BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Likely Transfer Window Targets

What did you think of Italy's stoppage time goal and the free kick that led to it? I will let you describe it as if I do so I will only get accused of being a closet Scot. I trust you to give an honest answer.

I am still trying to figure out why that was a foul

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That decision was terrible, but you forget Italy had a goal disallowed for offside in the first half which wasn't even close. Ferguson's goal was also suspected offside. Shows that the ref trio wasn't up to the task, but the it went both ways.

Doesn't that make it

Good Italian goal disallowed - advantage Scotland

Offside Scotland goal allowed - advantage Scotland

Wrong decision to award a free kick for the goal that Italy scored. = slight advantage to Italy. [it WAS only a free kick, not a goal]

Sounds like it was the Italians that got the wrong end of decisions, to me.

Re Huddlestone...

Did anyone see him running out after half time for the under 21's and tapping the ref on the shoulder as he ran past? The old tap him on the shoulder that's on the otherside to you and make him look that way trick. Childish? Yes, but it had me laughing!

I think it came from a bad decision as it was never a foul by Hutton. What did you think of the offside decisions for the disallowed goal and Ferguson's equiliser? I trust you to give an honest answer.

I thought the disallowed goal was a very marginal decision, and I honestlly could not be sure either way, whilst the Ferguson goal was undoubtedly offside. But overall I thought the Scots played very well and were in no way second best to the world champions.

The second Italian goal was an absolute out and out WRONG decision and as bad as any I have ever seen. It is not as if there was any doubt at all about who fouled who; yet the Ref and the Linesman (about 5yards away) both contrived to get it wrong.

I thought the disallowed goal was a very marginal decision, and I honestlly could not be sure either way, whilst the Ferguson goal was undoubtedly offside. But overall I thought the Scots played very well and were in no way second best to the world champions.

The second Italian goal was an absolute out and out WRONG decision and as bad as any I have ever seen. It is not as if there was any doubt at all about who fouled who; yet the Ref and the Linesman (about 5yards away) both contrived to get it wrong.

The linesman was 3 feet away. I know 'cos I was a further 10 feet behind him in row E. At that point we knew. There was no doubt. It was a foul on Hutton, and that Italy would score from the free kick. It was a good job it was Scots fans and a long time after half time, otherwise that linesman could easily have been torn limb from limb, or at least pelted with pies (not sure what's worse- Hampden pies aren't great).

That decision was terrible, but you forget Italy had a goal disallowed for offside in the first half which wasn't even close. Ferguson's goal was also suspected offside. Shows that the ref trio wasn't up to the task, but the it went both ways.

I don't forget at all. You've completely misunderstood what I was saying.

I don't forget at all. You've completely misunderstood what I was saying.

Sorry about that, it just seemed that you were blaming the ref for the result, when the game probably would've been over in the first half if the ref had got it right. Don't get me wrong, coming from small nation like Norway, I have a lot of sympathy for Scotland, and think it's amazing that you were in that position in your last game, having the hardest group of all.

It's in one of the papers this morning that Bolton are interested in Zoltan Gera at West Brom for £500,000 or £700,000 (cant remember) Surely worth a punt at that price or has he not been performing well?

They havent always been starting him which I found weird because he was one of the players that I wanted to pinch from them when they went down. Then again, I also wanted us to pinch Ellington and they never started him either so what do I know.

There was no doubt. It was a foul on Hutton, and that Italy would score from the free kick.

A poor decision but we see many of those over a season. Point is the free kick should really have been defended better. It wasn't like he gave em a penalty was it?

IN:

If Brown goes to Reading id like us too take a look at that leicster keeper on loan from spurs, his name is Marton Fulop if youve seen him youll know that hes quality.

Marek Sapara to replace Tugay because he can pass, has great vision and is always good for a goal.

Eddie Johnson to replace Roberts, because Eddie is fast and can finish as well as being in a similar figure to Roberts.

Damien Duff hes just a possability and i know hes injury prone abit but hey wasent Dunn before he came here and him and Gamst and Bentley for wingers wouldnt be too bad would it?

And another Hughsie gem signing would be nice :)

OUT:

Gallagher - we dont need him, hes a wage clogger.

Henchoz - will go at the end of the season.

Rigters/Peter - Both need a loan spell somewhere for first team footy. Rigters possably after the ANC.

Enckelman - Will go at the end of the season.

even tho blackburn are going really well in the league, i still feel we need to make changes..

players like henchoz, berner and gallagher are just making the numbers up-we need players who are going to press the first 11..

in january we should probably look at letting go-gallagher, henchoz, berner, ooijer, savage and roberts-and look at getting some better players...

we need a takeover-teams like portsmouth, everton and west ham can go out and spend 6million on one player, we cant-if we want to go further we really need to give hughes some cash..

I'd love to see Sharlrie Joseph in Blue and White Halves. He's a defensive midfielder, but he does have that bit of composure and class you need in that role, solid distribution, but not going to make the highlight pass. And with the Grenada national team connection with Roberts, there might be an in for Rovers there, unless Roberts really is sour on the club. And he's been looking to get to the prem for a while. A $1 mil and later a $2 mil offer from Celtic were rejected by the MLS, though. He's also 29.

I want nothing to do with Eddie Johnson, the guy is young, but he seems to be a moaner and just dissapepars due to lack of effort a lot. When he's on, he's great. He had back to back hattricks this season if I recall, and there was a stretch of form in the USA quallys for the last world cup, but in between he's silent, and a complete waste of a roster spot. Too inconsistent for the prem, at least for now.

One name to keep an eye on for young American attacking central midfielders... Sacha Kljestan. Currently 22, just getting his foot in the door at the USA set up. set up 13 goals in 25 matches int eh MLS, and scored 4 more of his own. Even captained the US U-23 team at an international tourney recently.

even tho blackburn are going really well in the league, i still feel we need to make changes..

players like henchoz, berner and gallagher are just making the numbers up-we need players who are going to press the first 11..

in january we should probably look at letting go-gallagher, henchoz, berner, ooijer, savage and roberts-and look at getting some better players...

we need a takeover-teams like portsmouth, everton and west ham can go out and spend 6million on one player, we cant-if we want to go further we really need to give hughes some cash..

I don't think Berner has been given a chance yet. He has potential or else hughes wouldn't have signed him. With Warnock playing so well since signing it was always going to be dificult to get into the team...but berner can be good cover, hes a squad player and the fact warnock hasn't had a bad injury yet is a miracle.

Id also keep savage, and what has roberts done wrong?

I'd love to see Sharlrie Joseph in Blue and White Halves. He's a defensive midfielder, but he does have that bit of composure and class you need in that role, solid distribution, but not going to make the highlight pass. And with the Grenada national team connection with Roberts, there might be an in for Rovers there, unless Roberts really is sour on the club. And he's been looking to get to the prem for a while. A $1 mil and later a $2 mil offer from Celtic were rejected by the MLS, though. He's also 29.

Agreed hes a class act for the revolotion but again its the cost issue and work permit problems

I want nothing to do with Eddie Johnson, the guy is young, but he seems to be a moaner and just dissapepars due to lack of effort a lot. When he's on, he's great. He had back to back hattricks this season if I recall, and there was a stretch of form in the USA quallys for the last world cup, but in between he's silent, and a complete waste of a roster spot. Too inconsistent for the prem, at least for now.

Hes a talent who could be molded into a good young player.

One name to keep an eye on for young American attacking central midfielders... Sacha Kljestan. Currently 22, just getting his foot in the door at the USA set up. set up 13 goals in 25 matches int eh MLS, and scored 4 more of his own. Even captained the US U-23 team at an international tourney recently.

Is that the Chicago midfielder?

What about Taylor Twellman hes a good finisher with both feet? I believe Toronto's Edu is also a classy player. The young lad at NY red bulls is good to [Altidore].

I don't think Berner has been given a chance yet. He has potential or else hughes wouldn't have signed him. With Warnock playing so well since signing it was always going to be dificult to get into the team...but berner can be good cover, hes a squad player and the fact warnock hasn't had a bad injury yet is a miracle.

Id also keep savage, and what has roberts done wrong?

i like roberts-if you go to the other rovers forum you will see i do..just i dont feel he wants to play for blackburn, i feel he wanted the fulham move, and if a offer of more then 4million came in i think we should consider it..if not, id be happy to keep him..

i like roberts-if you go to the other rovers forum you will see i do..

To be fair to Mozzer what he said is true he does like JR.

just i dont feel he wants to play for blackburn, i feel he wanted the fulham move, and if a offer of more then 4million came in i think we should consider it..if not, id be happy to keep him..

Dont know if i agree with that, i think JR just thinks that he should be playing more frequently but hey he will get his chance in January and hes got to make the most of that, if he dosent hes got no excuse to moan or whinge.

Don't know if he's been mentioned but i'd like to see Juan Roman Riqueleme.

Juan Roman Riqueleme's workrate makes Benni Mac look like Paul Dickov. I doubt Hughes would bring in a lazy (but brilliant) prima donna that you have to build your team around in order to get him playing well. There's no doubting his ability but I feel it's highly unlikely he would fit.

Archived