• Nelsen
    • Warnock
    • Emerton
    • Tugay
    • Mokoena
    • Pedersen
    • Roberts
    • Bentley

Another jolly boys trip down to cotney land is on the horizon for Mark Hughes and the troops as we look to put the Man Utd defeat behind us and get back to winning ways at the Cottage.

Undefeated in our 2 previous trips down south this season, we seen off Mourinho with a 0-0 at the bridge, i remember big tantrums with some television technology on the sidelines and went home with all 3 points at the lane thanks to a wonder strike from Samba deep into injury time to send our following wild in ecstasy!

So then Fulham, Egyptian Mohamed Al-Fayed owns the club and also owns Harrods, a famous shop in London which is a shoppers paradise with the right bank balance.

The club was made in 1879, it has played nearly 3,500 and games and scored more than 5,000 goals.

Lots of famous players used to play for Fulham:

Johnny Haynes, the fans favorite has a stand named after him too

Also there was Bobby Moore, George Best, Jimmy hill and Rodney marsh who's currently on a wildlife adventure in the Australian jungle!

Fulham have only won 1 trophy; the Inter Toto Cup in 2003.

It seems strange that they haven't been more successful, having looked at their managers over the years, there are some well famous names. They include Bobby Robson, our own Ray Harford(RIP), Wilkins, Keegan and Tigana.

With another former Rover Chris Coleman being sent packing to Spain to get a tan, Lawrie Sanchez gave up the Northern Ireland job to take his chances in the premiership.

Al-Fayed gave him the checkbook and Fulham were one of the busiest teams in the transfer market in the summer, with 15 new signings and no less than 17 players leaving the club! See full breakdown below.

Fulham summer transfers:

IN:

Diomansy Kamara (West Brom, £6m)

Hameur Bouazza (Watford, £4m)

Steven Davis (Aston Villa, £4m)

Chris Baird (Southampton, £3.025m)

Lee Cook (QPR, £2.5m)

Paul Konchesky (West Ham, £3.25m)

David Healy (Leeds United, £1.5m)

Aaron Hughes (Aston Villa, £1m)

Dejan Stefanovic (Portsmouth, £1m)

Adrian Leijer (Melbourne Victory, undisclosed)

Kasey Keller (Borussia Monchengladbach, free)

Seol Ki-Hyeon (Reading, undisclosed)

Nathan Ashton (unattached)

Shefki Kuqi (Crystal Palace, loan)

Danny Murphy (Tottenham, loan)

OUT:

Zat Knight (Aston Villa, £3.5m)

Michael Brown (Wigan Athletic, £3m)

Papa Bouba Diop (Portsmouth, £2.5m)

Franck Queudrue (Birmingham City, £2m)

Heidar Helguson (Bolton Wanderers, £1.5m)

Mark Crossley (Oldham Athletic, Free)

Matty Collins (Swansea City, Free)

Claus Jensen (retired)

Tomasz Radszinski (Xanthi, free)

Liam Rosenior (Reading, undisclosed)

Mark Pembridge (released)

Ahmad Elrich (released)

Robert Milsom (released)

Adam Watts (released)

Simon Elliot (released)

Gabriel Zakuani (released)

Matthew Briggs (released)

Craven Cottage

Fulham31.jpg

Located next to the Thames, this is more of an old classic stadium with history.

Overlooking the ground from one corner, between the Johnny Haynes Stand and Putney End, is the unique Pavilion building, which many fans refer to as 'the Cottage' (although this is technically incorrect as the original cottage after which the ground is named, was demolished many years ago). This looks somewhat misplaced being more reminiscent of a small cricket pavilion, rather than something found at a football ground, but it does add to the overall character.Fulham36.jpg

Fulham have had some injury problems like most teams, Fulham's club captain, USA striker Brian McBride, continues rehabilitation on a ruptured thigh muscle suffered in their 2-1 defeat at home to Middlesbrough in August - he's not expected back until late December.

Midfielder Jimmy Bullard continues his rehab from ruptured knee ligaments and is working towards a Christmas return.

One to watch

David Healy entered into the record books on Saturday when his exquisite winning goal against Denmark broke Davor Suker's European Championship qualification record. The Fulham striker has now netted 13 times in the Championship qualification campaign.

Well for us to get back on route to a top 4 finish, Savage and Robers are back in contention but the unfortunate Reid looks as though he has had another setback. With the Internationals in midweek, we hope our players return unscathed.

There has been many tussles over the years between the 2 sides, the one which comes to mind as a corker of a game was the 4-3 victory at Loftus Road :), Jonny Stead with the winner! he really saved our bacon that season.

The game is also in our heaven section

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?showtopic=15796

Theres alot at stake this Sunday indeed, with us just outside the top 4 and with Fulham lingering above the relegation zone, 3 points for either side would be an immense early xmas present.

Pubs for Rovers fans: The Crabtree, Zulu Bar, The Larrik and O'neills. Also Jordan will be at the Bells from 2pm :)

This is the Presty On Tour Preview, to conclude i will predict a 2-0 Rovers victory, Gamst with both in a well tidy performance..Happy days!!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers for the preview Presty. I always enjoy my trips to Fulham as it is a ground with charecter in a nice area of London.

Presty...you forgot to mention the 8 Bells pub for visiting fans. It is situated just around the corner from Putney Bridge tube station. Should be in there from about 14:00.

Score Prediction - Fulham 0 Rovers 1 (McCarthy)

There has been many tussles over the years between the 2 sides, the one which comes to mind as a corker of a game was the 4-3 victory at the cottage, Jonny Stead with the winner! he really saved our bacon that season.

Classic match that. Game was at Loftus Road, though, Presty. Tsk. Good preview otherwise ;)

As long as the lads don't get into the mindset that they just have to turn up, they should win this. Cross it wasn't last weekend as I made one of my rare visits to London. Heigh Ho.

Classic match that. Game was at Loftus Road, though, Presty. Tsk. Good preview otherwise ;)

As long as the lads don't get into the mindset that they just have to turn up, they should win this. Cross it wasn't last weekend as I made one of my rare visits to London. Heigh Ho.

i'm sorry, slap on wrists :)

all edited.

I remember that 4-v-3 victory well; as well as the more recent 4-v-0 to us.

Can't make this one as i'll be on a flight for a week for my hols in Israel. I'll also be missing the Villa and Newcastle home games. Lets make it 9 points lads over these three games and I will be back a happy chappie.

Shalom

Great preview.

There is a real oddity in this week's fixture list- as the Premiership table stands today, all ten fixtures see the top half teams playing bottom half teams.

So the penalty for Rovers not taking three points at Craven Cottage is inevitably going to be a serious loss of ground just to ramp up the pressure a bit.

I've seen Fulham in two full games against top 4 opposition and on both occasions they looked much better than their current league position. I read recently that a league table drawn up on half time scores would see Fulham in 4th position! Something wrong with fitness or mental conditioning down at the Cottage then.

Fulham look to be a big strong side who also play very decent football, particularly through a muscular and skillful midfield. Their defence is a bit suspect and up front despite Healy finally bringing some of his Northern Ireland form into the Premiership, Fulham are a bit toothless.

If Rovers don't suffer any midweek international injuries and play to our strengths and potential we should win this one but anything less than that and we are on for a mugging. Sparky to get it right and Rovers to win 2-1.

Nice read Presty :rover:

Given the Rovers of previous seasons I would say that we will hopefully get a draw from this however, given the fact that we are looking like we are not helping out the lower teams this year I think we can win this 0-3 with some great football being played. Hopefully Sav will be back to wind up Konchesky to.

A player we should watch is Diomansy Kamara because I do think he is quality however, I cant understand when I see him on the bench for them so hopefully he is benched again for this one.

Nice to see Kuqi again as long as he doesn't score

Hi Everybody

Great prewiew and some handy info in there too.

This is my first live game since the FA-Semi against Arsenal, so natually I'm very exited about this game.

I'm sure we'll win it - and I've got a feeling Gamst will finally show up (same could be said about me)

Fulham 0 - 3 Rovers (Gamst, Derbyshire, Gamst)

My only concern is the notorious Fulham hooligans. I really don't hope I run into this guy...

fulham_front.jpg

It was dreadful, I thought for nearly 90 minutes that we were going to lose and that if we did we were getting relegated.

Still was at the right end for Amoruso's free kick and that shinned volley at the start of the second half.

Unfortunately I still havent seen a replay of Cole's goal.

Great preview.

I've seen Fulham in two full games against top 4 opposition and on both occasions they looked much better than their current league position. I read recently that a league table drawn up on half time scores would see Fulham in 4th position! Something wrong with fitness or mental conditioning down at the Cottage then.

Even worse Philipl - they would be top!

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/PR/fsthalf.html

I say 2-1 to us

Looks like we'll have to be quick out of the blocks then, which I fear as we never seem to be good starters in London.

Fulham are one of those teams that I dislike playing (away) and consider them to be way, way, way below us in terms of skill, technique, tactics and overall quality (Middlesbrough, Bolton, Birmingham, Wigan, Reading being some of the others).

I think it'll be closer than many think, which is a shame as i'd really like to see Rovers show up and turn it on infront of the Sky cameras-(I'm still getting over the fact that it'll have been late November by the time we have been shown on Sky)-and prove to everybody how good we are.

That said I expect us to win, anything else will be disappointing.

0-1 (Santa Cruz 62) against the run of play

Kuqi to cause problems against old team. Fridel to keep us in the game, again

Looks like we should have a decent following down at Fulham. According to the official site, around 3/4 of our 1,050 allocation sold, with still 4 days of sales plus on the day fans. Should be looking at 1000+ cheering on the Rovers.

Not bad considering its, a.) in London, b.) £30 for a pretty average match and c.) on sky anways!

:rover:

Every year we seem to play well at Fulham, even if we dont get the result. Dont see why it cant be the same this year.

FFC 1-3 Rovers

Well I seem to be a little torn between this game. For those that don't know there has been a largley growing group of football fans here in the states that have been following Fulham. When I saw that this match was coming up I got excited seeing as I love Rovers but know bocanegra and support Fulham when there not playing us. I have to say that Fulham was one of the nicer places i visited when i was there and the people i ment there were very nice. I am going with us 3-1 to win (santa,MGP,samba and dempsy). Nice preview by the way presty!

Bocanegra, Dempsey and McBride eh? Nice little marketing strategy they've got going there at Fulham (not that they're not good enough, and as an Englishman I obviously can't put down other nation's players after recent events!).

I hope for a win, but expect a draw at Fulham. They're not as good as Rovers this season, but we don't seem to travel well to London.

Archived