BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Likely Transfer Window Targets

Agreed hes a class act for the revolotion but again its the cost issue and work permit problems

Hes a talent who could be molded into a good young player.

Is that the Chicago midfielder?

What about Taylor Twellman hes a good finisher with both feet? I believe Toronto's Edu is also a classy player. The young lad at NY red bulls is good to [Altidore].

Twellman is class when he wants to be. For a guy as short as he is, he's also great in the air. His problem over the years has been attitude and work rate. In a lot of ways he reminds me of Andy Cole when he was with us. Goal poacher, but hands on hips disinterest too much for my liking (except, according to Jan, I shouldn't be saying that, because we never call White players lazy.)

Altidore is going to be a star. Adu had more hype, but Josi is better at his age than Freddie was.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One guy that has really impressed me the last few times that I've seen him play is Russian central midfielder Bilyadenov. That guy looks like pure class, great passing, technique, skill on the ball and looks dangerous in and around the box. He plays for Spartak Moscow I think, he would be worth looking at.

Sky Sports Paper Talk feature has this little bit:

DAILY MIRROR - Blues scout Rosenborg ace

Chelsea will have a fresh look at £1million-rated Rosenborg striker Yssouf Kone in Wednesday's UEFA Champions League clash. The 25-year-old has been attracting the interest of a host of clubs including Blackburn, Anderlecht, Paris St Germain and Marseille.

Link

I don't know anything about him, but I thought I'd put it up here.

This is a bit of a tenuous "friend of a friend knows a relative of a Rovers player" type thing, but apparantley Tom Huddlestone is very keen on a move to Rovers in January. Can't vouch for it personally, although I know another poster on here may be able to, but he is one that has been mentioned before by a few on this board...

huddlestone keen on a move to blackburn..many blackburn fans keen on him coming..obviously he needs some work, but at 20 he has fantastic presence, a great pass, and learning from tugay himself would make him a better player..obviously hughes will work with him on his fitness side of the game, but he's only 20, he is the future..

Huddlestone in the category of if Sparky thinks he's good enough, he's good enough for me.

Huddlestone is either hugely talented or just huge- the latter at the moment!

Got a hunch he will be signing if for no other reason that Sparky is a very successful stalker of a player and Huddlestone has been mentioned for quite a while now. Huddlestone can have a year's supply of pies if he brings Berbatov with him.

Not Moi. He's too cumbersome. Can't get around the park as a top mid can.

Seeing as he is a replacement for Tugay, a player languid if not cumbersome, I think we can absorb his lack of movement. Has a lot of composure and skill, at least relatively speaking compared to most English midfielders, but you have to wonder whether he really has enough of a touch to compensate that like our turk does.

But as many have said if anyone can get the best of him Hughes can. It would also give us another British player which would be nice.

In the last four successive days, the Daily Mirror has told us Sav is very unhappy and sold Roberts, Peter and McCarthy. I don't know whether this is the Mirror version of an advent calendar but judging by the output of Nicko's colleagues, we had better be ready to buy an entirely new squad in January.

Huddlestone is rated very highly at Spurs. I know he has weaknesses but these can be worked on in my view.

Jol once said he reminded him of Lothar Mattheus (by the way he plays).

if you mean lothar matthaus, no wonder jol got fired!!

huddlestone is no where near that guy's ability of the football pitch, as yet of course.

Watched the last 10 minutes of Anderlecht v Spurs last night. From that cameo-

Huddlestone looked utterly clueless as to where he should be when Anderlecht were in posession. He just ran around in space without pressurising any opponents.

Huddlestone was trying to pick the killer pass when he did have the ball. The nearly found their intended destination but in practise gifted posession to Anderlecht.

If we get him, particularly if he costs big money which he is bound to, I could see the Ewood jury really getting on his case far quicker than Sparky is able to sort out his game. This could be a crowd disaster and career wrecker. We have posters willing the club to shunt out the best striker statistically since Shearer and the midfielders (Sav and Axe) who saved us from relegation plus the guy (MGP) who has scored some of the most exciting Rovers goals in the past decade. At least the Dunn critics have gone quiet.

A big chap like Huddlestone would stand no chance.

Archived