BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Call Of Duty 4

Guest Kamy100

Just managed to get hold of COD4 for ps3. its like finding gold dust, out of stock everywhere. A pre owned one was just non existant (a good sign i suppose!).

Ah, your in for some good times now - enjoy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

COD4 is so much easier on a ps3 controller than a mouse and keyboard for the pc version. I used to get murdered online on pc, but on ps3 I more often than not finish in the top 3 in free for all and have won afew games. Not bad considering some of these people are ranked 50+ and ive had the ps3 game for about a week :D

I must be a natural haha

COD4 is so much easier on a ps3 controller than a mouse and keyboard for the pc version. I used to get murdered online on pc, but on ps3 I more often than not finish in the top 3 in free for all and have won afew games. Not bad considering some of these people are ranked 50+ and ive had the ps3 game for about a week :D

I must be a natural haha

I think its more likely that people who play on PC are more likely to be hardcore gamers.

You are playing more casual gamers on the PS3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just completed the game. Single player mode was quite short but brilliant throughout. The Chernobyl sniper level was freaking brilliant, especially in the camo gear. Chernobyl looked so realistic compared with the real life images. I wasn't a great fan of the previous COD games but my hat goes off to the developers of this one.

Time to try the multiplayer on the PS3...woo!

I wasn't a great fan of the previous COD games but my hat goes off to the developers of this one.

Don't get too carried away. From what I understand Infinity Ward who made this one have been binned for the next one and its going back to WW2 and wooden rifles. Sounds mad after the success of this one but there you go

To be honest I'm glad that they are. I wasn't a huge fan of the previous COD's and this one is certainly by far the best, but for me that isn't because of the period it is set in, but rather the level of the graphics and general gameplay. There is no reason why that has to become worse simply because they'll be returning to World War II. I liked the game when it was set in World War II as it set it apart from the vast majority of fps around at the moment. At least then I'd be able to justify to myself buying both COD 4 and RS Las Vegas 2. At the moment there is just a saturation of modern fps games.

What a shame if as Cocker says they have dropped the developer - this is a superb game. Resistance: FoM was the first FPS I actually played and fully enjoyed, this is the second.

Online, this is the first of it's type I have enjoyed since Delta Force 2 on the PC - and I really enjoyed that. I think the small maps and the way promotions work keep the gameplay more level.

I like the fact they are returning to the WWII period but I just hope the first developers learn from COD4 and not go back to how they did things in the previous COD series.

I'm glad they won't be going further into the future like Battlefield series did. I can't stand futuristic games. I like games to be believable and something the player can relate to & not shooting people with laser missiles from their sidearm whilst flying through the sky on their jet pack. I just hope COD5 will enable more interaction with Vehicles just like Battlefield 1942 and also have destructible buildings.

definately will do when its released, not sure when it is though for ps3, maybe a few weeks off <_<

The Xbox360 maps are exclusive for 21 days I think I read/

I've played on them all apart from killhouse, seem great. Though the canyon one is a sniperfest!

• 3 weeks later...

downloaded the PS3 map pack today. Quite dear at £7 but when you've got nothing to buy what can you do?

Maps as follows:

Creek - excellent map, certainly the best one - best for snipers

Broadcast - second map - close quarters

Chinatown - decent if a lil packed - close quarters

Killhouse - Havnt played on yet

• 2 months later...

Which of the modes (apart from private matches, I'm presuming) can Killhouse be played on? I haven't come across it either yet.

Snipers on the Creek map are nothing that can't be fixed with a bit of clever manoeuvring and a silencer. :):P;)

Archived