BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Likely Transfer Window Targets

Stop backtracking Pip, that wasn’t your original point. You tried to make some sort of assumption that Chelsea and us were at a similar level, we are not.

Yes Chelsea are superior to us in terms of First XI, and overall squad and 99% of Rovers fans would not try to think otherwise. That’s what you get when you spend over 500 million of transfers and wages.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we try to loan a sidwell or huddlestone type in the Jan transfer window. Or if we have the cash and they are within our budget try to get them permanently. Our best bet IMO is to sniff around the reserves/fringe players of Europe’s giant clubs

Your ability to read things that are not written is nothing short of fantastic.

I made a factual statement that Rovers were ahead of Chelsea in the Premier League table (and were so for three or four rounds of matches).

This season's Premier League is still shaking down and if you are a Chelsea or Liverpool, you certainly are not going to be doing transfer favours for Man City, Rovers or Pompey this Christmas- that's for sure.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With us losing Benni ti the African Nations and the likelihood opf Roberts leaving would like to see this guy if this is anything to be believed from the BBC website

'Reading boss Steve Coppell has told striker Leroy Lita that his days at the Madejski Stadium are numbered unless he adds to the solitary goal he has scored so far this season. (Various) '

Lita looks a good replacement if JR left. Like him a lot. Better than his imperial father, Leroy nearly-two-pints too.

Your ability to read things that are not written is nothing short of fantastic.

I made a factual statement that Rovers were ahead of Chelsea in the Premier League table (and were so for three or four rounds of matches).

This season's Premier League is still shaking down and if you are a Chelsea or Liverpool, you certainly are not going to be doing transfer favours for Man City, Rovers or Pompey this Christmas- that's for sure.

As a previous poster stated look at the transfers of Dianna & gallas to Arsenal( with cole going the other way). Glenn Johnson was loaned out to pompey last sesaon, Scott carson to Villa this season. Their numerous others that have moved or been loaned from the "Big four" to the second tier in the prem

You can write all you want but the simple fact is we are not YET comparable to chelsea, nor would they view us as competition for a top 3/4 place.

I'd be surprised if Hughes went for loans without the option to buy - and many of the names mentioned would not have this option. To be honest, I can't think of anyone that seems available that would be a good fit for the positions we (currently) need cover in.

Not that they would sell him to us but as he is out of favour I wouldnt mind us going for Taylor from Pompy. I think he would give Ped a right kick up the bottom that he needs.

Would probably end up costing 7m though which we dont have.

If Anelka goes this may spark an Exodus at Bolton.. Fancy Nolan from Bolton if we could get him...I think others may have already tried it on with a 5m bid

Nolan can't play in a 442. He only does well for Bolton when they play 433. I wouldn't want him.

If Anelka goes this may spark an Exodus at Bolton.. Fancy Nolan from Bolton if we could get him...I think others may have already tried it on with a 5m bid

I would like Nolan too, wouldn't pay too much for him though.

Left Winger.... I always laugh when I read that comment, he can't play 4-4-2.

Its professional football, and virtualyl every clubs uses 4-4-2 as a main formation, if not their primary/onyl formation. You don't make it into the top level of a league, especially the EPL, if you "can't play 4-4-2". quite silly, really.

There was talk of Pedro Mendes - played down by Pompey as they need cover for the African Nations. I wonder if we've the funds to change their mind? More likely we've the patience to wait til summer.

Maybe I can convince the guy, he is from the town I'm in and we have some mutual friends :D

I think it will be a quiet window for us. As for midfield....diaby, denilson, sidwell etc will not happen. Arsenal and Chelsea won't loan these players to another premiership club..no way. I think the guy from Larissa could be a possibility on trial. Hughes did it last year with berner.

lulinha from brazil would be amazing...however, that will not happen unless we have severe financial backing. as is always the case, no point even specualating if what we might bring in is not going to make us better, than what we are right now. a ball player, a playmaker....somebody of that ilk who can get the ball down and dictate play.

We have four options in the hunt for a new CM as I see it. There is no point going for a 26-30 year old becaurse they are either too expensive or not good enough.

1) An unknown gem like Nelsen, Samba. No point in guessing. Lets leave that one to Hughes.

2) A loan deal

Fletcher (Man U), Diaby (Arsenal), Sidwell (Chelsea) as before mentioned

Could all do the job.

3) Permenent deal for young up-and-comming players

Huddlestone from Spurs has been mentioned

Leon Andreasen is on the brink of a breakthrough for Werder Bremen - is going to be a good player!

4) Permanent deals for old stars with one or two years left in them, looking for a final payday (A Bolton-Special)

Pavel Nedved (35) is out of contact in the summer. I know it a long shot - but what a signing that would be!

Oliver Dacourt (33) could be lured away from Inter for a small fee. Could still do a job i the Prem.

Anyway. Just thought I'd join the name-game.

I don't know how real our interest in Huddlestone is/was but if things continue as they are, he'll probably be available in Jan. Ramos seems to have demoted him behind Zokora and even that Boateng guy. I think the performance against us must have had something to do with the decision.

Archived