Hello, just received this message from Paul Holland of Blades-mad:

Philip,

Great preview, I've set mine to go on-line next

Saturday I always put match previews on-line the day

before the game.

Could you ask your board members if they wouldn't mind

coming onto Blades-Mad Messageboard and air there

views on Wet Spam and how Sheffield United (along with

Stead and Beattie) might fair this season.

Up the Blades,

Paul Holland.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take my hat off to you Phillipl,

Getting a Blades supporter to do the Q & A on Rovers v West Ham is a stroke of left-field genius.

I'm a bit too old too boo ex-Rovers players. I'll probably make a bit of an effort for Lucas though

got a feeling this could be a close one, what with our defence still playing silly b*ggers at the moment......hopefully we'll have too much going forward. 3-2 Rovers.

Aye we're a bit light this week. I reckon we're relying on WHam's bobbins away form to get the points here.

By the way, any body know what became of the geordie lads that went into the brown cow with a sign post?

Blimey, I hadn't heard that one! Hopefully they're still in Blackburn Royal waiting to have it removed from their jacksies!

Reid to get a full ninety?

West Ham have been massivly underachieving due to injuries. We are going to need to be very careful.

Surely midfield to be:

Dunn--Reid--Savage--Bentley?

I can't understand why Mokoena is getting picked ahead of Savage unless Robbie is not quite fully fit.

Reid to get a full ninety?

West Ham have been massivly underachieving due to injuries. We are going to need to be very careful.

Surely midfield to be:

Dunn--Reid--Savage--Bentley?

I can't understand why Mokoena is getting picked ahead of Savage unless Robbie is not quite fully fit.

Bentley is suspended.

2-1

Brad

Emerton Samba Nelson Warnock

Bentley Toogs Axe Dunn

Benni Santa Cruz

I'm a little worried about Bentley's replacement for this one - too much tampering about doesn't suit us . Maybe push Emo up and have Oojer (however you spell it) at full back . Ideally a straight swap for Bentley would be preferable but there doesn't seem to be one....

I can see a draw for this one ; 1-1 .

Tugay must start - an open game as this promises to be should suit the maestro .

I'm a little worried about Bentley's replacement for this one - too much tampering about doesn't suit us . Maybe push Emo up and have Oojer (however you spell it) at full back . Ideally a straight swap for Bentley would be preferable but there doesn't seem to be one....

Imagine if we had two players like Bentley.. I think Reid or Dunn will play in his place.

Roberts Santa

Gamst Tugay Reid Dunn

Warnock Ooijer Samba Emo

Must win this game to regain our momentum and stay with the pack. And put these guys 10 pts behind us.

Imagine if we had two players like Bentley.. I think Reid or Dunn will play in his place.

Roberts Santa

Gamst Tugay Reid Dunn

Warnock Ooijer Samba Emo

Must win this game to regain our momentum and stay with the pack. And put these guys 10 pts behind us.

Why not:

Dunn Savage Tugay Reid?

Do people think robbie has been poor?

:rover: now another boegy team comes along in the shape off vest ham united,last years result still rankles with me and the consequences off it.please stuff em rovers,team selection will be very intresting.will zurab return at centre back and oojer put to right back?will emerton move forward to replace betnley?will savage return or reid be given a full game?will JR get in the team in front off benni?will PEDERSEN get his place back?it's going to be a very intresting selection by sparky,my eleven would be

1-BIG BAD BRAD

2-OOJER

3-WARNOCK

4-ZURAB

5-SAMBA

6-TUGAY

7-EMERTON

8-DUNN

9-SANTA KLAUS

10-BENIDICTINE

11-PEDERSEN :brfcsmilie:

I'd like to see Reid given a start, even if its with the intention of taking him off after 70 mins. Before his injury it seemed his best position was down the right and with Bentley suspended its a good opportunity to take a look at him in that positon. It also means Emerton can stay in his best position at right back, with Oijer deputising for the suspended Nelsen.

Difficult call whether to keep MGP down the left. Without Bentley it would mean no real out & out winger if MGP doesnt start, but his well-documented recent form is a worry.

All things comnsidered I think I'd start with:

Friedel

Emerton Oijer Samba Warnock

Reid Tugay Savage Dunn

Santa Cruz McCathy/Roberts

subs; Brown, Zurab, Derbyshire, MGP, McCarthy/Roberts

Archived