• McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Roberts
    • Reid
    • Pedersen

I watched the match and..

Hmm....

FIRST HALF

Benni McCarthy scores 1-0 Blackburn... ruled out for offside... it was onside by at least 3/4 yards

John Carew scores for Aston Villa after Villa are given a cheap freekick.

1-0 Aston Villa.

SECOND HALF

Ryan Nelsen barely touches Agbonlahor and he goes down like a sack of spuds... Fat Phil "this is my show!" Dowd gives a penalty and to add somemore to his lead role in his own pantomime gives a red card to Nelsen when it wasn't even a debatable yellow!

Villa score the pen 2-0

The ball hits Bouma in his own box, Phil Dowd waves away Blackburn penalty claims

Jason Roberts flicks the ball up, it hits Laursen on his hand in his own box, the ball diverts from going towards goal and goes out of play... Phil Dowd waves away Blackburn penalty claims

The ball is played through to Mellberg in an offisde position... the linesman and Phil Dowd fail to see this... Mellberg passes to Young, who scores.

3-0 Villa.

Morten Gamst Pedersen is fouled on the halfway line... Phil Dowd waves play on... Villa counter attack... Carew has a shot that is saved by Brad Friedel, and lands at Marlon Harewood, who is stood in an offside position, even when the original shot by Carew was taken, and hits the ball into the net.

4-0 Villa.

Conclusion.... a game wrecked by a referee! (and a dosey linesman!)

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the scoreline is horrible, but we were not soundly outplayed in this match. surprising that our first team strikers squandered as many chances..

Chances? What chances?

Chances to create chances maybe...?

We were toothless after they scored, and completely tamed when THE MORONIC REF ruined the game as a contest by awarding a penalty AND a red card.. Bloody hell. I hate football sometimes. :angry2:

We were good from about 7-27th minute. Not enough really. The "kiss of death" that is the manager of the month award continues to haunt us and will no doubt still do so on saturday. As is customary we will lose to a struggling team and help them out of their slump.

Roll on december.

Harewood goal should have been disallowed for offside btw.

Right some serious stuff here...

This will probably be deleted I know but can I state that these are MY opinions and will gladly see anyone in court who should wish to challenge them, because they cannot br PROVEN to be incorrect.

The crux of the matter is that today's game was refereed by a "man" from Staffordshire, a well know Villa heartland.

He has set out, along with his assisitants from a similar part of the world, to ensure that the result was well in favour of Villa.

Whether this was for monetary gain or because he is a Villa fan is open to debate.

I have a friend who is involved in football in Staffordshire and will find out more tomorrow. I will also be asking the FA to start an immiediate investigation into this matter and depending on what I find may involve the Police.

In view of todays other events my continued interst in this "game" may well end.

The fact that the club have allowed this to occur also brings their judgement into question.

The ref was poor bla bla I agree but what really disappointed me was the characterless response in going a goal down..

It's most unlike us based on current form

Credit Villa, battered us once given the chance, this doesn't always happen, especially away from home.

This will probably be deleted I know but can I state that these are MY opinions and will gladly see anyone in court who should wish to challenge them, because they cannot br PROVEN to be incorrect.

The crux of the matter is that today's game was refereed by a "man" from Staffordshire, a well know Villa heartland.

He has set out, along with his assisitants from a similar part of the world, to ensure that the result was well in favour of Villa.

Whether this was for monetary gain or because he is a Villa fan is open to debate.

I have a friend who is involved in football in Staffordshire and will find out more tomorrow. I will also be asking the FA to start an immiediate investigation into this matter and depending on what I find may involve the Police.

In view of todays other events my continued interst in this "game" may well end.

The fact that the club have allowed this to occur also brings their judgement into question.

Stupid post.

First goal was down to Friedel. He came for the ball on his six yard line and missed it. Second was dubious penalty which I couldn't see at all so I can't judge. At 2-0 down and ten men we were going to get stuffed.

Ouch! From where I was sat, there were at least three poor decisions by the referee and assistant that led directly to goals conceded.

We played well up until conceding the soft first goal, then went all Frank Bruno, bumbling around and not making any real impression on the game. Turning point for me was the tremendous Benni volley that was well defended by Villa, followed by the shocking penalty and risible sending off.

Bring back Sav - at least he unsettles the opposition with his dodgy barnet and redbull running. We have the strikers to capitalise on defensive errors and IMO they are both having to do too much work as well as carry the burden of scoring goals. If we bought Roque for his prowess in the air, please can we use wing play to provide some crosses to him IN THE MIDDLE.

Oh and Dunny - stop trying to be the new Stuart Metcalfe. Its been done, son - and he was far better at it than you will ever be.

Lets just put this one down to experience, re-group, re-think and bring on the barcodes. One for the scrapheap, not scrapbook.

The crux of the matter is that today's game was refereed by a "man" from Staffordshire, a well know Villa heartland.He has set out, along with his assisitants from a similar part of the world, to ensure that the result was well in favour of Villa.

Realy ?ive lived there on and off for over 15 years and have never actually meet a Villa fan from Staffordshire, infact ive meet more Rovers fans from Staffordshire than Villa fans. Yes the ref appered to be crap and anti rovers , but a realy daft post.

Was too busy at work to follow the game so I just hit soccernet to check the score I did not think we would win or even draw but 4 bloody Nil WTF HAPPENED was it really as diabolical as I have read with the reffing decisions? LeChuck you are usually pretty defensiv eon the refs is any of this real. 4 effin Nil. Sad thing is I don't think we will take owt from the geordies either.

It's interesting the last three seasons we have hit a run of games many on here think we should walk through we always fluff them. Villa had a days extra rest that's it right? Europe is going to be a struggle now. Hughes out LOL

The pathetic booing of the Villa England players especially Carson was the icing on a Turd cake of a night at Ewood......you brainless berks spent more time berating them than supporting Rovers,the atmosphere was f'kin terrible.

:angry2:

Absolutely. Stupid chavvish sheep mentality. An overpaid inarticulate numpty like Ashley Cole would deserve all the stick he gets (although I'm aware he didn't feature against Croatia), but Carson is a fine young goalkeeper who made a mistake when he got thrown in at the deep end by an inept manager. Ridiculous.

Realy ?ive lived there on and off for over 15 years and have never actually meet a Villa fan from Staffordshire, infact ive meet more Rovers fans from Staffordshire than Villa fans. Yes the ref appered to be crap and anti rovers , but a realy daft post.

Whilst the rest of his post was nonsense I must ask if you have ever been to Tamworth? The place is heaving with claret and blue :lol:

As for the match, its finished, we got beaten by a team who made us pay for not taking our chances. Move on folks. Bring on the barcodes.

Per the BBC (Rovers first):

Possession

53% 47%

Shots on target

12 7

Shots off target

9 1

Corners

13 2

Fouls

12 18

The next two games are against teams we lost at home to as well last season....

What? Now if I read that with out seeing the score I'd have said there was only one winner and it wasn't Villa, Jeepers

Guest fernhurstblue

WHAT A TIT!

Just seen the " penalty " on Sky - sure a shirt tug - Ablongwhatever fell over as if hit by passing tornado - penalty possibly - never a red card. Hope the ref's assessor sends Mr Dowd back to the Ryman league for that abysmal decision, I trust Rovers will appeal as it was a straight red card.

If you are trying to contend for the most ridiculous post of the year then i have to say this is an outstanding effort and most definitely a worthy winner. :glare:

On reflection there is no getting away from the fact that the referee changed the game immeasurably tonight and it wasn't pleasant being in the stadium after the penatly went in.

However, I think Sparky got it badly wrong with the team. Granted, Reid can't be called upon just yet, but if Sav is fit enough for the bench again, surely he can play, it really doesn't take much of a footballer to improve of Mokoena in the middle. Secondly, Bentley has by all accounts been a major reason behind our recent success and a consitent performer, to move him onto the left to accomodate Emerton was surely a mistake. Pederson and Dunn could both have done a job on the left tonight and Ashley Young doubling up as a third striker i think Bentley would have found a lot more space on his own side.

The Newcastle game obviously takes on more importance now and it should make for an interesting one, if the we win then hopefully all is forgotten and we're back on track, with big Sam sinking fast. If the Geordies repeat last seasons fixture then we can safely say the wheels have well and truly come off.

I really, really want someone to do an official statistic to which team, over the course of the last decade, has had the most "controversial" penalties and sending offs given against them. I know only "bitter fans" keep track of things like this, and it will really be a rough, debatable estimate, but I think it will be interesting to see.

Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I would bet every last penny in my pocket that we would be top.

just saying.

Archived