• Nelsen
    • Warnock
    • Emerton
    • Tugay
    • Mokoena
    • Pedersen
    • Roberts
    • Bentley

Anyone else think he's suffering from a slight dip in confidence after his experiences with England and the pathetic booing he is subject to everytime he touches the ball. I have no doubt that if he had that chance last season he would've gone for goal, and scored. It's painful to hear these morons booing him. His body language (if a decision goes against him etc) seems to reflect that he's actually being affected by this, any thoughts?

Definitely, he was out of position but looked like he was losing confidence with every boo. Can't think why he was being subject to the booing, it's not his fault McClown / the FA / the press prefer Big 4 bench warmers to players such as himself, Doyle, James, Dunn, Warnock, Agbonlahor etc. It would be a different story if he'd played and scored an equaliser. All this crap about him not wanting to wear the England shirt - none of which is true - well if I were him I wouldn't want to be associated with those losers anyway!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's no surprise that bentley's suffering a bit. You know you're good and playing well and you can't even make the bench for a dismal England team. Wouldn't you get a bit dispirited. I know I would. Then after the match when the summer you hoped to have has been taken away from you, the manager stands there and says "I don't know what to say". "Sorry for my incompetence in selecting and motivating you" might have been the first thing and then "I'm resigning and won't be taking a penny in compensation" would have been next but instead he just says "I don't know what to say". Fortunately Bentley is now back where he'll get proper coaching and a kick up the backside if he mopes for too long and I bet anything you like that Mark Hughes does know what to say and in no uncertain terms when necessary.

Bentley is not good enough to start for England, Beckham is still a much better player if he does as told and stays on the right

How didn't we win?

Ooijer was good going forward (I tell you, he could DEFINITELY do defensive midfield :) ), Warnock was excellent aside from completely switching off for the second goal. Emerton was impressive, for me. Roberts looked good for his first game back, and Bentley looked out of sorts in the position he played in. And should still have scored, as should Pedersen. I was really hoping Peds would, actually, I think a goal would make a huge difference to his play.

Nelsen would have got the ball on the penalty shout of Kamara hadn't jumped at him, pushing him back. He'd already started his swing. It was a ridiculous penalty and even Kamara wasn't looking for it. Fulham looked more surprised than Nelsen. Both linesmen were away with the fairies and the ref had one good moment - when he booked Bentley for diving. And we still should have won by a mile.

Bentley is not good enough to start for England, Beckham is still a much better player if he does as told and stays on the right

i never mentioned his starting I mentioned the bench. Although having seen Beckham trying to run in the Croatia game I might beg to differ on whether he should be playing ahead of Bentley, but that's a different discussion, and one I don't want to get into.

Archived