BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Call Of Duty 4

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
friendly fire, you'll find if you use the martyer perk and its on, you'll end up killing all your team, VERY Embarrasing on something like HQ or S&D.

Ahhhh, I didnt know you could turn it on. I find it hard sometimes to tell who is on my team and who isnt so this would be good

Anybody done the sniper level where you have to follow capt mac ?

well the bit where you get into that opening and he says get down and dont move,

then suddenly it looks like an entire army appears, how the hell do i get past this bit i must have tried 20 times

doin my head in any ideas ?

:brfcsmilie:

Anybody done the sniper level where you have to follow capt mac ?

well the bit where you get into that opening and he says get down and dont move,

then suddenly it looks like an entire army appears, how the hell do i get past this bit i must have tried 20 times

doin my head in any ideas ?

:brfcsmilie:

I know what you mean, I got stuck there for ages.

In the end the way I got passed it was:-

As your looking out onto the on coming blokes - your mate is on the left and to your right there is a tree - stand behind it.

From here don't worry about anything on your left really because your mate will get it. All you need to worry about is the odd guy running up the steps of the Ferris wheel who you need to pick off - another guy that will come and crouch in the grass and the odd bloke that comes head on and stays behind the car Also. when their choppers come in, watch for the back dooe opening and hit them as they come down the rope. After what seems like forever the chopper will come. When it does pick your guy up but run towards the bottom of the Ferris wheel and through the railings otherwise you will have to start again like I did because a car has blown up in your face. Once you crack the routine your sorted.

wrong bit Cocker - go and crawl behind the tree to you front left (or left depending on where you get to, stay still and let the troops and the BMP's go past you, then just crawl

Oh yeah, would probably help if I read his post properly wouldnt it :rolleyes: If thats all he is stuck on he is in for a real treat soon

Is this game better than Crysis? I don't know which one to buy!

Call of Duty 4 is great fun however, its over before you know it. The online offering to me isnt enough - the maps are small and repetitive - these let it down. I think everyone who loves first person shooters needs to play it but maybe a rental first because by the time you have finished it you it will be time to hand it back.

Crysis does look beautiful if your PC can handle it. I haven't played it so cant comment to much on this one - Flopsy may be able to answer your questions here.

Play the demo, I think its great but my copy from Amazon only turned up today. and I'm away this weekend.

Heard there are some issues so you might want to wait for the patch. who would have thought EA would ship an incomplete game?

COD4 is a disapointment due to its shortness of the SP. However the game itsself is good. Get it, the MP alone is worth it

Well guys im still struggling with the sniper level ,

i just cant get past that bit i mentioned earlier, ive been behind every tree thats near,

and im still bein spotted etc , :angry:

any more tips?

Cheers.

Like flopsy said, you really have to go left - DONT FOLLOW YOUR MATE. Remember you should be crawling and not crouching. When they get near, DO NOT move. When they pass your mate will tell you to go over to him and there is the check point. I am telling you, I found this level the hardest in the game and this bit is the easiest so your in for a treat later on

If it makes you feel better I did this on my second attempt :D

I went to the right of the other guy (in the open), I tried to predict as best as I could where the space would be, at one point I was right up against the tank as it went past. I stayed still when they were right next to me, but just kept shifting slightly from left to right to get some extra space, then when I got a clear area shifted forwards.

I've been having a lot of fun playing the online multiplayer feature. It's terrific and the first first person shooter I have enjoyed since Red Faction on the PC.

Problem is it seems that some of my stats have gone backwards. Instead of being on level 7, I have reverted back to a level 6. It's not a big drop and wasn't a big rank compared to others in the first place, but since I am not on the game everyday and don't play for hours at a time, it puts me back a fair bit in terms of weapons and special perks.

Has anyone else had the same problem? I read that there was a problem with a loss of all stats when going from official to unofficial servers (I have no idea which serves I join... it just joins automatically), but that seems to be in the original version and was fixed in the patch.

EDIT: I'm told it is a problem that has happened to other people. D'oh.

Archived