BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] International Football

I wonder does that go back to the Clarkson article about losing your national identity. I know as an Irish person that most of the country were profoundly disappointed by both the Rugby and football teams recent performances.

can remember the feeling at Old Trafford when Jason Roberts scored that equaliser and I can honestly say I have never been so proud of the team that I supported that day, nor have I ever felt so connected with my fellow supporters. We were all one that day.

Amazing game :) .....I remember turning to the seat behind me when J-Rob scored and sticking a big kiss on the chops of an old lady behind me...... :rolleyes: !!!!

Krislu (Norway) and James (Australia) - what about if you are BORN in Blackburn? You don't have a say in that! For many people their feeling of local pride is far greater than that of national pride - particularly in recent years.

Well, that is another reason for taking club over country. I actually take the club over country position myself. I just explained one of many reasons why club might be chosen over country, if you re-read my wording. I never discounted other reasons.

England? I want to see the players come out with proud smiles on their faces. I want them to sing the National Anthem with pride, not shift about on their feet in embarrassment. I want them to play out of their skins, to give their all for the shirt. I want a coach who is his own man, who can motivate the players and inspire them. Not much to ask, is it? Then again........... :unsure:

Archived