BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Attendances On The Up

Ben-2000

Just been comparing the attendances of out home games so far this season and comparing the same fixtures last season and overall we seem to be doing very well.

Arsenal +3k

Man C +8k

Pompey +2k

L'pool +700

N'castle +8k

W Ham +2k

The only 2 that we are down on so far are

Reading -3k

Villa -4k

This makes an approx total of 16-17k extra bums on seats so far this season compared with the same games last year :tu:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id say looking around ewood that our attendances by home fans must be a good few thousand up on last year. There have been some poor away followings by Reading and Birmingham.

Hopefully with the half season ticket sales that might go up another 1000 or so.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys I'v only had a season for few seasons now and I cant forsee me not having one in the future, i take my boys (2 & 5yrs), however i have been absolutgley shocked by the amount of poeople who are talking about not renewing their season tickets due to out recent slump, i find this really negative and quite disgraceful, im probably gonna get slaughtered for this, but the people of bburn (or some) dont deserve the club that we have!!

Darwen Rover, a number of season ticket holders are fed up of the rescheduling of games to accomodate tv. Resulting in the fact that they miss the games due to work commitments. Together with the fact that 99.9% of the time there is no shortage of tickets on a match by match basis.

However the biggest reason for not renewing at present ...............poor results.

Doesnt matter how well or bad a team plays, only die hard fans will follow a losing team, week in and week out and put up with the stick on Monday morning when the team has lost.

Darwen Rover, a number of season ticket holders are fed up of the rescheduling of games to accomodate tv. Resulting in the fact that they miss the games due to work commitments. Together with the fact that 99.9% of the time there is no shortage of tickets on a match by match basis.

However the biggest reason for not renewing at present ...............poor results.

Doesnt matter how well or bad a team plays, only die hard fans will follow a losing team, week in and week out and put up with the stick on Monday morning when the team has lost.

What losing side??? we are in the top half of the hardest, most competitve league in world football. It frustrates the hell out of me all this negativity. Blackburn Rovers are so unfortunate that such a great club has such small demographics, I wish we could just say 'f*** those that dont want to bother supporting us in bad times' but unfortunately we need every single fan as we are not a West Ham or a Spurs that has an unlimited fan base to draw from.

'Best side since 95' was an almost universal statement on this board and on Ewood in October, now the apocalypse is nigh, yesterday was a culmination of a a poor few months and a shake up of the playing staff is needed

For christ sake look at clubs with similar sized catchment areas and financial backing to us- PNE springs to mind, we have no divine right to succeed in this league, though some of our 'fans' think so, it takes an immense effort on and off the pitch to maintain it. I am immensely proud of this football club and I'll be at Bolton SUPPORTING my team as we are once again, unbelieveably given our population and financial clout chasing a European place.

'Best side since 95' was an almost universal statement on this board and on Ewood in October, now the apocalypse is nigh, yesterday was a culmination of a a poor few months and a shake up of the playing staff is needed

Well said that man - let's not go OTT in our assessment of the current situation, even though it is tempting after yesterday's "performance"

Agreed.I think we all need to take a few deep breaths,clear our heads and move on even though yesterday was one hell of a shock to the system.Perhaps that result will wake people up,dust off the cobwebs and get us back on track.

Here's hoping! :unsure:

I just don't seem to be able to get it out of my system :wacko: I'm dreading going to the breezeblock next week

Just a few facts, home attendances are def. up, no doubt about it and whilst some of the away followings by so called bigger clubs are disgusting (Always have & always will be) Most of the matches have also had a good atmosphere and more noise from us, poor form will always lose some fans (Temporarily) but that's life in a blue & white boob tube isn't it?

We WERE shocking yesterday, and we have had a few poor results

However:

We are doing better than at this stage last season for a small town club in the prem. with a hardly affluent population of 100K vs all the local teams pull that isn't bad, we did start very well & we do have players like Brad, Warnock, Nelson, Samba, Tugay, Bentley, Reidy, Matty, Benni & Santa ! (Hardly scraping the old barrel is it?!)

So..................

How TF can we dread going to the breezeblock???? They are absolute pooh and will probably be without their only scorer Anelka (or he'll be sulking) and our players WILL get a kick up the arse, so it's upto us to turn up and drive them on, after all, I'm not sure that if we had brought a few more yesterday then it might have actually felt like a cup tie! We can't have it both ways !

Please, please, please, can we keep things in perspective and can some of the morbid merchants actually bear the facts in mind before posting doom & gloom to the extent they are, we sound like a right bunch of whingers!

p.s. At least we aren't Newcastle fans... (It could be much much worse)

How TF can we dread going to the breezeblock????

I've seen my team get steadily worse over the last month or so, I've also seen a poor Notlob team turn around their season around.

Like I said 'I'M' dreading going to the breezeblock not 'we', you can please yourself.

I've seen my team get steadily worse over the last month or so, I've also seen a poor Notlob team turn around their season around.

Like I said 'I'M' dreading going to the breezeblock not 'we', you can please yourself.

Well i`m looking forward to going to the breezeblock (first away game for 2 years),hopefully we will take a decent crowd and really get behind the lads and take away 3 points.

I will be shouting my head off and cheering Rovers on.

Btw if i hear anybody booing Rovers after the first 10 mins (like i heard against Sunderland!) you can expect to get a flea in your ear! :tu:

• 1 month later...

If more armchair fans came down Ewood would be rocking every game as well as almost selling out but no they choose to go to the pub or stay at home but still call themselves die hard fans and this is after they discover that they live 5 mins from ewood.

Weve done great to get the numbers up so everyone whos bought the st or new tickets etc, big pat on the back.

If only more clubs could do schemes like this.......

• 1 month later...

Without doubt the ticket initiatives this season have been a great success.The crowds are going the right way for the first time in a long while and I feel next season will see a continued improvement.....its encouraging for all to see! :rover:

I wonder what the gate reciepts and tv/commercial income were for yesterdays game?.No doubt miniscule compared to the big city clubs but compared to any other club relative to our size I would have thought very,VERY good.

Forget your Lancashire Utd theno :lol:

Without doubt the ticket initiatives this season have been a great success.The crowds are going the right way for the first time in a long while and I feel next season will see a continued improvement.....its encouraging for all to see! :rover:

I wonder what the gate reciepts and tv/commercial income were for yesterdays game?.No doubt miniscule compared to the big city clubs but compared to any other club relative to our size I would have thought very,VERY good.

Forget your Lancashire Utd theno :lol:

I wouldn't hold your breath. The number of teenagers & few supervisory adults being shipped into the JW Upper suggest that there were 100s of either concessionary tickets galore, or possibly a hell of a lot of freebies.

Archived