BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lady Luck

Now I am certainly not decrying the effort put in by one and all at Ewood to get us into the elevated position that we are currently enjoying, but after supporting BRFC for decades I usually feel that we don't seem to get the rub of the green very often. This season however it all seems to be coming at once. I dearly hope that this is not the kiss of death but certain incidents and decisions that have gone the right way this season makes me think that some Fairy Godmother is watching over us!

For instance

1. Lehman fluffing Dunny's shot to gain us a point v Arsenal.

2. A perfectly good goal (imo) being disallowed for the home team and media favourites at Stamford Bridge.

3. Samba's last kick wonder goal at Spurs.... how often will they land in the 16th row back?

4. Benitez and Coppulls mystefying decisions to play against us without a centre forward for nigh on 80 mins.

5. Chopra's penalty that never was at Sunderland.

There's 8 or 9 points at stake with just those incidents..... OK I know that we hit the woodwork twice last week but how different is it to being in the bottom 3 when absolutely everything seems to turn to base metal as soon as we touch it?

And last but not least

6. Chief danger man for Sunday Boy Wonder Rooney is out of action with a training ground injury!

Now I know that the Scum have many other dangerous players but Rooney really is their talisman and on absolute fire at the minute, and his partnership with Tevez is really lifting off. But the way things are panning out this season is beginning to get a surreal feel to it.

Well it's good to see Rovers having a bit of luck. They must be having my share because some person stepped off the kerb in Manchester tonight into the side of my car, smashed my wing mirror off and cracked my windscreen and then told me there was nothing he could do about it!

I was thinking much the same myself Gordon, Torres injured seven days ago, Rooney this weekend. Lady luck seems to be doing her best to keep the unbeaten run going.

Disagree with you about one of the examples, Samba's strike was pure class and down to great technique.

Overall though, if you're a good side and work hard enough you create your own luck. As Gary Player used to say "The harder I practice, the luckier I get."

When Souness used to whinge about being "mugged by lady luck" we weren't losing because we were being unlucky, it was because we were crap at the time!

Completely uncalled for and you're obviously not as drunk as you're making out on the other thread if you can spell that right. <_<

Take no notice Rev cos I don't. The wanabee town drunk's never forgiven me for sussing him out and pulling him up for his immaturity last season.

• 1 month later...
Now I am certainly not decrying the effort put in by one and all at Ewood to get us into the elevated position that we are currently enjoying, but after supporting BRFC for decades I usually feel that we don't seem to get the rub of the green very often. This season however it all seems to be coming at once. I dearly hope that this is not the kiss of death but certain incidents and decisions that have gone the right way this season makes me think that some Fairy Godmother is watching over us!

For instance

1. Lehman fluffing Dunny's shot to gain us a point v Arsenal.

2. A perfectly good goal (imo) being disallowed for the home team and media favourites at Stamford Bridge.

3. Samba's last kick wonder goal at Spurs.... how often will they land in the 16th row back?

4. Benitez and Coppulls mystefying decisions to play against us without a centre forward for nigh on 80 mins.

5. Chopra's penalty that never was at Sunderland.

There's 8 or 9 points at stake with just those incidents..... OK I know that we hit the woodwork twice last week but how different is it to being in the bottom 3 when absolutely everything seems to turn to base metal as soon as we touch it?

And last but not least

6. Chief danger man for Sunday Boy Wonder Rooney is out of action with a training ground injury!

Now I know that the Scum have many other dangerous players but Rooney really is their talisman and on absolute fire at the minute, and his partnership with Tevez is really lifting off. But the way things are panning out this season is beginning to get a surreal feel to it.

Well this threads come back to bite us on the arse!

Big time! errr sorry everyone..... :blush:

Dont apologise, its always been the way, and is the difference between a top 7 finish and a bottom 13 finish.

Shots deflected in/out to touch, fouls given/not given, etc etc etc

It all counts, and I for one am desperately trying to find my lucky pants from the Worthy Cup final

Archived