyone who has turned up at these meet-ups has been made more than welcome.

Hope to be able to make this and have a couple of beers would be nice to catch up. With regards to the clique comment, I've never met this clique but i've met many, many decent folk off this board, and a few not so decent ;-). I am sure the invite is open and I'm sure many others will confirm that anyone who has turned up at these meet-ups has been made more than welcome.

That's just what a member of the clique would say! Come the 1st of December you're only going to talk to people who greet you with the secret handshake.

Like it but is this for the usual BRFCS clique or is anyone invited?

The first meeting of BRFCS was between half a dozen members who didn't know each other. This resulted in one person asking a young lady if they were waiting to meet some men from the internet.

Subsequent meetings have seen differenet people get together and introduce other people to people they've met before. This tends to happen informally at matches too.

Don't think there is a clique at all, but as with all extended groups of people, some will congregate with others, especially if they've got to know them over a number of years and see them as mates.

Hopefully I'll be there, subject to lift back across the Pennines.

Clique? I had no idea that a clique had been formed on here.* But if there has then WHY ffs? and furthermore who the hell feels a need to be in it?

*BUT Could explain much though CR.

Theno, what are we going to do with you, you old curmudgeon? You really are looking like a lost cause. Hope you are not getting all grumpy because immigration and religion is off the menu.

It's just an invite to meet up with a few fellow posters, have a pint and a chat. Like Manchester Blue, I've met some really nice people via this messageboard.

I think you should go along with your whoopee cushions; your collection of Dingle jokes; your Ken Dodd-style "tickling stick" and really go for it. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

The first meeting of BRFCS was between half a dozen members who didn't know each other. This resulted in one person asking a young lady if they were waiting to meet some men from the internet.

Details omitted from the to protect the guility I see ;)

But yeah, the first one was only about 5 of us and I *think* I was the only person that had met more than one of them before.

Mr Wilkey isn't staff, but is currently helping us out with something (and it should be pointed out the Modi was just a regular member when he organised the very first Grooby's).

[* For some value of normal ;P ]

Clur. Do you fancy adding it to facebook as an event. That way I might not forgot about it this time ;)

Why Stu? You aren't a board 'official' .... or are you going to be?

I havnt been asked to be, nor would I want to be. However surely that doesn't stop lendign a hand here and there? If it should then I can withdraw my offer of help to the forum staff? :unsure:

Once I pull my finger out later today I'll get the info up!

Anyone else remember the days when we actually met up in the Waters Edge? I used to put a poster on the wall to indicate to the lost souls looking to meet up as to where we were located.

Not many members on here will remember those days thats for sure.

Oh and it is "Grooby's", and i'll present them again if you want, I seem to recall Gordon winning one many moons ago and being there to accept!

Anyone else remember the days when we actually met up in the Waters Edge? I used to put a poster on the wall to indicate to the lost souls looking to meet up as to where we were located.

Not many members on here will remember those days thats for sure.

Oh and it is "Grooby's", and i'll present them again if you want, I seem to recall Gordon winning one many moons ago and being there to accept!

I remember

Nope Lee. I came to one early meeting at the Blues Bar years ago (met you then) but not the presentations. I seem to rem that you gave it (mis-spelling and all <_<:lol: ) to Rev who passed it on to me later. Truth is I'm a driver and all my crew want to get back to the local asap where they meet mates / get picked up by wives / go on for the night from there.

Will there be a group hug? :huh: lol!

Cletus is working early next morning, so won`t be as steaming :wacko: as normal.....but he will pop in to witness the spectacle :)

Archived