BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Likely Transfer Window Targets

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But me in the very doubtful category of Huddlestone.

I'm not convinced that a young lad who needs work, and has a noted lack of work ethic on the pitch is what we need in our midfield at the moment. If we get a youngin' I'd expect him to be someone for the future, not someone expecting to play now. With a few guys over the hill or getting there, and a few guys with injury issues, we need a veteran presence we can slot in immediately and not lose the defensive nature of our current formation.

With a few guys over the hill or getting there, and a few guys with injury issues, we need a veteran presence we can slot in immediately and not lose the defensive nature of our current formation.

I would have thought with the likes of Tugay and Savage - the last thing we need is a veteran presence.

i personally think that all of you guys overlook a very deadly aspect in the current rovers team.

SPEED SPEED SPEED

we oftenly get messed up easily with teams that posseses PACE......... aston villa would be an example. YOUNG caused havoc!

i think Hughes should add pace into the squad urgently. in average the entire rovers team is SLOW. DAMN slow!

a creative central midfield is still missing, someone that can provide those killer passes /vision

a replacement for BIG BAD BRAD is also an issue HUGHES have to look into

i would personally fancy a fast winger, left wing to be brought in.......... provide something different for certain teams.

any candidates? I DON'T KNOW! haha leave that problem to HUGHES :rover:

Here's an interesting twist. The Guardian are reporting that Spurs are monitoring Robbie Savage.

Sometimes, you are so used to certain clubs being terminally daft (Spurs and Newcastle come to mind) that it shocks you when they are realistic and sensible.

I am not advocating Rovers selling Sav but boy do Spurs need him to get out of relegation nightmare land.

Looking at that Huddlestone video, I was imaging Benni and Roque getting that sort of service. Even MGP hugging the touchline. He could well be the new Tugs- if only he can persuade Ramos he's poo.

It does when you're away from home and the opposition are throwing midfielders at you.

Maybe, but then again maybe we need somebody who can sit infront of the back 4 and exploit the gaps left behind (from these midfielders) by using creative pin point passes that will help to counter attack the opposition. However if we are looking for an attacking midfielder to support the strikers then clearly Huddlestone is not the man. I think we could do with the Tugay type player though who can open up defences with accurate passing and clever through balls.

Let's fast forwards to 13 Jan and if the Huddlestone deal is as done as some are suggesting, Rovers could well be lining up at the Rebok with Friedel, Emerton, Samba, Nelsen, Warnock, Bentley, Huddlestone, Reid, Dunn, Santa Cruz, McCarthy. Subs Brown, Ooijer, MGP, Savage, Roberts.

That is a formidable line-up in anybody's books with fantastic balance and explosive skill levels. If you are looking to take that to real Champions League level, then on current form the "weak" links are Emerton, Nelsen and Dunn- an astonishing situation to be in!

Sorry I made the point very clumsilly. What I was trying to say was that any strengthening of that suggested line-up is going to remove some very good players who have been outstanding performers.

ditto with Nelsen but since his operation he hasn't been the player he was

I could see the Ewood jury really getting on his case far quicker than Sparky is able to sort out his game. This could be a crowd disaster and career wrecker.

If you think the rather tolerant crowd at Ewood is less forgiving than at places like Spuds, Newcastle and the majority of the Premier League, I think you're sadly wide of the mark.

If it was the case that Huddlestone is a little low on confidence and needs to rebuild his career, then Blackburn would be a much better place than most.

I always think yippee when I see Brown in the Man U team- he's rubbish relatively speaking.

He is not free. The contract expires next summer so he is as free as Lucash was who cost the Hammers £1.5m and a £70k wage.

Wes is probably looking at Rio's package (£110k per week) as his benchmark by the way.

I always think yippee when I see Brown in the Man U team- he's rubbish relatively speaking.

He is not free. The contract expires next summer so he is as free as Lucash was who cost the Hammers £1.5m and a £70k wage.

Wes is probably looking at Rio's package (£110k per week) as his benchmark by the way.

All of that statement is pretty much rubbish & guesswork. At a guess you have probably only seen Brown play a handful of times, he is better than Andre and at least on par with the Admiral.

Seconly he will be on Free,Neill was signed with 6 months left on his contract, we can sign Brown on a pre-contract ang get him for 0 in the summer.

Thirdly Who is going to pay Brown 110k? think about logically rather than applying your usual self opinionated assumptions. He will want a big wage my guess 40-50 k, but he is on free,

What baffles me is that you clearly watch little live football outside of Rovers games yet you have opinions on pretty much everything.

wes brown to blackburn i would like-he's an okay player, isnt good enough for man utd, but makes you wonder why you turn down a contract from man utd??? either he wants more money, or more reassurance he will be getting first team football...

maybe a cheeky bid for darren fletcher??? he's behind anderson, carrick, scholes, and hargreaves..

Sparky- Lucas Neill leaving enabled me to get Warnock AND Samba (for the same money) Obviously their contracts are being adjusted now they are proven successes.

deja vu on Brown

This time last year, Lucas was 28, a long term servant of the club, contract expiring in the summer and rejected several contract offers as inadequate.

Now, Wes Brown is 28, a long term servant of the club, contract expiring in the summer and has rejected several contract offers as inadequate.

The idea that Man U are currently offering Wes Brown (equally useless when winning his England caps in my opinion) such a small deal having raised it three times above what he is on at the moment that he would up sticks from OT to go to Ewood on £40K-£50K a week is stunningly naive.

Rio is also a regular Man U centre back and plays for England and earns a very well publicised £110k a week. Who else could conceivably be the benchmark Brown is comparing himself with?

Brown is not an established first teamer and is currently in the United side deputising for Neville.

Him demanding Ferdinand-sized pay would be very, very ambitious (and foolish).

However, if he does move on, he'll get a over-sized pay-packet at Pompey, West Ham, Man City - yup, the clubs with the philanthropic sugar daddies.

Archived