• Tugay
    • Mokoena
    • Dunn
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Pedersen
    • Reid
    • Roberts

Tugay can score as many goals as he likes and in any way he likes. I treasure every one of them.

Me too, I love the little gonk.

Just to agree with other posters that this was a really excellent game of football regardless of who played well and tactics. It's just something about the game that gets you right in the guts.

We went into the game after that 0-4 defeat by Villa feeling mightily cheesed-off.

The first half was a non-event. It was cold and it was boring and I needed a wazz and a fag at half time. I managed the former.

Then Martins scored for Newcastle, terminal depression all round.

Bentley equalised with a stunning free kick. Hope rises.

He scores again with a brilliant shot. Elation! Joy!

Followed by 20 minutes of presssure from The Skunks who looked like they might equalise. Nail-biting tension, punctuated by "oh f**k" "oh f**k," "Please no" from me at least.

A couple of goalmouth scrambles just to keep the blood pressure way up high and then Tugay's goal at the end just to seal it all off and trigger mass joy and leaping about at Ewood.

Where else can you get that kind of entertainment for £15?

It's like the best book you ever read; the best film you ever saw; and the best amusement park ride you ever went on all rolled into one great big emotional cheesecake. Or something.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived